• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

If you've sent your XDS to Springfield for repair, post the diagnosis

This is a discussion on If you've sent your XDS to Springfield for repair, post the diagnosis within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by 3shot Hey Boxlunch! I'm copy/pasting your other post here to keep it all together: Boxlunch29 XDTalk Newbie Member #: 78422 Join Date: ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » If you've sent your XDS to Springfield for repair, post the diagnosis

Old 09-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #131
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 13964
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shot View Post
Hey Boxlunch! I'm copy/pasting your other post here to keep it all together:

Boxlunch29
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78422

Got my XDS back from SA.....
So i got my XDS back today (XDS 515xxx). They reported no problems and said the gun was lubed (flawless through first 200 rounds or so and experienced multiple failure to feeds with the next 100 rounds). And when i say lubed, i mean dripping wet. The outside of the barrel is soaked t where it seems like they dropped it in a bucket of oil...haha. Not sure what they used but it was all over the place to where i had to wipe the frame down.

Anyways from day one i have used MPro 7 to clean, Weaponshield to lube and Milcomm TW-25 to grease. I have always kept the gun lubed but i guess not their definition of lubed. We will see what happens.

I will say that SA customer service is top notch. Was able to get the gun sent in right away and even though they told me 3-6 weeks turn around time it only took 2 weeks. It was weird that i did not get a notification that the gun was sent back and i missed the fed ex delivery and had to pick it up but no big deal.

Anyways, i just wanted to give you guys an update.
What I have beenhearing from users and from springfield don't use grease.
I guns are built with close tolerances so grease does not work well.
Stick with a good oil.
When I got mine I stripped them down and lubed with froglube including taking the striker out and cleaning it and the striker channel which was dirty from the factory. They have both been flawless and I am now close to 1000 rds on each one I have two both start with a ser# xs513 both have a test date of july 2012.
These little guns were built pretty tight.

BTW don't forget the striker and striker channel I think that has been playing a big part in all the problems people have been having!
shooter50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #132
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75546
Im just one of many "sending it in stories" but heres an update. I was having failures to fire with the slide out of battery for the first 100 rounds or so. After that I was getting light strikes but with the slide closed. Just talked to springfield yesterday. They decided to replace my gun with a different one after testing. The tech on the phone wouldnt say why but indicated that there would be a service slip in the box telling me what was going on. The new firearm is said to arrive this coming wednesday.

Total turnaround time: 4 weeks

I'll either update my original post or hop back on here once I get the new gun and send a few hundred rounds down range. They added that they have tested the new gun to "make sure I was getting a working one," so I expect this one to work or I think I'll be trading in. Cross my fingers.
Marklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #133
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79235
HI! Guys!.... Brand new, I had a complete jam up with a live round in chamber after about 60 rounds...finally got the round out with the help of a smith...the grip safety didn't seem to be fully depressing. Once that popped in, the round fired.
Sent it back to SA and I got the standard, "No problems, tested extensively with three types of ammo" etc, etc.
The gun came back dirty and sloppy with lube. Kinda weird...a carry gun that has to be dripping with oil?
Anyway, fired another 200 through it with no incident except having trouble with 5+1, which I will post in a new topic.
JayWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #134
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 8276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayWilling View Post
HI! Guys!.... Brand new, I had a complete jam up with a live round in chamber after about 60 rounds...finally got the round out with the help of a smith...the grip safety didn't seem to be fully depressing. Once that popped in, the round fired.
Sent it back to SA and I got the standard, "No problems, tested extensively with three types of ammo" etc, etc.
The gun came back dirty and sloppy with lube. Kinda weird...a carry gun that has to be dripping with oil?
Anyway, fired another 200 through it with no incident except having trouble with 5+1, which I will post in a new topic.
The pistol jamming up with a live round in the chamber is likely due to the OAL (overall length) of the cartridge being too long for the XDS chamber. What happens is that the momentum of the slide jambs the bullet into the rifling just in front of the chamber, causing the slide to lock in place. What ammo were you using when this happened, was it a reload or SWC?
Btw, being told not to use grease and to instead slather the gun in oil is just a band-aid to other issues. I use only grease (tetra gun) on my XDS and it has run flawlessly for hundreds of rounds since Springfield polished the chamber. It's ridiculous to expect people to carry this pistol dripping wet with oil!
FullMetalJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #135
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 79235
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMetalJacket View Post
The pistol jamming up with a live round in the chamber is likely due to the OAL (overall length) of the cartridge being too long for the XDS chamber. What happens is that the momentum of the slide jambs the bullet into the rifling just in front of the chamber, causing the slide to lock in place. What ammo were you using when this happened, was it a reload or SWC?
Btw, being told not to use grease and to instead slather the gun in oil is just a band-aid to other issues. I use only grease (tetra gun) on my XDS and it has run flawlessly for hundreds of rounds since Springfield polished the chamber. It's ridiculous to expect people to carry this pistol dripping wet with oil!
Correct! SWC- actually LSWC (which I haven't tried since) What you say about length makes sense. Anyway, my experience with small 45's tells me they fire fine with light oil for about 20-50 rounds and then they have some problems. For SD purposes it probably would not need to be "dripping" but for a 100 round plus range trip it's probably a good idea.
JayWilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #136
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 21744
Sent mine for Round 2 with SA. I am at just over 700 rounds now, with about 20 total failures.
We have elected an American President who forgets to salute during the National Anthem, requests that Christian Crosses be covered during his visits to college campuses, and bows his head when in front of Arabic Royalty. We deserve what is coming.
FHBrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #137
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76896
Update mine will be back tomorrow

I called Springfield today to check on the status and the rep said they received it last Wed, were able to get the malfunction. They replaced the slide stop lever and tightened the slide stop spring tension. I should have it back tomorrow and will get to the range Friday. I'll post another update once I've tested it out. I am excited. I forgot to mention before that my husband and I bought ours the same day. He has never had an issue and I've never had an issue with his either, so I am hopeful since SA did experience the same issue I did and seem to have fixed it. Again my slide was locking back with rounds left in the magazine but no stove pipe. All I would do is hit the slide release and continue firing, until the next round it locked back on and then same thing, hit the slide release and repeat.
quill9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #138
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Quote:
Originally Posted by quill9mm View Post
I called Springfield today to check on the status and the rep said they received it last Wed, were able to get the malfunction. They replaced the slide stop lever and tightened the slide stop spring tension. I should have it back tomorrow and will get to the range Friday. I'll post another update once I've tested it out. I am excited. I forgot to mention before that my husband and I bought ours the same day. He has never had an issue and I've never had an issue with his either, so I am hopeful since SA did experience the same issue I did and seem to have fixed it. Again my slide was locking back with rounds left in the magazine but no stove pipe. All I would do is hit the slide release and continue firing, until the next round it locked back on and then same thing, hit the slide release and repeat.
Thanks for the update quill. Good to hear you had your husband's XDS to compare it to.

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #139
XDTalk Member

Member #: 69481
Well…. I received my XDS back from SA today. It was dripping with oil like others have reported. I have my own range so I took it out as is and ran through 2 mags with no problems. I then cleaned and lubed the gun as SA recommends, with the four drops of oils in the correct locations. I immediately started to have the same problems, on the 3rd through 5th round I got the 1/16” out of battery, once or twice per mag, which caused light strikes and no bang! I then lubed up the gun like it arrived from SA, dripping with oil, but still had the same problems! I received an email from SA letting me know the gun had arrived to my home so I replied that I was still have the same problems and I also asked what lube they are using. Not sure what the next step is….
Go99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:52 PM   #140
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 39133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go99 View Post
Well…. I received my XDS back from SA today. It was dripping with oil like others have reported. I have my own range so I took it out as is and ran through 2 mags with no problems. I then cleaned and lubed the gun as SA recommends, with the four drops of oils in the correct locations. I immediately started to have the same problems, on the 3rd through 5th round I got the 1/16” out of battery, once or twice per mag, which caused light strikes and no bang! I then lubed up the gun like it arrived from SA, dripping with oil, but still had the same problems! I received an email from SA letting me know the gun had arrived to my home so I replied that I was still have the same problems and I also asked what lube they are using. Not sure what the next step is….
Weird that you weren't able to replicate SA's results by over-lubing the gun. I wonder what magic lubricant they have...
kf6tac is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
how many sa xds have been found faulty
repaired xds
springfield armory repair status
springfield armory xds jamming
springfield armory xds manual
springfield armory xds problems
springfield xds feed ramp notched
springfield xds fix
springfield xds manual

springfield xds parts

springfield xds problems

springfield xds repair
xds fix
xds repair
xds repair status
Click on a term to search for related topics.