• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS OWB holster

This is a discussion on XDS OWB holster within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I am looking for a very thin, OWB belt holster for my XDS 45. I have good IWB, but for the winter months i think ...

Old 06-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 88176
XDS OWB holster

I am looking for a very thin, OWB belt holster for my XDS 45. I have good IWB, but for the winter months i think OWB may be better.

Just looking for a inexpensive option that keeps the gun close. i have a hard time concealling anything but a small 380 usually. Any suggestions? won't be using it too much as i prefer IWB but there are those times when hiking that it would be easier to OWB carry.
Hunter991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 86502
I carry a Mitch Rosen/Upper Limit. Rides high and close to the body. It comes in the "boned " version and their Express Line ($75.00). After carrying for 21 years , I finally found one that is comfortable and concealable. Good Luck !!
dingo981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 91191
I have this Winthrop holster that I like very much when I do carry OWB.

Amazon.com: Springfield XDS OWB w/shield Holster Black: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: Springfield XDS OWB w/shield Holster Black: Sports & Outdoors

At $45, it's one of the better options out there with no waiting.

GeorgiaCarry.org member
colding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80022
Zlogonje Gunleathers - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Love my leather holster from Zlogonje. "Elemental" OWB holster with arcane cut pattern crafted by Dan. Rides close, secure and out of sight. I have only had it a month, but if I can carry it during these 100+ degree days, then the rest of the year will be a breeze.
I like the OWB carry because it allows me to slide the holster up front (appendix) when I am standing or walking about and then a bit more towards my side when I am sitting. Never gets in my way and is comfortable all day, no matter what particular type of work (social or otherwise) I may encounter.

Last edited by TXDS; 06-28-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: add photo
TXDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 92105
I agree with Dingo on the Mitch Rosen Express Line. I started with the Upper Limit for competition draw effect, and found that I prefer the forward cant of the 5JR-President for deeper concealment. It keeps the butt of the grip from printing, but they both hug the belt nicely and mold to the gun like a glove. Carry on.
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 92030
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDS View Post

Love my leather holster from Zlogonje. "Elemental" OWD holster with arcane cut pattern crafted by Dan. Rides close, secure and out of sight. I have only had it a month, but if I can carry it during these 100+ degree days, then the rest of the year will be a breeze.
I like the OWB carry because it allows me to slide the holster up front (appendix) when I am standing or walking about and then a bit more towards my side when I am sitting. Never gets in my way and is comfortable all day, no matter what particular type of work (social or otherwise) I may encounter.
I have an elemental on order (black with mahogany trim) for my Glock 19 and I can't wait to get it! I get more excited and impatient with every great review I read I'm sure I'll be ordering one for my XDS as soon as funds allow.
DJCantonGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 93254
JPB Master's Leather Holster

I have two, one for my XD 5 inch and one for my Glock 27. Fantastic quality. Need to break em in but once you got em broke in, they are so smooth.

You can get with or without retention straps.

They make a lot of different types of holsters.

Hybrid in and out non retention holsters, etc...

Check em out!
Taurus PT1911FS
deiselffuel2o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 18902
Another satisfied Zlogonje "Elemental" holster owner here. I believe you'll find the price in your budget area. My Zlogonje holster review.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
arizona98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 92030
[QUOTE=arizona98tj;4044861]Another satisfied Zlogonje "Elemental" holster owner here. I believe you'll find the price in your budget area. My Zlogonje holster review.

Great review. I am looking forward to receiving my Elemental! Ahhh...5-6 more weeks
DJCantonGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51450
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDS View Post

Love my leather holster from Zlogonje. "Elemental" OWB holster with arcane cut pattern crafted by Dan. Rides close, secure and out of sight. I have only had it a month, but if I can carry it during these 100+ degree days, then the rest of the year will be a breeze.

What kind of shirts do you wear with it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
best owb holster for xds
best xds owb holster
owb holster

owb holster for xds

owb xds holster

springfield xds holster
springfield xds owb holster

xds 45 holster owb

xds 45 owb holster

xds holster

xds holster owb

xds kydex owb holster
xds owb

xds owb holster

xds owb holsters
xds owb leather holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.