• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

This is a discussion on Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I've followed all the recent threads about various brands of IWB and OWB holsters. I'm primarily concerned with concealed carry wearing normal clothes. I really ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #1
TLC
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84081
Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

I've followed all the recent threads about various brands of IWB and OWB holsters. I'm primarily concerned with concealed carry wearing normal clothes. I really don't want to buy bigger pants ( or count on losing weight--lol)so I'm wondering if anyone has tried carrying the xds in a belly holster or ankle holster? If so, which brands and were there any drawbacks other than being slower to draw?
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 81882
As far as belly holsters go, I don't want my pistol pointing at my little friend, ever.

I lost all my weapons in a boating accident on Lake Erie last summer. Very tragic.
DJM_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 84748
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM_22 View Post
As far as belly holsters go, I don't want my pistol pointing at my little friend, ever.
I Would second that!
Enjoi829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #4
XDTalk 85K Member

Member #: 14053
Carrying the XDS in an ankle holster would be like taping a brick to your leg. I would carry it strong side on a belt.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 78156
Ankle holsters are useless ... Put on a pair of high socks and then place your pistol in it. Put on your pants and then see how long it takes and how awkward it is to draw your pistol from your ankle.

I bought a small universal holster from Tagua Gun Leather to CC my Ruger SR9c, which is much bigger then the XDs, and I didn't have to get bigger pants or lose weight. Just open the belt one notch and it fits perfect.
http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/i...st-holster-p27

9/11/01 - Never Forget
MikeyLikesCarbonFiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
TLC
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84081
I wondered whether it is too bulky to use an ankle holster in terms of whether it would feel secure and the bulk under the pant leg. I felt like it would be too much but most holster company websites have an ad that shows a semi-auto ankle holster for guns as large or larger than the xds.

With regard to the belly holster, I wouldn't plan on carrying it at 12 or even 1 (no pointing at the family jewels--it's impolite!) but more likely somewhere between 2-3 and using a cross draw technique. It could also be worn in the small of the back with just the tip of the barrell tucked in the pants. Having never had a "belly band" I wonder if they are too hot or if they tend to roll up when you sit down? Anyone out there with experience or are these things sold but not really used much?

I understand that having to untuck a shirt or loosen a button or two slows down the draw but my state (FL) doesn't allow open carry and in my line of work I have to wear my shirt tucked in so that limits my options if I'm going to carry on a regular basis. I'm open to any suggestions to make it work. I've thought about a pocket holster but would probably have to drop back to a .380 or 9mm to make that work. I tucked the xds in my pocket w/o a holster and its just too much bulk to be practical in dress slacks.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73935
OK - whats the paranoia about carrying deep conceal in a foraward position with a XDS?

How could you possibly engage both the grip and trigger safety's with it in the holster?

If you did it drawing your weapon..ain't gonna matter much what position its in and you should get what you deserve for pulling the weapon with your finger on the trigger.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

XDM 5.25 45ACP Comp Series (the Cadillac)
XDS 3.3 45ACP (the Corvette, and EDC)
DPMS AP4 Carbine (the Protector)
(you know the one progressives poop their pants over)
,'';=====-
!
Rambos_Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 84165
google MIC holster if you want to carry at 12...
lfe136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoi829 View Post
I Would second that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM_22 View Post
i would say keep your hands off it unless you are going to use it! *LOL*
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81744
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLikesCarbonFiber View Post
Ankle holsters are useless ... Put on a pair of high socks and then place your pistol in it. Put on your pants and then see how long it takes and how awkward it is to draw your pistol from your ankle.

I bought a small universal holster from Tagua Gun Leather to CC my Ruger SR9c, which is much bigger then the XDs, and I didn't have to get bigger pants or lose weight. Just open the belt one notch and it fits perfect.
</title> <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1"> <meta property="og:image" content="http://www.taguagunleather.com/new/img/tagua.png"/> <title>TAGUA GUNLEATHER
+1
yes i believe i would want my pistol accessible... even with my IWB it isnt accessible enough why would i want it on my ankle?
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

ankle holster, belly band, holster

Search tags for this page
ankle holster for xds
ankle holster for xds 45
ankle holster springfield xds
ankle holster xds
belly band cc for xds
belly band concealment holster for springfield xds
belly band springfield xds
best ankle holster for xds
best ankle holster for xds 45
best ankle holster springfield xds
galco ankle holster xds

springfield xds ankle holster

xds 45 ankle holster
xds ankle carry

xds ankle holster

xds belly band
Click on a term to search for related topics.