• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Pocket carry the XDs?

This is a discussion on Pocket carry the XDs? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Here are some of my pocket holsters for the XDS. I make both a front and back pocket holster. Back Pocket has a removable panel ...

Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #11
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 75800
Here are some of my pocket holsters for the XDS. I make both a front and back pocket holster. Back Pocket has a removable panel so that the holster can be used front pocket with out the panel if desired. I also have a link to a YouTube video showing my back pocket and how it is built and functions.

I also agree with Houseboat. It takes a larger pocket to pocket carry the XDS. I can and have done it with baggy cargo shorts or pants in the front pock. I have never tried it back pocket, because lots of back pockets are just not big (tall) enough. My cheap jeans from Sam's Club will not work, as the pocket is too tight. I have had several customers tell me they have pockets big enough to back pocket carry, more power to them! I might point out that with cooler weather the front or back pocket can work well in a coat pocket. My preferred method is IWB.

Horse hide (natural--not dyed) with chocolate alligator accent/push off

Cowhide back pocket.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #12
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74140
I pocket carry mine in a Desantis Nemisis with no problems. Cargos and pleated front pants work equally well.
ares338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79583
Quote:
Originally Posted by lws380 View Post
Here are some of my pocket holsters for the XDS. I make both a front and back pocket holster. Back Pocket has a removable panel so that the holster can be used front pocket with out the panel if desired. I also have a link to a YouTube video showing my back pocket and how it is built and functions.

I also agree with Houseboat. It takes a larger pocket to pocket carry the XDS. I can and have done it with baggy cargo shorts or pants in the front pock. I have never tried it back pocket, because lots of back pockets are just not big (tall) enough. My cheap jeans from Sam's Club will not work, as the pocket is too tight. I have had several customers tell me they have pockets big enough to back pocket carry, more power to them! I might point out that with cooler weather the front or back pocket can work well in a coat pocket. My preferred method is IWB.

Bear Creek Holsters--Wallet holster - YouTube

Horse hide (natural--not dyed) with chocolate alligator accent/push off

Cowhide back pocket.
Those are beautiful!!!!
LawDawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80864
Those Bear Creek holsters are good-lookin'. What is the approximate wait time after placing an order?

Pocket carrying mine right now in a cheap Blackhawk size 4 pocket holster. Can carry it fine in cargo shorts and in any jeans that I wear for motorsickle riding - guess those particular jeans stretch and loosen good enough where they need to, because they're definitely not baggy but not tight, either. I'll definitely be looking at those Bear Creeks.
HDGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #15
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 75800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGlide View Post
Those Bear Creek holsters are good-lookin'. What is the approximate wait time after placing an order?

Pocket carrying mine right now in a cheap Blackhawk size 4 pocket holster. Can carry it fine in cargo shorts and in any jeans that I wear for motorsickle riding - guess those particular jeans stretch and loosen good enough where they need to, because they're definitely not baggy but not tight, either. I'll definitely be looking at those Bear Creeks.
Thanks. My wait time is running about 4 weeks at this point.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 673
I pocket carry with an Uncle Mike's #4. Cheap and works well for me. I am not a small person so some of my dress pants and my Duluth Trading jeans have large pockets and will conceal all of the XDs. I just have to wear suspenders with some pants to help carry the extra weight.
gerald13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:56 AM   #17
flc
XDTalk Member

Member #: 76226
My Alabama pocket holster and mag holder got here after I sold my Xds. New in the bag. email if interested.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #18
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 77969
I think that despite it's small size, it is still too big to carry in my pocket. Tried a few holsters and getting it out of my pocket, regardless the size, is just too cumbersome. Just my 2 cents
nocigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #19
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67772
I carry my XDs daily on my pocket all the time. I use a Desantis holster in khakis. I agree that pleats hide the gun better. As long as the pocket is deep enough, you'll be fine. The XDs is barely longer than a Beretta Nano or Kahr CM9.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
bbalak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #20
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 81251
Carhartt pants and back pocket works fine for me.
Rustykfd is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
pocket carry xds
pocket holster xds 9
springfield xds 45 pocket carry
springfield xds pocket carry
xds 45 for pocket carry

xds 45 pocket carry

xds 9 for pocket carry
xds 9 pocket carry
xds 9mm pocket carry
xds for pocket carry

xds pocket carry

xds pocket holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.