• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Trigger stuck?

This is a discussion on Trigger stuck? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; ^ Hey, I know you! Extended Grip Safety and/or Springer Precision Slide Racker for the XD-XDM ...but I don't know if they are compatible, at ...

Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 50499
^ Hey, I know you!

Extended Grip Safety

and/or

Springer Precision Slide Racker for the XD-XDM

...but I don't know if they are compatible, at all, with the XD-S.

Maybe worth checking with a call to one or both of those places.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrego View Post
Today I went back to the range and had the same problem. I tried removing the magazine but I had a little trouble because there was a round almost on top of the round in front of it. I finally removed the remaining bullets disassembled the gun, re assembled it, and it shot normally again.
^ Wait, you mean you had a double-feed?

If that's the case, then that is the diagnosis, right there.

I've actually self-induced double-feeds/stovepipes under-stress, if I mess up while getting the magazine out of the mag-pouch. The top-most round displaces forward a little - just enough so that it'll still insert without issues - but once it goes home, something weird happens and it either double-feeds or produces a stove-pipe.

Quote:
Maybe the slide was not in "complete battery?" I keep my gun in a tight leather holster locked in my safe and maybe the slide got stuck back a little?
A smart thing to do any time you perform an "administrative load" is to, upon completing a press-check, simply bump the rear of the slide to make sure that it seats fully into battery. This isn't something that you should do with every draw-stroke, rather, it is just a good value-added habit for admin loading, as well as is a part of the usual stoppage reduction routine.

Don't keep your gun in a leather holster, in the safe. Either switch to plastic/Kydex or store them without.

Quote:
Maybe I didn't fully grip the gun so as to completely depress the safety?
Possible, but unless you specifically tried to correct this step, first, it would be impossible to know, for sure.
TSiWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-22-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 78242
^^Oh Jeez, this guy is everywhere!

Thanks for keeping your post short and sweet A

Zlogonje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
XDTalk 1K Member

^ Hey, I do own 3 XDms, you know. What better place to keep track of issues, particularly as I'm likely to eventually own an XD-S, too!

BTW, Scrego, listen to Zlogonje about leather holsters. He knows what he's talking about, trust me.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76741
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlogonje View Post
FWIW, storing your gun in a leather holster is not generally recommended.
I can see why. Won't be doing that again...

SA XDS .45 ACP
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Scrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #15
XDTalk Newbie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiWRX View Post
^ Hey, I know you!

Extended Grip Safety

and/or

Springer Precision Slide Racker for the XD-XDM

...but I don't know if they are compatible, at all, with the XD-S.

Maybe worth checking with a call to one or both of those places.

-----

^ Wait, you mean you had a double-feed?

If that's the case, then that is the diagnosis, right there.

I've actually self-induced double-feeds/stovepipes under-stress, if I mess up while getting the magazine out of the mag-pouch. The top-most round displaces forward a little - just enough so that it'll still insert without issues - but once it goes home, something weird happens and it either double-feeds or produces a stove-pipe.

A smart thing to do any time you perform an "administrative load" is to, upon completing a press-check, simply bump the rear of the slide to make sure that it seats fully into battery. This isn't something that you should do with every draw-stroke, rather, it is just a good value-added habit for admin loading, as well as is a part of the usual stoppage reduction routine.

Don't keep your gun in a leather holster, in the safe. Either switch to plastic/Kydex or store them without.

Possible, but unless you specifically tried to correct this step, first, it would be impossible to know, for sure.
Thanks so much TSIWRX for the valuable info especially about storing my gun in a leather holster. I've emailed SA, and now I'm just gonna wait and see what they say. Again, thanks a bunch!

SA XDS .45 ACP
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W
Old 09-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
XDTalk 1K Member

^ No problem! Best of luck!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #17
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71939
Make sure your engaging the grip safety. I have huge hands and when I first got it I thought my trigger was stuck when dry firing , and I realized I was cupping the grip and not engaging the grip safety lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

M&P Shield 9mm , Truglo TFO Night Sights , Apex Hard Sear , Safety Delete , First GK Nano Series Black Chrome Slide Finish in the World.

Latest Build : PSA M4 16" CMV CL 1/7 Upper , Spikes ST-15 Spider Lower ) , PSA LPK , Daniel Defense BCG , Spikes CH.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #18
XDTalk Newbie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman555 View Post
Make sure your engaging the grip safety. I have huge hands and when I first got it I thought my trigger was stuck when dry firing , and I realized I was cupping the grip and not engaging the grip safety lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
That's what I assumed too, lol! I called SA yesterday and just to be safe the girl on the phone sent me an rma to send back the gun to check it. Hopefully it was just my inexperience...

SA XDS .45 ACP
Glock 26 Gen 4
S&W M&P Shield .40 S&W

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

jam, jammed trigger, stuck trigger, trigger, trigger break

Search tags for this page
every time i pull back the slide of my xds 45 handgun it locks not coming back and allowing a to be loaded
fs zlogonje p238
gen 4 locked trigger jam
springfield stuck trigger
springfield xds trigger problems

springfield xds trigger reset

springfield xds trigger stuck

trigger jammed
xds 45 trigger reset magazine
xds 9mm trigger doesnt reset after dryfire

xds trigger fails to reset

xds trigger is stuck back

xds trigger reset

xds trigger stuck

xds trigger stuck rear
Click on a term to search for related topics.