• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Just called Springfield

This is a discussion on Just called Springfield within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I was wanting to buy a recoil spring assembly... nothing is wrong with mine YET, I just figured I would use the stock assembly for ...

Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 93370
Just called Springfield

I was wanting to buy a recoil spring assembly... nothing is wrong with mine YET, I just figured I would use the stock assembly for my range time, then when I clean it after my range visit (I clean it after every trip to the range), swap the spring assembly out for the new one for when I carry. That way the spring assembly is always new when/if I may need to use it.

So I gave Springfield a call after reviewing their website and noticing that the recoil spring assembly for the XDs is not listed for sale or in stock.

I requested to speak with someone is sales. When the woman answered the phone I let her know I wanted to purchase the XDs recoil spring assembly just to have a spare... she said they did indeed have them. Then I asked about the 5 round magazines, which they also had for $28.95. I then asked about their 45 ACP Mag loader, I already ordered a UPULA, but the springfield model attaches to the picatinny rail on the side of the mag holder and would just add to my collection... and it was only $19.

She informed me that the reloader would not work with the XDs and they did not yet have one that would... so I didn't get it of course. However, the recoil spring assembly and 5 round magazine were in stock.

While on the phone I asked about the 9mm 9 round, 9mm 7 round and the 45 7 round... she said they had them all. It paid off to give them a call instead of just assuming the products weren't in stock. Just FYI to anyone who may be looking.

1-800-680-6866

VERY pleasant and helpful personnel.
kingfhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 88303
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfhb View Post
I was wanting to buy a recoil spring assembly... nothing is wrong with mine YET, I just figured I would use the stock assembly for my range time, then when I clean it after my range visit (I clean it after every trip to the range), swap the spring assembly out for the new one for when I carry. That way the spring assembly is always new when/if I may need to use it.

So I gave Springfield a call after reviewing their website and noticing that the recoil spring assembly for the XDs is not listed for sale or in stock.

I requested to speak with someone is sales. When the woman answered the phone I let her know I wanted to purchase the XDs recoil spring assembly just to have a spare... she said they did indeed have them. Then I asked about the 5 round magazines, which they also had for $28.95. I then asked about their 45 ACP Mag loader, I already ordered a UPULA, but the springfield model attaches to the picatinny rail on the side of the mag holder and would just add to my collection... and it was only $19.

She informed me that the reloader would not work with the XDs and they did not yet have one that would... so I didn't get it of course. However, the recoil spring assembly and 5 round magazine were in stock.

While on the phone I asked about the 9mm 9 round, 9mm 7 round and the 45 7 round... she said they had them all. It paid off to give them a call instead of just assuming the products weren't in stock. Just FYI to anyone who may be looking.

1-800-680-6866

VERY pleasant and helpful personnel.

What did the recoil spring cost?
XDs 9mm
Ruger Blackhawk .357
Smith & Wesson .38 Special
Llama XXVI .22 LR
FIE Titan E27B .25
XDM40Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
XDTalk Member

Member #: 93370
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDM40Medic View Post
What did the recoil spring cost?
The cost was $29.00 for the Recoil Spring Assembly. The part number is XDS5080.
kingfhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 88608
Hey, for $29 that is a great item to put on the parts shelf! Great info. Thanks for posting.
beachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 93426
Calling them now
El_Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 92473
Thanks..great post.
CargoBay6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 71862
To repeat others: Thanks. Ordered one for my son and myself.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 92125
Do these recoil springs wear out? I have not heard if ordering a backup spring.
drober30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83467
Ordered one just now. Said it will ship Monday. I have not heard of one breaking but they do get some wear, especially at the start. It is just an insurance policy in a way. I figure they will weaken at some point in time. The person I leave the gun to in my will may be able to use it.
texascop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 92105
recoil spring

All springs weaken with use. Especially with the short barrel, high caliber XDS 45. I'll wanna have a new one on hand by 1,500 rounds in case my working weapon starts FTF or FTE. I'm still good at 1,000 flawless rounds. Anyone wear one out yet?
montrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
change the firing pin spring on a springfield xdm 4.5
springfield 45acp spring assemblies
springfield armory xds 9mm
springfield armory xds firing pin spring assembly
springfield xds 45 recoil spring
springfield xds recoil spring
springfield xds recoil spring assembly
who sells recoil springs for springfield xdm and xds

xdm .45 acp change firing pin spring with recoil spring ?

xds 9mm bitone

xds.45 recoil spring assembly
Click on a term to search for related topics.