• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

For those who are hesitant about considering an XDS: Read.

This is a discussion on For those who are hesitant about considering an XDS: Read. within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by CPES Oh I'm sure several people will come along and pick this apart - that's perfectly ok. People stand on soapboxes for ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » For those who are hesitant about considering an XDS: Read.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79492
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPES View Post
Oh I'm sure several people will come along and pick this apart - that's perfectly ok. People stand on soapboxes for a variety of reasons, who am I to tell them they can't do it when I just did it myself?

Haters gonna hate.
The only thing I disagree about is the grip. It doesn't matter (at least not in my XD-S) whether you limp wrist it or death grip it, its gonna function fine. It worked fine when I death grip it, which I only did because of the grip safety that I hate. I also limp wristed it with my off hand and it still cycled properly. My wife who is not experienced at all shot it with no problems as well.
eraursls1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78799
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
The only thing I disagree about is the grip. It doesn't matter (at least not in my XD-S) whether you limp wrist it or death grip it, its gonna function fine. It worked fine when I death grip it, which I only did because of the grip safety that I hate. I also limp wristed it with my off hand and it still cycled properly. My wife who is not experienced at all shot it with no problems as well.
I also have had my wife and my brothers girlfriend shoot it and she is a tiny thing and it worked great

Tim
Hanging is the game.
The_Gun_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14312
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
That might be your experience, and that's great - but I still think that advocating proper fundamentals and a solid grip is probably the better way to go when talking up the gun.

Some people's definition of limp wristing is another person's definition of a solid grip. I'm a former LE red shirt - I've seen some SERIOUS limp wristing in my day.

Sig Sauer Traditional TacOps 1911
S&W M&P45
Springfield XD-S 45
Several AR-15s
More knives than I can count
The Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56604
Great post. A must read.
stvan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 80120
It is a tool, the more you use it the better you will get with it. Take care of your tools and they will perform as suited. I have never had a problem with my xds

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
CarlWinslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:24 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 73379
Well said. I had made similar comments in the SIGTALK forum about the P938. The problem with these forums is that they act like an echo chamber, so "a problem" becomes a a HUGH PROBLEM.

From the time I fired the XDs rental up to and including the 500th round through the one I bought, I found that as longs as I do my part, the XDs does its.
DMN948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 77726
Excellent post IMO!!! I love my XDS so much it's the only gun I own that I want to shoot more and more. Also pretty sure I will be getting an all black one to go with my bi-tone. Like shoes I need to have the same thing in multiple colors
cperalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72556
Both my daughters who are a little higher than the Novice level hate the XDS, it functioned fine for both but in their words, "its not comfortable to hold, it kicks to much and the grips hurt my hands" and thats fine by me, they went back to the Ruger P95 9 mill. and the 45 1911 and had fun with them. Your post was a very well written thanks a lot for putting it on the forum, i couldn`t have written it better my self, great job.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 70996
Great post and I completly agree. I have put 300+ rounds with out any problems
Jeedia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79933
By far the best post on this forum couldn't agree more

Springfield XDM .45
Springfield XDs-PRP trigger
Ruger Single Six

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
Jaxson17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
brian enos xds
does springfield trp have micro stamping?
holsters for xds 9
holsters release date for springfield xds 9mm

springfield xds 9mm release date

tagua
tagua holster xds
tagua shield iwb holster prices
tagua xds
tagua xds holster
xds 45 stopping power

xds 9mm

xds 9mm brian enos
xds 9mm ftf
xds 9mm release date 2013
xds talk
Click on a term to search for related topics.