• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Most accurate ammo for XDs 45

This is a discussion on Most accurate ammo for XDs 45 within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Today I took my new XDs .45 out for a break-in run. Using Remington Jacketed HP from Walmart, I was hitting about 3 inches left ...

Old 10-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80532
Most accurate ammo for XDs 45

Today I took my new XDs .45 out for a break-in run. Using Remington Jacketed HP from Walmart, I was hitting about 3 inches left and down from the center at 12 yards. Groups were good, but off target. What kind of ammo have you guys been having luck with, accuracy wise? I need some ideas for which ones to try, since I know all guns shoot different.
slimdunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Low left suggests you're not familiar with the trigger yet. A lot of shooters with the XD have the same problem, and I was no exception. IMHO, I don't think it's a problem with the ammo or the pistol. It's a wonderful excuse to go shooting more.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

That could very well be, as it is very different from other XD triggers. I'll pick up another box today and give it a try.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #4
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 44190
Just keep at it, you'll get there. My mistake when shooting the XD was trying to do so like it was my 1911, issued M9 or any other pistol I had practiced heavily with. I found that I needed a bit more trigger finger on the trigger to get my groups where I wanted them. Threw me off for a good while. Sorry that I don't have any solid info for your original topic regarding the most accurate ammo. I've found even federal ball in .45 from Walmart was plenty consistent for practice at typical self-defense ranges.

Good luck!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

I appreciate the input
Old 10-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #6
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77953
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Jon View Post
Just keep at it, you'll get there. My mistake when shooting the XD was trying to do so like it was my 1911, issued M9 or any other pistol I had practiced heavily with. I found that I needed a bit more trigger finger on the trigger to get my groups where I wanted them. Threw me off for a good while. Sorry that I don't have any solid info for your original topic regarding the most accurate ammo. I've found even federal ball in .45 from Walmart was plenty consistent for practice at typical self-defense ranges.

Good luck!
Agreed with GT Jon. Installing the PRP spring kit helped lighten trigger pull and that helped with my accuracy as I stopped jerking my finger and could retain using the pad of my finger on the trigger. This chart (for right handed shooters) might be of help.
Attached Thumbnails
Most accurate ammo for XDs 45-righ-handed-shot-placement-guide.png  
rtk92648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #7
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
I've been shooting Speer 185gr. jacketed flat nose and it's pretty accurate in the Xds. Frderal Hydra-Shok 165gr. shoots very well.. Next trip I'll try 185gr. Remington Golden Saber and Federal HST.. Ron
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk92648 View Post
Agreed with GT Jon. Installing the PRP spring kit helped lighten trigger pull and that helped with my accuracy as I stopped jerking my finger and could retain using the pad of my finger on the trigger. This chart (for right handed shooters) might be of help.
Were you able to find a video for the spring kit retrofit? Ron
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #9
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 75787
I found that pushing my trigger finger a bit further in to the first knuckle put me right on center with the XDS.
It is not a target trigger and requires a bit more pull.

NRA Life Member
KentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71939
Prp spring kit is the best 15 bucks you can spend on the XDs. SLIGHTLY lighter pull , which makes a much better overall trigger .

M&P Shield 9mm , Truglo TFO Night Sights , Apex Hard Sear , Safety Delete , First GK Nano Series Black Chrome Slide Finish in the World.

Latest Build : PSA M4 16" CMV CL 1/7 Upper , Spikes ST-15 Spider Lower ) , PSA LPK , Daniel Defense BCG , Spikes CH.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
ammo for xds 45
best ammo for .45 xd
best ammo for xds .45

best ammo for xds 45

best ammo xds .45
how accurate is the xds 45
rounds for xds .45
shells xds 45
what 45 ammo does the xds45 like
xds 45
xds 45 accuracy

xds 45 ammo

xds 45 best ammo
xds 45 is the best
xds accuracy
Click on a term to search for related topics.