• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

This is a discussion on Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I've also been looking at the 3 speed, smart carry and now the remora. Trying to choose....

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #21
TLC
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84081
I've also been looking at the 3 speed, smart carry and now the remora. Trying to choose.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #22
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 37566
I have a galco belly band that I have carried my XDs in for quick trips to the gas station. It's one of those good enough for a quick trip under basketball shorts. But I wouldn't want to carry in it all day
therealtwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #23
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Well, I ankle carry the XDS and Bodyguard all the time. No problem with deployment.

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
XDTalk Member

Member #: 51206
The 3 Speed looks pretty nice, Their website even offers Military, LEO and Security discounts.
Ocsabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 34236
I ankle carry my Walther PPS and XD sc according to the clothing I am wearing and don't have a problem with deploying them. As with anything you have to practice.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 82379
I carry IWB at 11 o'clock. I do however use a MIC because I don't want to shoot my d*ck (hey that's their advertising slogan).

Works fine with tucked in shirt too and I'm not a large guy.
ScottDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
zee
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 74813
I carry in an ""Active Pro Gear" belly band under my left arm...Stays snug to my body,carry same way in summer,and it's very comfortable to me...
zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #28
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 54576
[quote=MikeyLikesCarbonFiber;3724153]Ankle holsters are useless ... Put on a pair of high socks and then place your pistol in it. Put on your pants and then see how long it takes and how awkward it is to draw your pistol from your ankle.

I bought a small universal holster from Tagua Gun Leather to CC my Ruger SR9c, which is much bigger then the XDs, and I didn't have to get bigger pants or lose weight. Just open the belt one notch and it fits perfect.

Mikey might be right with some ankle holsters but not all of them. If you try a Galco Ankle Glove, you would be pleasantly surprised. I purchased one last year for a Ruger SP-101 which weighs more than my fully loaded XDS and sometimes forget that I am wearing it. Regarding the ease of drawing from a standing possition, the waist band holsters are clearly the fastest and easiest to reach. However, when seated in a chair or when driving your car, the ankle holster is much faster and easier for most people. I don't know if Galco makes the Ankle Glove for the XDS yet, but when they do, I will own one. The Galco Ankle Glove is quite commonly used by LEOs.
Sod Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 85619
carry

gander mtn. has some T-shirt carries. The thunderware weed mentioned sounds good. I have a MIC for all pistols. I like carring xds in small of back too. Just mix it up and figure it out.
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #30
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 82171
Thumbs up The Smart Carry is safe and undetectable.

For dressing up for church carry I originally bought a Smart Carry for my 1911, but found I could also use it with my SW-99 and my XDs by simply changing the shape of the holster section with big safety pins. Before you laugh, the pins have never come loose and no one has ever detected my pistols. My "guys" are never in danger because the holster is on top of them so the POA is over them, safeties are engaged, and I never have my finger on the trigger until I am on target.

If you're not comfortable with safety pins, the Smart Carry is offered in several sizes.

No, this isn't me....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

ankle holster, belly band, holster

Search tags for this page
ankle holster for xds
ankle holster for xds 45
ankle holster springfield xds
ankle holster xds
belly band cc for xds
belly band springfield xds
best ankle holster for xds
best ankle holster for xds 45
best ankle holster springfield xds
galco ankle holster xds

springfield xds ankle holster

xds 45 ankle holster
xds ankle carry

xds ankle holster

xds belly band
xds holsters concealed carry ankle
Click on a term to search for related topics.