• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Trigger stuck?

This is a discussion on Trigger stuck? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hi all, complete novice here. I purchased my XDS approximately 2 months ago and have put roughly 1,000 +/- rounds through it without a single ...

Old 09-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76741
Question Trigger stuck?

Hi all, complete novice here.

I purchased my XDS approximately 2 months ago and have put roughly 1,000 +/- rounds through it without a single problem.

Last week however, I was at the range, I loaded a full magazine racked back the slide and when I went to pull the trigger no matter how hard I pulled it wouldn't budge. Try as I might I couldn’t get the gun to fire. I pressed the mag release button, looked the mag over, made sure everything was ok, and tried re loading, re racking and same problem. Pull but no boom. I tried a 3rd time and it finally shot. I continued my range session without further problems.

Today I went back to the range and had the same problem. I tried removing the magazine but I had a little trouble because there was a round almost on top of the round in front of it. I finally removed the remaining bullets disassembled the gun, re assembled it, and it shot normally again. I clean and lube my gun after every session at the range so I don't know what could have happened.

My concern now is obvious as this was going to be my primary concealed carry weapon.

Maybe the slide was not in "complete battery?" I keep my gun in a tight leather holster locked in my safe and maybe the slide got stuck back a little? Maybe I didn't fully grip the gun so as to completely depress the safety?

Sorry for the long post but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Scrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39133
Was the trigger set forward, and just stuck? Or was it still pulled to the rear and not reset? I've seen the latter in some instances where the slide was not fully in battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
kf6tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:35 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf6tac View Post
Was the trigger set forward, and just stuck? Or was it still pulled to the rear and not reset? I've seen the latter in some instances where the slide was not fully in battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The trigger was fully forward from what I can tell. I pull back the slide, lock it, load a full mag, press the slide release and shoot. I just can't figure it out and of course now I'm not really comfortable carrying it until I know for sure.
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
XDTalk Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrego View Post
The trigger was fully forward from what I can tell. I pull back the slide, lock it, load a full mag, press the slide release and shoot. I just can't figure it out and of course now I'm not really comfortable carrying it until I know for sure.
Yes, now that I think about it, it had to be fully forward since the trigger was stuck solid. It wouldn't budge when I tried pulling it.
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 72556
Well thats a new one for me...i have heard of the triggers not reseting but not stuck in the fire postion, maybe grip saftey was not fully engaged ?
Old 09-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
XDTalk Newbie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvie1958 View Post
Well thats a new one for me...i have heard of the triggers not reseting but not stuck in the fire postion, maybe grip saftey was not fully engaged ?
That's what I'm thinking. That's what I'm hoping...
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 60476
Grip Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrego View Post
That's what I'm thinking. That's what I'm hoping...
My XD9sc did that..changed my grip of the pistol and had to make sure grip safety was engaged.
Shucks479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78242
Does anyone offer a grip safety with a "bump" on it like the 1911's? I'm just getting back into XD's after a long trial separation and this is one of the factors that concerns me with including it in the carry rotation.
Zlogonje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
XDTalk Newbie

Cool Failure to go into battery

While doing some quick researching (googling, youtubein', etc) I came across a malfunction known as "failure to go into battery" which seems to be the issue here given the scenarios I've seen online vs my own problem.

The slide doesn't fully align with the frame, i.e., the slide sits a little bit behind the frame--"failure to go into battery"--and that won't allow the gun to fire.

Maybe it happened because I keep my pistol in a tight leather holster all week long and maybe under tension it caused it to malfunction. Not sure but I'm going to let SA take a look it to confirm...
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Old 09-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78242
FWIW, storing your gun in a leather holster is not generally recommended.
Zlogonje is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

jam, jammed trigger, stuck trigger, trigger, trigger break

Search tags for this page
every time i pull back the slide of my xds 45 handgun it locks not coming back and allowing a to be loaded
fs zlogonje p238
springfield stuck trigger
springfield xds trigger problems

springfield xds trigger reset

springfield xds trigger stuck

trigger jammed
xds 45 trigger won`t reset
xds 9mm trigger doesnt reset after dryfire

xds trigger fails to reset

xds trigger is stuck back
xds trigger locked

xds trigger reset

xds trigger stuck

xds trigger stuck rear
Click on a term to search for related topics.