• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

First time buying outside a gun shop - *************

This is a discussion on First time buying outside a gun shop - ************* within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by spooky_pitboss I've had my listing at my local car club, on *************, and a few other places with ZERO interest in trading ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » First time buying outside a gun shop - *************

Old 11-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 68101
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky_pitboss View Post
I've had my listing at my local car club, on *************, and a few other places with ZERO interest in trading equal for my 4.5". The local shops, after all is said and done, trading in my less than 20 rounds fired and purchased earlier this year XDM, I would need to cough up around $220. Which I completely understand that local shops need to make money too. I figured $100 is fair for the same gun, with about the same very light usage.

Unless someone on here is in the same boat as me and would like to trade? Feel free to PM me.
I would do staight up trade gun for gun you each cover your own shipping costs
Rangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-15-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 81582
Ok, so FFL, to him (FFL).

So far earlier today, the first 4-5 FFL's I "found" locally on FFL gun dealers either have an out of service phone number, or no one picks up the phone. One guy said he charges $41 including the $12 WI BG check.

Is that kinda high? Keep calling around?
spooky_pitboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky_pitboss View Post
Ok, so FFL, to him (FFL).

So far earlier today, the first 4-5 FFL's I "found" locally on FFL gun dealers either have an out of service phone number, or no one picks up the phone. One guy said he charges $41 including the $12 WI BG check.

Is that kinda high? Keep calling around?
seems a little high, but that may be the going rate up there..My FFl is $20 flat.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangel View Post
I would do staight up trade gun for gun you each cover your own shipping costs
I know, but I have had no luck for a solid month now looking for people who will trade straight up, or for less that $100.

I'm hoping to talk him down, if this is all legit and his FFL checks out, to $100 including shipping and FFL on his end.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #15
XDTalk 500 Member

GLWT.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76317
XDMs of any size are selling like hotcakes right now. I don't know where you're going and looking but

1. have you put an ad in the Classified on this site?

2. have you tried a straight up sale on GunBroker?

Be sure you're shipping to the address on the license and be sure he ships to your ffl. If it were me I'd arrange with your FFL to receive his gun and then ship yours to him. He can confirm with your FFL that your gun is there and ready to ship on arrival of his gun.

Just a thought.

I've made quite a few online deals and ffl charges have run from $30.00 to $78.00

Have you contacted Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore about a trade in?
Old 11-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 80032
My ffl is $5...and im in chicago....surprises me too...but I try hard to be his top customer...

"ya know the favorite saying around here "play stupid games win stupid prizes"? once someone does something, they have a whole lot of personal responsibility they need to eat. sometimes its lead flavored with a thin copper shell."
So.Chi.Gunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogan191 View Post
XDMs of any size are selling like hotcakes right now. I don't know where you're going and looking but

1. have you put an ad in the Classified on this site?

2. have you tried a straight up sale on GunBroker?

Be sure you're shipping to the address on the license and be sure he ships to your ffl. If it were me I'd arrange with your FFL to receive his gun and then ship yours to him. He can confirm with your FFL that your gun is there and ready to ship on arrival of his gun.

Just a thought.

I've made quite a few online deals and ffl charges have run from $30.00 to $78.00

Have you contacted Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore about a trade in?
I can't post on here yet, since i'm new and have to wait 30 days I believe.

I'll try on gunbroker.com in a bit, have to verify my account yet.

I'll email Sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore as well, but I can't imagine they would trade me a new gun, for my like new, but used gun for under $100.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
XDTalk Member

Member #: 81912
I normally dont like doing trades like these myself. When I do I place the ad and if somebody replies I will not ship my item until I have already recieved theres.

It's no different in my eyes if somebody is paying with cash, a MO, or a pistol....I want payment before I'm going to ship to some random guy on the internet. He replied to your post, if he does not agree to those terms then he can find a pistol elsewhere.
Keroro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroro View Post
I normally dont like doing trades like these myself. When I do I place the ad and if somebody replies I will not ship my item until I have already recieved theres.

It's no different in my eyes if somebody is paying with cash, a MO, or a pistol....I want payment before I'm going to ship to some random guy on the internet. He replied to your post, if he does not agree to those terms then he can find a pistol elsewhere.
I completely understand that from both perspectives.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

3.8, 3.8", 4.5", 9mm, armslist

Search tags for this page
buying a firearm in texas non ffl
ffl gun dealers.net
first time buying a pistol
first time buying gun ffl
is it better to sell a gun through an ffl transfer
need to sell guns
non ffl 9mm gun dealers

pistol less than $100

xd talk guns sold in texas
Click on a term to search for related topics.