• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Not Just Another Holster Thread

This is a discussion on Not Just Another Holster Thread within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; The reason for starting yet another holster thread is that I am on the hunt for a better IWB holster than I already have. I've ...

Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77650
Not Just Another Holster Thread

The reason for starting yet another holster thread is that I am on the hunt for a better IWB holster than I already have. I've always used leather w/metal clip and a good gun belt. I have a Down Under now and am somewhat pleased with it. Didn't make that mythical 100% yet!

Ideally this thread will discuss the "Different Styles" of IWB holsters for the XDS or it's equivalent in size and weight. Holster makers need not necessarily be discussed since there are already many threads on that. I would like to hear about the pros and cons of your experiences with the different styles. Things of interest may be the ease or not of getting them on and off, getting the snaps opened and closed, oriented snaps, non-oriented snaps, single loop, double loops, loop location, single metal clips, double metal clips, hybrid or any other combinations you can think of. Keep in mind those of use who have a waist and some do not ( like me ).
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51694
I really appreciate the quality, size, weight and thinness on my PJHolster. It's like you're concealing just the gun with a clip on it... I first purchased a Harwell holster (crossbreed type) and have not used it since I got my PJ. Here's a few pics....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
WillP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 7846
Has anyone found a paddle holster that will hold the XDs with a CT laser?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76829
I like the hybrid style holsters for my XDs. To me it's the best of both worlds.
Not Just Another Holster Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358115310.386751.jpg
m3mh0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83103
The style of IWB holster I like is no clip - Remora in particular. It stays in place by friction. You can put it at any depth, cant, or position you want (I carry 12 to 1:30). You don't need an expensive gun belt. On and off is instantaneous. Easy to adjust on the fly. After spending a small fortune on three dozen holsters over the years, I use the Remora.
CarlXds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlXds View Post
The style of IWB holster I like is no clip - Remora in particular. It stays in place by friction. You can put it at any depth, cant, or position you want (I carry 12 to 1:30). You don't need an expensive gun belt. On and off is instantaneous. Easy to adjust on the fly. After spending a small fortune on three dozen holsters over the years, I use the Remora.
+1

The Remora is great I just got one for my XDs but I've carried my Glock 30sf in one for some time and it is very comfortable and secure.
jhc37013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85815
Quote:
Originally Posted by boater1217 View Post
Has anyone found a paddle holster that will hold the XDs with a CT laser?

I ordered one from Crossbreed 2 days ago, they have them.
KyXDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81744
Quote:
i have a remora for my p3at and my LC9 and really like them. i carried my xds in my LC9 remora and it just didnt work out well the xds seemed to heavy it shifted a lot i mean it worked but not as well as the other lighter guns above. also i really didn't like having to re-holster it was difficult with the xds, i could re-holster just fine with the other two guns. i since ordered a hi bred from a company and it suits me fine, however i hate the metal clips the keep snagging on furniture and chairs.... i have another hi bred from a different manufacture with kydex clips and they work just fine... i may switch them out or just buy a set of kydex clips for this new holster.
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83103
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeds View Post
i have a remora for my p3at and my LC9 and really like them. i carried my xds in my LC9 remora and it just didnt work out well the xds seemed to heavy it shifted a lot i mean it worked but not as well as the other lighter guns above. ....
I carry my Glock models 33, 32, and 30 - all much heavier than an XDS - in Remoras and don't have a shifting problem - is your belt too loose? I also carry in front, so that may make the difference.
CarlXds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81744
Quote:
I carry my Glock models 33, 32, and 30 - all much heavier than an XDS - in Remoras and don't have a shifting problem - is your belt too loose? I also carry in front, so that may make the difference.
i think it is the front carry that makes a difference i carry about 3:30-4.... dont get me wrong i sure aint knocking remora.... we have a show dealer that actually gave me 3 to take home and see which worked out better he said i could bring the ones i didnt want back at the next show....
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
dual iwb leather retention holster with two metal clips for springfield xds 9mm

garrett iwb any good for xds

glock 30 remora holster

harwell clip-n-go vs pj
holsters pj or remora
iwb belt clip holster xds snap
kydex combination xds holster iwb

pj holster

pj holster for glock

pj holsters xds

shield+iwb+kydex holster

sr22 holster

sr22 iwb holster
sr9c kydex owb

which size belt clip is good for pj holster

xds harwellholster

Click on a term to search for related topics.