• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

This is a discussion on Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I don't have any paranoia about carrying at 12/forward position. I jokingly responded to a comment about it posted by DJM22. My real issue is ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Belly holster or ankle holster for the xds?

Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
TLC
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84081
I don't have any paranoia about carrying at 12/forward position. I jokingly responded to a comment about it posted by DJM22. My real issue is that I have to keep my shirt tucked into dress slacks at work. Any holster that requires any part of the gun to be exposed won't work. And I'm in FL where it gets to 100 degrees with 95% humidity--jackets aren't an option for much of the year. That's why I'm asking about these other options--for use when I can't leave my shirt untucked or wear a jacket.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #12
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 81744
google smart-carry or thunderwear.... a good alternative...
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85776
I'm having the same problem here in South Texas, what do you all wear when you have to wear khakis and a nice tucked in shirt. I have a normal build, not fat, stand at 5'9 around 170lbs.
dlcarr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79610
I have a belly band and I use it with the my xds and its very good u can put it anywhere strong side,cross draw,forward,back,deep with pant line over gun,or up under ur arm like a shoulder holster the only down side is it. Wears out the more u use it so if u get 1 u Sud get 2 bands but Otha then that its 1 of the best slimmest holsters u can get IMO
Xdsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85776
Belly Band, I think I'm going to order one!
dlcarr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73935
Right now and for the forseeable future my fatness really precludes me from wearing pants and a heavy belt comfortably.

I went with a 3 Speed Holster

IWB I just wear over my skivvies so not directly against my skin.
OWB no issues.

I'm really happy with the holster so far, infinitely adjustable..front back side, deep conceal, iwb, owb and built for my Gun and Girth

With the XDS its literally so flat it conceals very well even if I use it in the side position.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

XDM 5.25 45ACP Comp Series (the Cadillac)
XDS 3.3 45ACP (the Corvette, and EDC)
DPMS AP4 Carbine (the Protector)
(you know the one progressives poop their pants over)
,'';=====-
!
Rambos_Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84921
I use a smartcarry with my XDs and better with the CM9. It goes over my tucked shirt and under my belt buckle. Not pointed at, but sharing space with said friend. I tried belly, IWB, ankle, etc., and this is the most comfortable I found. All day driving, walking comfortable. I put the shirtail over the strap in back, and no one has ever caught on to it. My jeans are a little loose but not much. I needed just as loose to do IWB. With my belt out one notch, I can get to it quick, sitting or standing. I can carry a spare mag with it. I am not built for IWB and the ankle is not handy. This works summer heat, or winter.
dwg13013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80022

Once upon a time when I had to wear corporate attire, including tie, I carried my Ruger P95 in a belly band, but up high across my chest. The pistol rode under my arm much like a shoulder rig.
Did not like carrying a belly band low, not secure enough for me.

And yes, if you leave the comfort of a well air conditioned room it gets warm in a hurry.

If i had to return to that type of carry scenario I would go with a quality shoulder rig that let's you carry a decent size pistol without the compression that a belly band employs. It does mean owning the proper clothes, but is the best for all day, every day carry.

Tried the thunderwear and it did not work for me. Builds up a lot of heat, not comfortable while sitting and while doing presentations, looked like I was either God's gift to women or doing some false advertising.

I can wear shirt out now, so an OWB slider on a quality belt is my preference for EDC. If the social scenario requires a tucked shirt then I go with either a belly band up high or downsize my pistol choice and use a pocket holster.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #19
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 57514
Have a look at Remora holsters. I have 2, and they are very comfortable.
also
They are on sale right now.

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
Josey Wales

"ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
coach482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #20
TLC
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84081
What brand of belly band have you been using?
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

ankle holster, belly band, holster

Search tags for this page
ankle holster for xds
ankle holster for xds 45
ankle holster springfield xds
ankle holster xds
belly band springfield xds
best ankle holster for xds
best ankle holster for xds 45
best ankle holster springfield xds

springfield xds ankle holster

xds 45 ankle holster
xds ankle carry

xds ankle holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.