• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS - prone to jamming?

This is a discussion on XDS - prone to jamming? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Shot mine fresh out of the box after an initial standard field strip clean and lube. 110 Rounds of my own handloads 100 rd hornady ...

Old 10-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #41
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80276
Shot mine fresh out of the box after an initial standard field strip clean and lube.
110 Rounds of my own handloads 100 rd hornady 230gr fmj and 10 rds hp-xtp hollows. Only one fail to battery -and that was on a single round that I ran an experiment with. Hand fed that round into the chamber from a locked slide. It may not have seated fully because the pistol was dirty from the first 30-40 rounds. Failed to go into battery when I released the slide. Extracted the round, inserted the mag, loaded a round normally, withdrew the mag and inserted the single round, reinserted the mag, and emptied it normally with no further problems. After that mag, I field stripped, cleaned again and finished the session with no problems. Serial 5301xx
SturgeonGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #42
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 33778
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcenira View Post
I would send it back to SA... Something is wrong. I have out almost 500 Ed's through my 520xxx XDS with only one FTF and that was a reload that I probably over-seated the primer on. I also had 5 ejection problems, but again with reloads of Hornady 185 XTP seated to 1.220 rather than the normal 1.225. This little guy is picky about the entry angle of rounds being stripped from the mag. No problems with several different factory loads - all run flawlessly.
I too have some .45 handloads w/ 185 XTP's. The funny thing is those functioned fine. It was the 230 gr. ball ammo that it was jamming up on? (federal factory ammo) Serial number: XS5330xx

I'm hoping my next range trip out will be better. Will give an updated range report.
TRUST8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #43
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
I had several hundred Lawman 185gr rounds that my 1911's (commander slide) hated. I've almost used them all up with the Xds. The rest has been various carry ammo in the 165gr to 18gr range.. I'd rather shoot something around 165gr in a 3" barrel.. Ron
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #44
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80096
Can't handle this one like a lady, and like to keep mine oiled up. So far no issues and very pleased.
JDunlap68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #45
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post

I too have some .45 handloads w/ 185 XTP's. The funny thing is those functioned fine. It was the 230 gr. ball ammo that it was jamming up on? (federal factory ammo) Serial number: XS5330xx

I'm hoping my next range trip out will be better. Will give an updated range report.
I'm thinking the throat is pretty tight on this pistol... Just ran some Berry's 200 gr FP at OAL of 1.225 and they engaged the lands/groves enough to keep it just barely out of battery resulting in light strikes and FTF ( 5 out of 50 rds). The Berry design is different and a little tinkering is to be expected. At 1.220 the problem went away - am using 1.195 as OAL for this bullet with XDS now. Same rounds (1.225 OAL) ran like butter through the XD 45.
mcenira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #46
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76515
XDS Jamming

MY XDS should be called the jam-o-matic. A range toy at best at worst dangerous to the operator.

Out of the five times that I've had it out to at the range with well over a 1000 rounds different ammo and never the cheap stuff! It only did not jam during one trip. For all of you not having problems I am truly glad. However look at any other springfield XD model and you will never find this many posts on the same problem as you do on the XDS which is jamming after the 2/3rd round, light strike etc...

As for me and this XDS I am getting rid of this piece of junk asap! Huge disappointment Springfield, and I don't care how you spin it! Especially since I'll probably eat about $150 to $200 getting rid of it.

Last edited by Miseroboto; 10-21-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarification
Miseroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #47
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83512
XDs 45 brand new JAMS!

I recently purchased the XDs 45. This gun constantly jams on the 2 on 3 round. Also whenever you have a round in the chamber then take the magainze out and try to clear the gun the bullet constantly gets stuck in the gun. DO NOT buy this gun! Is anyone else having this problem?
clemtigers83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #48
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83368
I to have bought a new xds and haven't put but 50 rounds through mine so far . Seems fine as of now but time will tell . My question is , the guns not going into battery , is the slide free feeling with no ammo in the gun racking it by hand ?
8ptbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #49
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 83424
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDunlap68 View Post
Can't handle this one like a lady, and like to keep mine oiled up. So far no issues and very pleased.
people keep saying that, but according to springfield, it does not matter how you hold it. this is backed by another member on here in his experience.
kmaysob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #50
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 83064
It is hard to sort through all this, so many claim their XDs jams, then many others say theirs run fine. What to believe.

I will put in my 2cents. Mine (ser. # 558 eats everything including a 100rds of 200gr swc VERY light target loads. Not one issue. The sample I have is well made and reliable.

I understand how people feel when they buy a gun that doesn`t work. I shoot A LOT, and own a lot of 45s but won`t own one that isn`t 100%.
If you have one that isn`t right GIVE IT BACK TO SPRINGFIELD.
IF XDS has a problem in design it is up to them to get it right.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

jam, jammed, xds

Search tags for this page
how do i fix my springfield xds45 so it goes into battery and doesnt mis fire?

springfield xds 45 jamming

springfield xds 9mm jamming problems
springfield xds jam

springfield xds jamming

when pulling back the slide on my springfield xds the shell jams

xds 45 for sale

xds 45 jamming

xds 45 jamming problems
xds 9mm jamming
xds jam

xds jamming

xds jamming issue
xds misfeed
xds pistol jam
Click on a term to search for related topics.