• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Not Just Another Holster Thread

This is a discussion on Not Just Another Holster Thread within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'm glad this thread was started....I've been lurking for awhile looking for good holsters. I want to go IWB and am the type of person ...

Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84283
I'm glad this thread was started....I've been lurking for awhile looking for good holsters. I want to go IWB and am the type of person that really needs to have or touch something to get a good understanding of what features I need to be looking for. This will hopefully uncover all of those things without having to buy 10 different holsters!

From what I have read the crossbreed style (with two clips) seems most secure and easiest to draw from. The other types with one clip or no clips (such as remoras) seem to be very insecure and would move around a lot.

Which type of holster is the most concealable and would print the least?
benjiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 81882
For what it is worth I am a fan of the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC IWB.

I lost all my weapons in a boating accident on Lake Erie last summer. Very tragic.
DJM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 68168
I have the Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC, and so far I love it. It conceals well, with just a tee shirt on, you can't tell that I'm carrying. It is very comfortable, a little bit a pain in the butt to put on, but I'm getting used to it. I like that it is modular, and tension is adjustable as well.
jhaddon84015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86181
I have the N82 Pro on order. The biggest reason I didn't order the PJHolster is that it doesn't cover the grip. The grip on the gun is what eats me up the most when carrying at 3-4ish IWB. I haven't gotten it yet, but I was just notified that it shipped. Posting pictures when I get it.
Ruger LCP
Colt Commander 1911 .45ACP
pattont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #15
XDTalk Member

Member #: 80520
I ordered an Alabama holster IWB holster and mag carrier with the tuck able hook. waiting on them and my slide to come in hopefully this week.

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84902
I've been using a white hat iwb holster for my lcp and I really like it. I was able to order replacement kydex for $20 for the xds. The kydex comes in today, still waiting on my background check to process before i get the xds. I'll post pics when its in.
thepro8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #17
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 49858
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlXds View Post
The style of IWB holster I like is no clip - Remora in particular. It stays in place by friction. You can put it at any depth, cant, or position you want (I carry 12 to 1:30). You don't need an expensive gun belt. On and off is instantaneous. Easy to adjust on the fly. After spending a small fortune on three dozen holsters over the years, I use the Remora.
Nicely said. I have a Remora for everything I have. Can't say that about the others. I also tried their OWB/IWB combo solution. Got 3 of those now.

"So...they say you have a monster? A curse upon this land?? I am ripper, tearer, slasher, gouger. I am the teeth in the darkness, the challenge in the night. Mine is strength, and lust and power. I am Beowulf!"- Anglo-Saxon Nowell Codex

μολὼν λαβέ
N.E. Tx.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #18
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 84023
I'm in love with my Garrett industries silent thunder iwb. I opted for the less comfy version (they have one that has soft pig skin that covers the rear but it was too much $$ for me at the time). It a combination of kydex with the inside of the holster being leather, so you get a very quick, silent draw, that has a rigid structure and a good leather that is quiet and doesn't mess your finish up (if you care about that, most don't). It's still extremely comfortable and fully adjustable in regards to cant and tension.
Not Just Another Holster Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358868522.058568.jpg
Not Just Another Holster Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358868542.157449.jpg
Not Just Another Holster Thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358868578.458909.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a King can.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IDPA: A57349
Partinrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #19
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83753
I use a desantis pocket tuk and love it! granted I know it says pocket but its the same as a soft tuk just has a wing shaped paddle to break up the outline if you do pocket carry. I use it for iwb at about 3:30 the extra paddle seems to keep it more stable and I also like the tuckable feature if I want to tuck my shirt in. for 19.95 I cant complain one bit! As for a previous post about the grip rubbing your skin I wear a tank top ie "wife beater" tucked in my pants under the gun/holster and that cures the problem but as for anything else its all in what you like

sorry cant post pics yet but google desantis pocket tuk xds
Fruckner is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
dual iwb leather retention holster with two metal clips for springfield xds 9mm

garrett iwb any good for xds

glock 30 and remora

glock 30 remora holster

holsters pj or remora
iwb belt clip holster xds snap
kydex combination xds holster iwb
lc9 harwell holster

pj holster

pj holster for glock

pj holsters xds

shield+iwb+kydex holster

sr22 holster

sr22 iwb holster

which size belt clip is good for pj holster

xds harwellholster

Click on a term to search for related topics.