• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Sneaky Pete Holsters

This is a discussion on Sneaky Pete Holsters within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Has anyone tried one of these? Springfield XDS Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Clip) - SneakyPete...

Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 47022
Sneaky Pete Holsters

Has anyone tried one of these?

Springfield XDS Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Clip) - SneakyPete
MarkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 53085
X2
I'm looking at one for my p938, would love to hear reviews.

"Fear is just the smell of ignorance when it takes a sh!t"
wisekise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:35 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 81882
No I haven't but it looks interesting.

I lost all my weapons in a boating accident on Lake Erie last summer. Very tragic.
DJM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83467
Yes I have. They are very well made and nice looking. The XDs model has two clips on the back. The magnetic "latches" that hold the flap are very strong but easy to open.

The big drawback is the size. They look like a holder for a Kindle or a mini iPad. But if you think about it, it has to be at least as long as an XDS and as wide. The thickness is just over 1 inch. Just draw a square box on cardboard around your XDs, cut it out, and place it on your side to see how much real estate it requires. It doesn't look like a holster but be prepared with a good story because people will ask you what you have in your "man purse".
texascop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 73858
I agree with everything texascop said, I had 2 for 2 different guns and sold them both and stayed with pocket or IWB carry because of all the "man" purse questions mostly due to its size....not that I care what other people think it was just out of character for me and my lifestyle to have that hanging on my hip.. Safe shooting ...if you have ammo.
goldwingtrikerbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76348
I'll have to disagree with the above posters. I had one for my PF9 and it was great. No one ever said a thing about it and chalked it up to just an electronics case.

Again, I tend to find that people don't notice anything as they are focused on themselves all the time.

I do not have one of the SPs for the XDs yet, but it is in the plan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

----------------------------
XDS - .45ACP
XDM 3.8, .45ACP
XDM 5.25, .45ACP
IDPA - CDP MM
IDPA - Safety Officer
NRA Life Member
bigdawgbeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 72857
I've been looking at one of these also. How are durability and quality? To be more "incognito", does it appeal more towards those who dress "nicely" for work, or can it be worn with just about anything and still fit in well? I can see where most people won't even give it a second thought as they are most likely wrapped up in their own little world unless they know you and think it might be out of character.
LocoGringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Quote:
Originally Posted by texascop View Post
It doesn't look like a holster but be prepared with a good story because people will ask you what you have in your "man purse".
If they have to know, just tell 'em that it's your colostomy bag or a muscle simulator , and they shouldn't have any more questions.

As for the holster, it's looks to have applications for me.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83467
I am not advising against it, just stating my observations and what I actually experienced. They are well made, a little on the dressy side and very durable. It has an insert that curves in the area where the trigger guard will live. The area of the case below that is hollow (bottom left corner for a right hander) with no support and I suspect over time, that edge will collaspe in to a degree from the pressure against it while setting in a car. The leading edge (the area where the top of the slide rests) is reenforced with a plastic insert.

It does not give the impression of a cell phone case. Maybe a cell phone case for multiple phones. And it won't pass as a pocket protector either.
texascop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76348
Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoGringo View Post
I've been looking at one of these also. How are durability and quality? To be more "incognito", does it appeal more towards those who dress "nicely" for work, or can it be worn with just about anything and still fit in well? I can see where most people won't even give it a second thought as they are most likely wrapped up in their own little world unless they know you and think it might be out of character.
I consider it versatile when it comes to what you are wearing. Like I said, I had one for my PF9 and it stood up to everyday abuses well. When I wasn't wearing it, or opted for my 1911 to OC, it stayed in the SP holster in the center console of my car. It was nice knowing that it was always in there and I could just grab it and clip it on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

XDS - .45ACP
XDM 3.8, .45ACP
XDM 5.25, .45ACP
IDPA - CDP MM
IDPA - Safety Officer
NRA Life Member
bigdawgbeav is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
sneaky pete
sneaky pete for springfield armory xd-s
sneaky pete holster for xds
sneaky pete holster in ohio
sneaky pete holster review
sneaky pete holster review springfield
sneaky pete holsters springfield xdm
sneaky pete holsters xds
sneaky pete reviews springfield xd 40 subcompact
sneaky pete xdm
sneaky pete xds holster
sneaky peteholsters for xds
springfield 40 sub compact xds sneaky pete holster
used sneaky pete xds 45 reviews

www.sneakypeteholsters.com

xds sneaky pete holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.