• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS - prone to jamming?

This is a discussion on XDS - prone to jamming? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by cperalta I am not saying yours doesn't have problems and I also understand bad batches. I race R/C cars as my primary ...

Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 PM   #31
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 80149
Quote:
Originally Posted by cperalta View Post
I am not saying yours doesn't have problems and I also understand bad batches. I race R/C cars as my primary hobby and bad batches are quite common in many of the parts associated with an R/C car. The reason I don't think it's a "bad batch" is I have been following this thread for a while before joining myself and the people with problems don't seem to be all close in serial numbers, they are all over from 503's to 520's

Maybe the production is shared among 3 or 4 machines and one particular machine is the problem and all other guns that came off of machine 1, 2, or 3 are all fine. I also feel that if SA was really seeing a whole lot of these they would halt production for the time and take a deeper look into things. To me they seem like a pretty good company that will make things right if they are wrong.
I appreciate the acknowledgement at least. I'm going to try lubing the slide again and verifying my grip (again) before I resort to trying to send it back...just to be extra sure. I'm just not confident at this point. Regardless, I'll try to keep everyone posted on what happens.
CCME is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 33778
Cleaned and lubed mine. Went back to the range today. Had 3 light primer strikes. 1 fail to feed. 2 failures to return to battery out of 150 rounds. Not happy.

**edit** on a side note, Shot my 3" 1911 right next to it, which recoils like crazy and had absolutely no problem with the same ammo. I will say that I was able to shoot a nice 2" group with the XDS with the shoot-n-c set to the back of the range wall. 15-20 yards... so accuracy isn't a problem. I will give it one more outing before I send it back. I hate wasting ammo "breaking" in a gun.
TRUST8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 77726
Curious if you were the only one to shoot the gun?
cperalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #34
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 31787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cperalta View Post
I am not saying yours doesn't have problems and I also understand bad batches. I race R/C cars as my primary hobby and bad batches are quite common in many of the parts associated with an R/C car. The reason I don't think it's a "bad batch" is I have been following this thread for a while before joining myself and the people with problems don't seem to be all close in serial numbers, they are all over from 503's to 520's

Maybe the production is shared among 3 or 4 machines and one particular machine is the problem and all other guns that came off of machine 1, 2, or 3 are all fine. I also feel that if SA was really seeing a whole lot of these they would halt production for the time and take a deeper look into things. To me they seem like a pretty good company that will make things right if they are wrong.

Just to be clear, my post was not meant to bad mouth anyone or Springfield. I own four other Springfield XD and XDm's in 9mm,40 and 45 that I am very happy with and enjoy shooting. I am a very seasoned shooter and understand the mechanics involved and even took another look at myself to ensure I was not practicing bad habits or causing the problem I am experiencing. I feel that there IS a problem with a small batch of XDs's. If not, I can not rely on a XDs for my protection if it this tempermental to shoot. Like I said in my earlier post the gun has been back to Springfield once and returned without action. I have since taken it to the range and myself and two others have fired it with the same results, the second or third round fails to fire but the primer has been lightly struck (off center). The gun has been thouroughly cleaned and lubed. Someone in another thread suggested that the slide was not being properly released as indicated by the manual. That proceedure has been followed but as far as I can see would have only caused the problem with the first round.

I can assure all that even though I have been shooting for several decades, I do NOT know it all and welcome any suggestions. Bottom line is I really like this gun and would love to make it my everyday carry.
Cipar-BSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 77726
I really hope you get it worked out!!! Maybe it's worth it taking another trip to SA... Maybe they have figured something out between last time you had it in and now. They do seem to have a pretty darn good customer service department. Good luck man!!!
cperalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:22 PM   #36
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 71939
Are all of you guys loading the pistol with the slide locked back , and then released to strip a round ?

The gun was meant to be loaded this way ^^^ (states this in the manual) . If your hand racking the gun , load it per manual instructions and see if your still having issues. If you are contact SA.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 31787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkman555 View Post
Are all of you guys loading the pistol with the slide locked back , and then released to strip a round ?

The gun was meant to be loaded this way ^^^ (states this in the manual) . If your hand racking the gun , load it per manual instructions and see if your still having issues. If you are contact SA.

I always start with the slide locked to the rear, I insert the mag and use the slide release to release the slide and chamber the round. My problem is not with the first round but the second or third. No matter what method is used to chamber a round I do not know how it would cause the second or third round to light strike or fail to fire. The first round has never failed to fire, it is consistantly the second or third round.
Cipar-BSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #38
XDTalk Member

Member #: 79781
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipar-BSV View Post
I always start with the slide locked to the rear, I insert the mag and use the slide release to release the slide and chamber the round. My problem is not with the first round but the second or third. No matter what method is used to chamber a round I do not know how it would cause the second or third round to light strike or fail to fire. The first round has never failed to fire, it is consistantly the second or third round.
Ditto, round 2-4 always for me.
Digitalpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #39
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80215
Lots could be eliminated with a $20 digital caliper.. Ron

Also.. you must consider the change of geometry of the rounds relative to their position in the magazine..
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #40
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
Cleaned and lubed mine. Went back to the range today. Had 3 light primer strikes. 1 fail to feed. 2 failures to return to battery out of 150 rounds. Not happy.

**edit** on a side note, Shot my 3" 1911 right next to it, which recoils like crazy and had absolutely no problem with the same ammo. I will say that I was able to shoot a nice 2" group with the XDS with the shoot-n-c set to the back of the range wall. 15-20 yards... so accuracy isn't a problem. I will give it one more outing before I send it back. I hate wasting ammo "breaking" in a gun.
I would send it back to SA... Something is wrong. I have out almost 500 Ed's through my 520xxx XDS with only one FTF and that was a reload that I probably over-seated the primer on. I also had 5 ejection problems, but again with reloads of Hornady 185 XTP seated to 1.220 rather than the normal 1.225. This little guy is picky about the entry angle of rounds being stripped from the mag. No problems with several different factory loads - all run flawlessly.
mcenira is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

jam, jammed, xds

Search tags for this page
repair xds 45 jamming on first round
springfield xds 45 jaming

springfield xds 45 jamming

springfield xds jamming

xds .45 jams

xds 45 for sale

xds 45 jamming

xds 45 jamming problems
xds 45 jams
xds 9mm jamming
xds jam

xds jamming

Click on a term to search for related topics.