• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDs .40 coming out

This is a discussion on XDs .40 coming out within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I was at Gander Mountain this past Saturday. After looking at a couple of o/u, saw a XDs .45 Held it, which I should never ...

Old 05-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 88001
XDs .40 coming out

I was at Gander Mountain this past Saturday. After looking at a couple of o/u, saw a XDs .45
Held it, which I should never have done, we got to talking about the XDs 9, then he dropped this this bomb shell, the XDS .40 will be coming out around August. I asked if I could pre-order, nope not yet, but 1st of June is the scheduled pre-order time frame.

We shall see.
sleeperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 05-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92806
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperhawk View Post
I was at Gander Mountain this past Saturday. After looking at a couple of o/u, saw a XDs .45
Held it, which I should never have done, we got to talking about the XDs 9, then he dropped this this bomb shell, the XDS .40 will be coming out around August. I asked if I could pre-order, nope not yet, but 1st of June is the scheduled pre-order time frame.

We shall see.
That's the nice thing about the XDs - Springfield Armory has always planned to have the same gun in the 3 most popular calibers. The nice thing is that if you end up wanting to have an XDs in more than one caliber, most of your XDs accessories will work!

Honestly, I wonder if you couldn't just change out the barrel, magazine & recoil spring and be able to have a multi-caliber weapon with just one XDs frame and slide!
HumVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
The 40 won't be around till next year. Direct from SA they can barely keep up with the 45, and they anticipate the 9 to be more popular. So they will release the 9 this year and then take the next step when they can meet the demand.
ajamesp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92806
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamesp51 View Post
The 40 won't be around till next year. Direct from SA they can barely keep up with the 45, and they anticipate the 9 to be more popular. So they will release the 9 this year and then take the next step when they can meet the demand.
The 9mm is a fine addition to the family, but I'm not unhappy with my .45 ACP version. It's great that SA is rolling out 3 different calibers to their fans, though.
HumVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 91505
not looking forward to either the 9 or 40. don't see the point, especially in the .40. that's a snappy round as is
SoKoPaTh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #6
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 85215
XDs .40 coming out

Ill have to add that having shot a 45 cal XD and my 40 shield side by side the "snappiness" of the XD in 45 was about the same as my shield in 40 which is a smaller lighter gun. So I don't see an XD in 40 being overly snappy since I assume it will be a little larger/heavier than the shield. I would like to try one when they release it.
Texas40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83858
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoKoPaTh View Post
not looking forward to either the 9 or 40. don't see the point, especially in the .40. that's a snappy round as is
FWIW, me neither. The XD-S .45 is my EDC because it is (relatively) small, light, easy to conceal and packs a great big punch. I don't see the point in going to a smaller caliber in the same sized gun. If I want a 9, I have a Kahr CM9 that I carry when the slight differences in size and weight become significant because of the clothes that I am wearing, but I would never choose a 9 or .40 over a .45 in the same sized package. JMO, YMMV. And no, I don't want to start a rehash of the great 9 v. .40. v. .45 debate. It's like asking cigar smokers whether to leave the cellophane on the cigars or take it off...
01hdfxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 43415
IMHO

XDs in a 40 is too much, If there making it so be it........

Some know that 40 is a cut down 10mm, and it snappy round and the question is who would want it?

XDs in 45acp or 9mm will fill the need for all.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.
XDM bitone 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 83597
Yay, a 21oz 40 cal! More muzzle flip and flash for everyone!!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84945
Re: XDs .40 coming out

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDM bitone 40 View Post
XDs in a 40 is too much, If there making it so be it........

Some know that 40 is a cut down 10mm, and it snappy round and the question is who would want it?

XDs in 45acp or 9mm will fill the need for all.
Except for those of us who like 40...you know the ones who have shot a modern pistol and realize that the article that someone read in a 1999 edition of guns and ammo was outdated. You know the article...the one about muzzle flip and flash. I'm certain that this same person might be business minded and think that it would only make sense to offer this caliber, as it has in most of its pistol lines. Just sayin'! Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
challl80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
springfield xds .40
springfield xds .40 release date 2013

springfield xds 40

springfield xds 40 cal
when is the xds 40 coming out

xds .40

xds 4.0

xds 40

xds 40 cal
xds 40 release date
xds.40
xds40
Click on a term to search for related topics.