• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Got my XDS today!

This is a discussion on Got my XDS today! within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have put 200 rounds through mine without any problems and she is ready for another 200 tomorrow. The gun is getting better with every ...

Old 10-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #31
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74816
I have put 200 rounds through mine without any problems and she is ready for another 200 tomorrow. The gun is getting better with every shot down range. I am going to try the smaller back strap for an enhanced grip. How has the smaller back strap worked out for others?
SA XDs .45
SafetyManCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #32
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 27443
Will never give up my XD-too reliable.
sja2446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:39 PM   #33
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyManCSP View Post
I have put 200 rounds through mine without any problems and she is ready for another 200 tomorrow. The gun is getting better with every shot down range. I am going to try the smaller back strap for an enhanced grip. How has the smaller back strap worked out for others?
you well probably like the smaller/flatter backstrap. it worked well in distributing the recoil for me Ron
Old 10-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigthrust View Post
Congrats pinoyxdm and M1A Shooter . I freakin' love my XDS. I am so happy to have finally found a true concealed carry gun that is comfortable, potent, great trigger and well made.
Add me to the list! Have never been so happy feeding a compact!!!
TXDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73517
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogbill View Post
I don't do facebook ...but thanks for the encouragement on the XDs! Have you shot any WWB or Remingtons from Walmart through it yet? One review recommended +P ammo!

Wwb, Remington, Federal, Herters, etc goes bang everytime with my xds. I am very happy with springfields firearm.
Kschif1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #36
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
you well probably like the smaller/flatter backstrap. it worked well in distributing the recoil for me Ron
Agree!
I swapped em' out and could not believe the difference. Funny, cause I have large hands.
Still have not figured that one out, but it works a lot better for me too.
I guess it's because the larger backstrap protrudes more at the bottom giving more room for recoil movement at the top of the frame.
Gives more of a "rocking" motion under recoil. The flatter backstrap is just that. Flatter! Sits more squared against my palm than the larger strap.

I still believe a lot of XDS shooters should at least try out the smaller strap just once. It's easy to think large hands = large backstrap. Not the case. At least with me.

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #37
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shot View Post
Agree!
I swapped em' out and could not believe the difference. Funny, cause I have large hands.
Still have not figured that one out, but it works a lot better for me too.
I guess it's because the larger backstrap protrudes more at the bottom giving more room for recoil movement at the top of the frame.
Gives more of a "rocking" motion under recoil. The flatter backstrap is just that. Flatter! Sits more squared against my palm than the larger strap.

I still believe a lot of XDS shooters should at least try out the smaller strap just once. It's easy to think large hands = large backstrap. Not the case. At least with me.
Sounds like the smaller back strap is the preferred way to go! I think I'll go that route to start with on my first outing! Thanks for the comparison tip.

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."
Barack Hussein Obama
photogbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #38
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13228
yea, I traded out for the smaller one too.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #39
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80829
Had a great time at the range today. I put 100 rounds of Fiocchi 230 grain FMJ, and 20 rounds each of Speer Gold Dot 230 grain, Hornady TAP 200 grain +p, and Winchester PDX1 230 grain down the tube without a hitch. As others have said, this is definitely not a full time range gun.....it beat me up pretty good. But I'll be damned if it ain't a blast to shoot.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #40
sly
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80222
Just took mine out for the 1st time. 170 flawless rounds of Remington and Winchester FMJ. Threw in a few Winchester JHP also.
sly is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

xds

Search tags for this page
sprimgfield xds tagua holster review

springfield armory xds backstrap

springfield armory xds review

springfield armory xds reviews

springfield firearms xds

springfield xds ammo reviews

springfield xds coupon

springfield xds coupons

springfield xds october

springfield xds review

springfield xds reviews

springfieldxdsreviews

tagua

walmart springfield xds
xds delivery dates

xds review

Click on a term to search for related topics.