• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDs Trigger

This is a discussion on XDs Trigger within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I would like to find a trigger spring kit with a lower trigger pull for my xds .45. any ideas or a good place to ...

Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79933
XDs Trigger

I would like to find a trigger spring kit with a lower trigger pull for my xds .45. any ideas or a good place to get them?

Springfield XDM .45
Springfield XDs-PRP trigger
Ruger Single Six

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
Jaxson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 60881
Powder River Precision has the only one so far I am aware of for the XDs. It is on the website at $14.95
patrickxdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71939
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickxdm View Post
Powder River Precision has the only one so far I am aware of for the XDs. It is on the website at $14.95
+1

I have the PRP kit installed and love it. Keeps the trigger smooth as stock , with around a 4lb pull.

I am much more accurate with it , and highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

M&P Shield 9mm , Truglo TFO Night Sights , Apex Hard Sear , Safety Delete , First GK Nano Series Black Chrome Slide Finish in the World.

Latest Build : PSA M4 16" CMV CL 1/7 Upper , Spikes ST-15 Spider Lower ) , PSA LPK , Daniel Defense BCG , Spikes CH.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
XDTalk Member

Alright thanks guys

Springfield XDM .45
Ruger Single Six

"You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 14312
My LGS owner installed a PRP kit in his personally owned XDS, and let me play with it a little. I did like the way it felt, but I'm not allowed to install aftermarket goodies in a weapon that will be used in an official capacity, so I'm SOL on that front.

So, since I'm a wrench turner by nature, I pulled the gun apart and did a polish job on all of the factory trigger components, the side of the trigger mechanism housing that the trigger bar rides on, and the bottom lug on the striker that contacts the sear. I didn't use sandpaper or a dremel, and I didn't re-profile anything. I used Flitz polish, paper towels, q-tips and elbow grease.

The end result is certainly not like the PRP kit would be, but it is quite noticeable. The trigger is MUCH smoother now, and breaks very clean. The vague, almost DAO-like trigger break has now been replaced with a very clean takeup and crisp break, to the point that I can easily "stage" the trigger right up until the break and get a nice clean sight picture before the final press. I'd need a trigger pull gauge to check, but it feels a touch lighter too...but that might just be the cleaner break making it feel that way.

Like I said, it's not a PRP kit - but for an "all-factory" trigger, a good polish job makes a world of difference. Maybe I should do a video or something...

Sig Sauer Traditional TacOps 1911
S&W M&P45
Springfield XD-S 45
Several AR-15s
More knives than I can count
The Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
XDTalk Member

Okay and I saw something on here that was talking about if you ever had to use a weapon in self defense that if its moded such as aftermarket springs you could face a harsh punishment even if it was justified to use deadly force. Any truth to this? Like is it a bad idea to mod the trigger?

Springfield XDM .45
Ruger Single Six

Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74140
I like the trigger on my XDS right out of the box. I don't want a lighter trigger pull on anything I stuff down my pants...lol. It's a great pistol whatever the trigger pull.
ares338 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson17 View Post
Okay and I saw something on here that was talking about if you ever had to use a weapon in self defense that if its moded such as aftermarket springs you could face a harsh punishment even if it was justified to use deadly force. Any truth to this? Like is it a bad idea to mod the trigger?
No.

The PRP spring kit will not land you in prison if you have to defend yourself.

It's a gun forum "hype myth" , don't pay it any attention. And if you ever use DF , call the police and don't talk to them (despite modded gun or not)

M&P Shield 9mm , Truglo TFO Night Sights , Apex Hard Sear , Safety Delete , First GK Nano Series Black Chrome Slide Finish in the World.

Latest Build : PSA M4 16" CMV CL 1/7 Upper , Spikes ST-15 Spider Lower ) , PSA LPK , Daniel Defense BCG , Spikes CH.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #9
XDTalk Member

Thanks for all the insight I just ordered the prp spring kit can't wait to try it out. Great price too paid $18 w/ s&h

Springfield XDM .45
Ruger Single Six

Old 11-28-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 82618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman555 View Post
No.

The PRP spring kit will not land you in prison if you have to defend yourself.

It's a gun forum "hype myth" , don't pay it any attention. And if you ever use DF , call the police and don't talk to them (despite modded gun or not)

I would like to know your thoughts on this... I am a volunteer for a local PD (I am no a police officer but have gone through a 7 week Police Academy) and i have heard some things both directions.

IMO if something happened i would call the police right away and i wouldn't say anything ONLY because i dont want to say the wrong thing and talk it out with my ATY. But I know in Texas say if there is someone breaking into my house at night and i drop his ass with 3 rounds center mass. I wouldn't even go to jail over it. I know because it has happened many times here in the Houston Metro area. But i know some things are different then others..

Also im ordering the PRP Ultimate Match Target Trigger Kit XD & Extended Grip Safety Kit (for my XD40) and the PRP XDS Trigger Spring Kit for my XDs-45 tonight. Thanks for the info about these..
jonathan3206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

.45 acp, springfield xds, trigger kit, trigger modification

Search tags for this page
springfield xds 45 trigger
springfield xds 45 trigger job
springfield xds 45 trigger pull

springfield xds trigger job

springfield xds trigger kits

springfield xds trigger pull

springfield xds trigger upgrade
trigger for xds
xds 45 trigger job
xds 45 trigger kit

xds 45 trigger pull

xds trigger

xds trigger job

xds trigger polish

xds trigger pull

Click on a term to search for related topics.