• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Got my XDS today!

This is a discussion on Got my XDS today! within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Photo, I read all the stuff on here and was staying away from it. I took the leap of faith and I am SO glad ...

Old 10-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 13228
Photo, I read all the stuff on here and was staying away from it. I took the leap of faith and I am SO glad I did. I ran hollow points thru mine tonite, and ball ammo thru it earlier,.. not 1 hickup and all primer strikes was heavy. Just go on and shoot the heck out of it. BTW; There's a XDs group starting up on facebook too. Just found that tonite.
Remove Ads
Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #22
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33462
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shot View Post
What gives .....

Just shoot the gun......
IMHO
I think your advise is sound! Doing a little more research & it seems some absolutely love it after 1500 - 2000 rounds flawlessly ..which is what I would have expected with an SA XD handgun!

I'll be checking out the MilitaryArms (MAC.com) review that was linked on DefensiveCarry.com!

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."
Barack Hussein Obama
photogbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #23
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A Shooter View Post
Photo, I read all the stuff on here and was staying away from it. I took the leap of faith and I am SO glad I did. I ran hollow points thru mine tonite, and ball ammo thru it earlier,.. not 1 hickup and all primer strikes was heavy. Just go on and shoot the heck out of it. BTW; There's a XDs group starting up on facebook too. Just found that tonite.
I don't do facebook ...but thanks for the encouragement on the XDs! Have you shot any WWB or Remingtons from Walmart through it yet? One review recommended +P ammo!

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."
Barack Hussein Obama
Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #24
XDTalk 500 Member

The 100 230 ball I put thru it tonite was Win WWB. The 50 hollowpoints I did earlier was some crappy reloads I had laying around. The were 230gr Hornady XTP bullets. All functioned 100%. I will say the Win WWB was dirty stuff though...
Old 10-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogbill View Post
Have you shot any WWB or Remingtons from Walmart through it yet? One review recommended +P ammo!
Not to steal any thunder but,
all I shoot is Walmart WWB with some Speer gold dots for desert.

Photo, I was not trying to be a smart@$$.
Just one must take some of these reviews with a grain of salt. As with anything, some people will never be satisfied.
I have one of the first XDS sold back in June, and not one hiccup.

If you were to have a true "mechanical issue", SA will make it right one way or another!

Looking forward to your range report.

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.

Last edited by 3shot; 10-20-2012 at 08:10 AM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #26
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Just one must take some of these reviews with a grain of salt. As with anything, some people will never be satisfied.
Amen brother. But then again, I mean, anything man made can fail, don't get me wrong, so I'm not throwing the B.S. flag on nobody, I'm just sayin so far so good...
Old 10-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #27
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1A Shooter View Post
Amen brother. But then again, anything man made can fail, so I'm not throwing the B.S. flag on nobody, I'm just sayin so far so good...

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 80807
Quote:
Originally Posted by photogbill View Post
Please tell me I didn't make a hasty mistake! I just got done reading a couple of reviews about the XDs that have me concerned! Unlike my CM9 pre-purchase, I didn't do a lot of research on reviews of the XDs!

I mainly based my decision on another forum (NOT XD FORUM) member's stellar recommendation as well as a stellar review he sent me by Rod Latham ...and Springfield Armory's great XDM reputations!

Now I'm reading as many as 2 in 10 on this forum as unhappy! Lots of reports of "not going into full battery" issues. I wasn't familiar with that terminology didn't even know what it meant until I looked it up. I've never had that problem with any previous handguns!

Supposedly it's picky on ammo & has firing pin issues as well!

I haven't even bought any 45 ammo for mine yet & I'm thinking about returning mine where I bought it! I don't know if they will accept returns.

What gives?

Hi I'm the new guy but search for yourself and if you can go and shoot it. In all of my research on anything you get you will find out that everything is not for everybody so don't just take other word whether it's good or bad go and shoot it for yourself. One might like Ford and how they look and made and another might said Ford suck go and shoot it if you can.
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:

I have one of the first XDS sold back in July, and not one hiccup.

If you were to have a true "mechanical issue", SA will make it right one way or another!

I didn't take offense at your earlier reply! Thanks for the additional input!

It does look like some of the criticism is unfounded but like you suggested, SA will address any issues I end up having ....IF ANY!

I'm hoping I'll be one of the "completely satisfied" group!

Barack Hussein Obama
Old 10-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #30
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80829
Quote:

I have one of the first XDS sold back in July, and not one hiccup.

X2... I will let the gun speak for itself, so to speak...lol
In the mean time, I am content with fondling mine until I hit the range tomorrow.
00sdime00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

xds

Search tags for this page
sprimgfield xds tagua holster review

springfield armory xds backstrap

springfield armory xds review

springfield armory xds reviews

springfield firearms xds

springfield xds ammo reviews

springfield xds coupon

springfield xds coupons

springfield xds october

springfield xds review

springfield xds reviews

springfieldxdsreviews

tagua

walmart springfield xds
xds delivery dates

xds review

Click on a term to search for related topics.