• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS with crown damage from factory?

This is a discussion on XDS with crown damage from factory? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; It's definitely you. You sent it in. SA was getting good groups with it. and said there was nothing wrong. Try having someone else shoot ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » XDS with crown damage from factory?

Old 12-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #11
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
It's definitely you. You sent it in. SA was getting good groups with it. and said there was nothing wrong.

Try having someone else shoot it.

Also try putting more finger on the trigger. Like to the first knuckle. And grip harder with your support hand.

Lots of people have the lefts and low lefts on XD pistols.

I did and thats how I corrected it. With both the grip and more finger on the trigger.

Just the other day. My brother was shooting right with hid Bersa. And he thought it was the gun.

I shot it and it was dead on. So I told him put less finger on the trigger after watching him shoot it. It centered him back up.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 AM   #12
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83478
I should be getting the gun hopefully today or tomorrow, also this is my first time using forums how do you go about post pictures? It just asks for a link to somewhere that the picture is located, is there a special website that holds the pics for you?
JJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80996
Put a laser on it, you will find the problem. That's what I did to confirm it was me. I traded a USP40 that I had no trouble shooting. The XDs? I was low and left by 4"!!!
Derek79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80996
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJM View Post
I should be getting the gun hopefully today or tomorrow, also this is my first time using forums how do you go about post pictures? It just asks for a link to somewhere that the picture is located, is there a special website that holds the pics for you?
I use photobucket.
Derek79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #15
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

Well, I got my gun back. When I talked to them on the phone they claimed that there was nothing wrong with the gun, neither on the barrel nor the shooting. I examined the barrel and there was no sign of the grind on the barrel crown it was perfect. I guess the person that called me lied or didn't know that the barrel had been fixed, I don't know if they reamed or the barrel or just replaced it, but It appeared that they shot the heck out of it because the barrel was really dirty for only 5 shots fired from it. They sent a target with a really nice and tight group from 7 yards. In either case I'm happy and I guess that's all that matters. Sorry there is no picture to post of the original damage, originally I had shown my wife the barrel before I sent it off and she thought the damage was really noticeably visible and when she saw the barrel when I got back she said it looked new like it never had any damage to it. I find this all strange but like I said I'm happy with the outcome and thank you all for your input and shooting help. This weekend I'm going to take it to the range, I'll post the outcome for you all.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #16
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Sounds like either way they took good care if you.

Shoot it and report back.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #17
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

I hope I dont have anymore problems but I have been looking at youtube and found that people are having lots of issues with the XDS. Here is one or many videos. w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzyxyc2vymY]Springfield XDS Problems - YouTube My recoil spring is doing the same thing as this guys, I took my gun to the range only 2 times and the springs all marked up like the guy"s in this video. Tell me what you think.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #18
JJM
XDTalk Newbie

I don't know if any of you have looked at any of the youtube video of people that are having problems with their MDs, a lot of people are having wear on the recoil spring on the back part that touches the barrel. After taking my gun to the range twice before I sent in the gun I noticed when I got my gun back from springfield that there is considerable wear on the back of my spring as well. How are the springs on your XDs? I wanted to post a link to the video but I don't have enough posts on this forum and it won't allow to post a link. I'll try to post the link again on a different post.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJM View Post
I don't know if any of you have looked at any of the youtube video of people that are having problems with their MDs, a lot of people are having wear on the recoil spring on the back part that touches the barrel. After taking my gun to the range twice before I sent in the gun I noticed when I got my gun back from springfield that there is considerable wear on the back of my spring as well. How are the springs on your XDs? I wanted to post a link to the video but I don't have enough posts on this forum and it won't allow to post a link. I'll try to post the link again on a different post.
What do you mean by wear?

Is it just the finish coming off?

They are treated for rust prevention. . They really don't have a finish per say.

So the more you shoot it, it will show signs of wear it rubs against the barrel.

It doesn't effect spring tension.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
XDTalk Member

Member #: 83123
Well at least they replaced the barrel lol have fun shooting it and let us know

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Sig Sauer p229-.40
Smith and Wesson M&P 9c- 9mm
Rossi 357 Mag (g/f gun)
Remington 870 12g
Bushmaster AR-15(POS)

Currently Building
AR15 10.5" barrel MIL Spec(waiting on tax stamp approval)
Smith and Wesson M&P 15 lower w/ DPMS Lower kit
Magpul outfiting
cmfarmer53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

accuracy, crown damage, shooting issues, xds 45acp, xds problems

Search tags for this page
ar15 crown damage
barrel crown
damage to rifling near crown
damaged crown on taurus pistol

do reloads damage springfield xds

glock signs of bad crown
limp wristing xds
new remington crown damage
no visible crown on my ar15 barrel
sig saur pistol riffling crowns
springfield xds 45 rifling depth
xd bad crown
xd damaged pistol
xds 45 case damage
xds damaged rifling
Click on a term to search for related topics.