• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS with crown damage from factory?

This is a discussion on XDS with crown damage from factory? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by cmfarmer53 it might be no (no offense) i know when i first got my glock, i was shooting all over the target ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » XDS with crown damage from factory?

Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #21
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 80807
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfarmer53 View Post
it might be no (no offense) i know when i first got my glock, i was shooting all over the target and thought it was me, and i could shoot my m&p 9c with 1 inch groups at 15 yards..i kept practicing and practicing and finally could shoot my glock the same as my m&p 9c....just keep training with it, its a small 45 gun...if it makes you feel any better and you think its the gun, take it to your local gunshop and have them look at it.

This is what was happen to me also but I went back to the ranges today and I did a lot better but still a little to the left. I ask the guy at the counter and he said that it was my trigger finger so I got to work on that a little more. I started off shooting bulleye but on the after the second box of ammo it was getting a little off but just a little.
1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #22
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83478
I'm just freaked out, I have been looking at YouTube video on "XDS problems" and found many people complaining about all types of problems but at the same time share the same problems with this gun. They all noticed the metal wear on the recoil spring (not fading but metal ware) along with the jams and many other common problems. I don't think I can trust this gun with my life and I may never trust it. Everybody here should get on YouTube and search on the "xds problems" and watch all the demonstrations on video of the gun's major defects it is really scary. Look at them and tell me if you think that we can trust our lives with this gun.
JJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #23
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

The metal on the recoil spring actually has gouges and metal wear. I compared it to my older guns and none of them don't come even close to the wear. I've had some of these guns over 15 years. Look at the videos on YouTube by looking up "xds problems" a guy shows his. I just bought mine and fired it for two different range sessions is all.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #24
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Well, I took the gun to shoot today and I'm happy to say I didn't have one jam. I guess I can semi-apologize to Springfield. The reason I said "semi" because they could have been honest with me and I would have been really happy with the repair and would have thought better of them for having quality support. The gun was right on and it was really nice to feel I didn't lose any money by buying a defective gun, I do feel like I could trust carrying it for protection. I am still going to put more rounds thru it to be positive but I think it will break in fine. Thank you all for your knowledge and support. Also, I forgot to mention that the recoil spring looks the same after 200 rounds or so and that makes me happy that maybe everything might work out fine.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 82643
sounds like to me you're freaking out for no reason. Springfield Armory has no reason to lie to you. I think you just been watching too many YouTube videos. it's kind of like hyperventilating.

Sent from my DROIDX
M590 20" BBL GR Sights 8+1 12 ga
United States Navy Veteran
Kodiakco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #26
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Maybe, lol
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 PM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83524
Just shoot the pistol and enjoy it and stop watching YouTube.

Sent from my fingertips...
Vnuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:47 PM   #28
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Yeah I agree I guess I'll judge for myself and not let others decide for me. Thanks a lot all
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #29
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vnuk1 View Post
Just shoot the pistol and enjoy it and stop watching YouTube.
^^ This ^^

If you search the Internet on any topic, you can find problems. Just shoot the darn thing and quit looking for problems.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #30
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Lol that is very true

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

accuracy, crown damage, shooting issues, xds 45acp, xds problems

Search tags for this page
ar15 crown damage
barrel crown
damage to rifling near crown
damaged crown on taurus pistol

do reloads damage springfield xds

glock signs of bad crown
limp wristing xds
new remington crown damage
no visible crown on my ar15 barrel
sig saur pistol riffling crowns
springfield xds 45 rifling depth
xd bad crown
xd damaged pistol
xds 45 case damage
xds damaged rifling
Click on a term to search for related topics.