• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Narrowed it to two holsters for XDS

This is a discussion on Narrowed it to two holsters for XDS within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I have narrowed it down to two holster choices for my XDs. I have never carried before, waiting on my permit in the mail. Both ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Narrowed it to two holsters for XDS

Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40941
Narrowed it to two holsters for XDS

I have narrowed it down to two holster choices for my XDs. I have never carried before, waiting on my permit in the mail.

Both of these around around $40 shipped.

I have heard great things about the N82 holster (original) here on XDtalk

SPRINGFIELD

I have also been looking at this one

IWB Kydex/Leather Hybrid Holster Springfield Armory XDs | eBay

Both would be about $40. If I like whichever one I get, I will probably order one for my XD9 service later on.

Like I said I have never carried before, but it looks like the N82 tactical one might be more comfy because the pad covers the whole grip so the grip won't rub against my side.
Motodeficient is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #2
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79420
I personally love my Uncle Mikes size 12, IWB holster.
lovecheese45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 77726
I have the N82 but I have the Professional version and the thing is amazingly comfortable. I have never carried before and after the first day of wearing it I find myself forgetting it's there all the time!!! I also didn't have to wait any crazy amount of time to get it, ordered it on a Monday and I had it Friday!!
cperalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Thanks. I am leaning towards the N82 because I read so many good opinions of it here.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #5
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78818
I like the "buy once, cry once" theory when it comes to holsters. Either Crossbreed Supertuck or Comptac IWB holsters for me, both work great.
retroLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

I understand those are great holsters. I'm not trying to cheap out here (although obviously I don't want to spend more than I have to), but if many people are extremely happy with this $40 holster, why is it necessary to spend $80+ on one?

I'm not directing this towards you, but in general I think sometimes people get upset when they realized they paid more than they needed to for a product that works just as well as a lower priced product.

People who buy Surefire products come to mind here.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #7
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78297
I am actually using my MDJ IWB Holster right now and I absolutely love it. Quality is comparable to a Comp-Tac Spartan or a Crossbreed. Haven't had any issue out if it and it's very comfortable. N-82 looks nice, I am just not a fan of the extra retention, YMMV.
KimJongIllest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #8
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78549
Quote:
Originally Posted by retroLS1 View Post
I like the "buy once, cry once" theory when it comes to holsters. Either Crossbreed Supertuck or Comptac IWB holsters for me, both work great.

I have to agree that the Crossbreed Supertuck or the Comptac IWB holsters are my holsters of choice.
gaeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78979
The n82 Holster looks pretty nice can anyone tell if the material behind the gun slows down draw? Also I wonder how hard the retention is with the holster

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Fate0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 26476
Check out Whitehat Holsters as well!

If your on a budget, Whitehat offers their "BaseMax" series for $39.50 in cowhide and only ten bucks more for horshide.
If you want a holster you can replace the kydex for different guns and like having the choice of custom kydex prints, laser engraving and other options then go with the "MaxTuck". Either way you'll be extremely happy! Also you can try it for two weeks for free and all their holsters carry a lifetime warranty.

BaseMax IWB Holster - Cowhide or Horsehide leather backings

MaxTuck IWB Holster - Cowhide or Horsehide leather backings
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington
nascaraddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
best holster for springfield xds

best holster for xds

best holster xds
best holsters for xds
best kydex holster for xds
best springfield xds holster
best xds holster
best xds holsters

holster for xds

holsters for xds
n82 xds
n82 xds holster
springfield xds holster
springfield xds holsters

xds holster

xds holsters

Click on a term to search for related topics.