• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDs detail strip?

This is a discussion on XDs detail strip? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Well I have searched the Youtube universe and I cant find any videos on detail stripping the XDs. Upon close examination of the XDs it ...

Old 10-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 80520
XDs detail strip?

Well I have searched the Youtube universe and I cant find any videos on detail stripping the XDs. Upon close examination of the XDs it seems different in many ways that the XD so I am hesitant to use a XD/XDm video as a guide.

Does anyone know of any detailed instructions available for the XDs? I would also like to know what tools, what size punches, etc that I need for the job.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78360
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp0319 View Post
Well I have searched the Youtube universe and I cant find any videos on detail stripping the XDs. Upon close examination of the XDs it seems different in many ways that the XD so I am hesitant to use a XD/XDm video as a guide.

Does anyone know of any detailed instructions available for the XDs? I would also like to know what tools, what size punches, etc that I need for the job.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JP

Its not a video but its detailed

Detail Disassembly — Tacti-Cool.com
StubbornOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
Someone will do a video on the XDs soon. Probably the powder river people.. Ron
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Member #: 80520
The tacti-cool step by step is good but the only problem is that it does not tell you what size punches you need for each type of pin. Does anyone know the punch sizes and types?

JP
jp0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
Official Site Vendor

Member #: 1513
Go buy a punch set from HD or Lowes and you get several that will work. The kit comes with 5 or 6 punches use the punch that is nearest the size of the pin. On one video I did I used a 1/16th sized punch for 99% of the complete disassembly. Use common sense to pick a punch that will fit in the hole of the frame so it does not damage the frame. Several sized punches will work so there is no one right answer as several punches will work.
ajamesp51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79933
I just used tacti-cool.com this past weekend to completely disassemble the frame and it was way more than helpful. Only way it could have worked better is a reassembly but do what I did and just follow the steps in reverse order

Springfield XDM .45
Springfield XDs-PRP trigger
Ruger Single Six

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
Jaxson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajamesp51 View Post
Go buy a punch set from HD or Lowes and you get several that will work. The kit comes with 5 or 6 punches use the punch that is nearest the size of the pin. On one video I did I used a 1/16th sized punch for 99% of the complete disassembly. Use common sense to pick a punch that will fit in the hole of the frame so it does not damage the frame. Several sized punches will work so there is no one right answer as several punches will work.
That's the deal.. You need punches if you're gonna work on pistols. For starters (non-professionals), just buy sets of cheaper punches and throw them away when they peen, bend or break. Ron
Old 10-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79816
I did a complete tear down on my XDs a few weeks ago to install the Powder River spring kit.

Reassembly is too difficult. Sticking points were the slide release spring and the small magazine block.

Anyone who has worked on a Glock should no trouble with disecting an XDs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

xds 45acp

Search tags for this page
armor strip xds
detail strip xds
detail stripping xds
how to disassemble springfield xd-s
punches to take apart xds
springfield xdm detail strip
springfield xds 45 detail strip
springfield xds detail strip
strip xds
stripping xds

xds

xds detail strip

xds detail strip instructions
xds powder frame
xds punch size
Click on a term to search for related topics.