• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Crossbreed vs Harwell

This is a discussion on Crossbreed vs Harwell within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; My belt is a Crossbreed BTW, it is excellent quality!!! I replaced the original buckle with a 100% Titanium buckle due to my Nickel allergy... ...

Old 01-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #11
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84879
My belt is a Crossbreed BTW, it is excellent quality!!! I replaced the original buckle with a 100% Titanium buckle due to my Nickel allergy... It looks SHARP!

So of the two in question i'll +1 for CB!!

"Who is shooting me in the legs i wonder quietly to myself?"
TheJohnnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75325
I'd take the comp-tac over the cb. It has much better clips that prevent the holster from lifting during draw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Cerakote, Duracoat, and Hydrographics

Springfield XDs .45, XD .45, XDm 9mm 4.5
Many other handguns, rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders....

"Gun control isn't about guns. It's about control." - Jared
jnyost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:21 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79227
Love my harwell clip n go
jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:10 AM   #14
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 81882
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
I'd take the comp-tac over the cb. It has much better clips that prevent the holster from lifting during draw.
What he said!

I lost all my weapons in a boating accident on Lake Erie last summer. Very tragic.
DJM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 32008
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyost View Post
You must be doing something wrong. I use one "J" clip and one "Velcro" clip with my rig and combine it with either a CB or WT belt. I've never had my CBST lift when I draw.

-
tcox4freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84405
I have the Harwell Pro tuck and I love it. It's very comfortable and within minuets I forget I'm wearing it. The turn around was great, I had it in my hands within 5 days of ordering.
watmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #17
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84687
Can't speak for the supertuck, but I have a mini-tuck for my xds. I personally think the size of the supertuck is over kill for the xds. In my opinion, the mini-tuck is perfect in size...keep in mind that the mini has a "combat" style cut so you might consider an undershirt to protect your love handles from those all terrain grips. However, I'm not a huge fan of the crosses stamped in the clips of crossbreed's products...not knocking religion...I just prefer to blend in with the sheep as much as possible.

I also can't speak for the pro tuck from harwell, but I do have their clip-n-go for my lil beastie. I got this for the days when I'm having to put on and take off my gun frequently...one clip is much easier than two. If you do opt for harwell, get the natural leather. I chose the black leather, and since the backside is also dyed, its much stiffer and slicker...therefore, less comfortable. Doesn't matter w/ an undershirt though. However, you can't beat harwell's price and speed of delivery.

Two things about the clip-n-go: I did trim about a quarter inch of leather off the top left corner...this is so my thumb could get a full grip on the gun when drawing, no biggie. Second, due to the clip being placed directly on the side, it makes the overall holster a little thicker. As a result, I'm gonna try crossbreed's quick-clip model...the clip is offset, making a thinner profile. Plus, there's no cross on the clip Can't hurt to try, just money. Lol
DukeNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #18
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 24996
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnnyGuy View Post
Wow that's crazy! They must be backed up bad... I just ordered a kydex body for my MTAC to switch it from my fullsized Px4 to the XDs and it took them 4 days (production time) then it was in my P.O. Box 3 days later. And as always, they sent Smarties! the candy! Actually they always send smarties... it's a neat form of customer appreciation...
Still sendin' smarties, huh?

Mike
screwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #19
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76475
Thx for all the advice. Ordered the horsehide Super Tuck with the combat cut, and one of there belts. They offered a LEO discount which was cool. Now we just wait six weeks and see of it was a good choice for $150
The_KY_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74984
Looks like I am jumping a little late, because you just made your purchase, but...

I have had the Crossbreed Minituck and the Harwell Protuck, both for the XDS. The Crossbreed wins for me.

I couldn't draw the XDS from the Harwell. I couldn't get it out of the holster. They sent me a replacement free and fast, but I had the same problem with it. They gave me a full refund with no problems at all.

I purchased a Crossbreed as well, and the draw was smooth. It would not fall out, but it came out much easier than the the Harwell. I had the Horsehide version and it was much nicer as well.

Harwell is a great company and many people here like them, but for me the Crossbreed was better.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
crossbreed mini tuck vs harwell holster

crossbreed supertuck xds

crossbreed vs harwell

do crossbreed clips work on harwell holsters

harwell clip n go

harwell clip n go holster vs crossbred supertuck
harwell holster vs crossbreed holsters

harwell pro tuck

harwell pro tuck adjustable height
harwell pro tuck review
harwell protuck vs

harwell protuck vs crossbreed supertuck

harwell vs crossbreed

supertuck or mini tuck for xds 9mm
theiss or harwell holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.