• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS not going into full battery. Advice?

This is a discussion on XDS not going into full battery. Advice? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by vaq45 I took my "rubber"spring out of mine and have never had a problem since-cant seem to find an answer on why ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » XDS not going into full battery. Advice?

Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 89964
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaq45 View Post
I took my "rubber"spring out of mine and have never had a problem since-cant seem to find an answer on why its there ,just makes the extractor so damn tight against the shell anyway,that's how I solved all my xds problems--just my 2 cents
I will have to give it a try!
cfoxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 89314
Some people say no--others say yes all I can say is that it worked for me, one handed shooting is no problem--make sure you have a spare roll pin-5/64x5/8 fits nicely-also it comes out from the bottom to the top -keep the rubber spring just in case and be careful that the round silver thingy doesn't go flying its also held in by the roll pin
vaq45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 27854
Are you shooting reloads at the range?
rayikeo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

I don't know if its me your asking but I shoot factory and my own reloads- probably 4or 5 thousand by now--purrs like a kitten-- this gun is amazing
Old 03-29-2013, 09:53 AM   #25
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 62655
Hey Vaq,

Just got my XDs last week. I haven't been to the range yet, but noticed OOB when trying to chamber a boresight laser. At first I thought it was the boresight, but then had it happen on a snapcap also. That slide spring is pretty stout, so I started using the slide release instead of manually racking it, and I haven't had the OOB since. Boresight has chambered great as well as the snap caps.

Its probably premature for me to be considering any mods because of this-with no real rounds thru it, but I am curious what exactly the part is you are talking about when you say "rubber" spring.

Thanks
familyguy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Look in your instruction manual--on the exploded view of the slide--i don't have mine with me but if you look at the extractor spring it shows a rubber bumper inside that spring --I would like to say its #33 but I'm not sure
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Yep--its #33-the striker pin safety is also held in by the extractor roll pin so be careful
Old 03-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #28
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53114
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRFan1 View Post
Shoot the gun....
I have about 1,500 rounds through mine, ya think it is broke in yet?

1,500 rounds and it still hangs up on the extractor and brass. I think maybe removing the rubber from the extractor spring is worth a try.
Greg O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #29
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 53114
Quote:
Originally Posted by parrowman View Post
It looks to me like you are trying to push the slide forward. Just let it rip man.

It happens to my XDs after 1,500 rounds of use, while firing the gun, not from racking the slide. For the most part I never rack the slide a full cycle. I may pull the slide back, lock it and drop in a mag, then drop the slide with the slide release. If I do rack by hand I sling shot it, pull the slide back and when it hits the end of travel I just let my fingers slip off the slide and let 'er slam home.
If the gun fails to feed when I rack by hand I just write it off as operator error.
Greg O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #30
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 91354
I generally have this issue a few times only when Racking the Slide for the First time, But never firing the gun. I attribute it to Operator Error on my part. As others have pointed out in your Video, You are riding the Slide home, Pull it back and let it go.

I only have 100 rounds thru mine, But so far no problems with the Gun, just the operator -- I got to say, I really like it a lot and if I can find some .45 that dosen't require me to leave my first born behind, I hope to get some more trigger time.

TJB
TJB63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
critical duty wont chamber in xds

not returning to battery

slide not going into battery xds

spring field xds wont go in to battery

springfield xds. 45 slide wont battery

xds 45 failure to return to battery

xds 45 out of battery

xds extractor spring buffer missing

xds failure to return to battery

xds failure to return to battery fix

xds wont go into battery

xds45 wont go into battery fix

Click on a term to search for related topics.