• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SA Has Given Feedback On XDS Issues

This is a discussion on SA Has Given Feedback On XDS Issues within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I called SA and spoke with one of their top techs hoping that they might have some insight since some people have sent theirs in. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » SA Has Given Feedback On XDS Issues

Old 07-06-2012, 10:08 AM   #1
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27606
SA Has Given Feedback On XDS Issues

I called SA and spoke with one of their top techs hoping that they might have some insight since some people have sent theirs in. Here is what I found out.

The off center strikes are due to the gun not going properly into battery. This is due to improper lube. SA has received 7 XDS's to date and has shipped thousands. None of the 7 have had off center strikes once properly lubed. SA put 150 rounds of various brands to test this in each pistol. There is a small chance that it could also be grip related. A limp wrist will cause battery issues.

Related to above. It WILL fire when not in full battery. There is a buffer there due to dirt and grime maybe causing a slight out of battery. It will never be "100%" in battery, so there has to be a hard line between not firing and firing. In this case it is just barely out, allowing it to still fire, but causing a high strike. The way I look at this is that people will never be happy. If it does fire micro meters out people think its a flaw. If it didn't people would be pissed about its reliability. Also people are getting so caught up in Potiential issues they don't stop to think that any gun would do the same thing.

Striker pin damage. From what they have seen, everything is normal. This includes the 7 sent in and the pics from these threads (which they have been monitoring). There has been one that has more of a "dent" than normal which was due to some one taking the striker lug inside the slide, fully retracting it, and letting it slam, several times. I speculated to this yesterday when someone posted a pic of there striker that was said to be "perfect". It still had a slight dent. when people say "Mine is damaged" or "Mine looks good" we have to consider that our definitions are different. What you call damage, someone else might call good. Bottom line is that every pin will have some sort of dent there. Due to the fact that it is a floating striker, that part does indeed rub and vibrate against the striker safety. The wear is almost immediate, but COMPLETELY NORMAL. It is no different than wear that piston rings create on a cylinder wall in a motor. It creates a tight bond. Every striker is molded without the dent so that it can break in perfectly against the safety. Again people are quick to jump on this wagon of pin issues. No one stopped to google search and see that Glock pins have the same wear.

Fail to Feed's are somewhat resolved already. It's is becoming known that the XDs requires a very powerful cycle.

Casings pinging against the slide creating marks. This is unavoidable. The casing if seen through a slow motion camera comes out spinning. An no matter the grip or control of recoil, they sometimes hit the slide.

Hopefully this will settle the concerns. There have been about 6 threads talking about the same thing. They have all blended together with some people even copy and pasting the same posts in multiple threads. People are calling for recalls, trolls are making up stories, and we are giving the XDs a bad name. We jumped the gun so to speak and started all these surveys and theories. Any wonder why the FTF Serial # still doesn't have a clear trend? The gun is fine.
XD-9ServiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
XDTalk 100 Member

Glock striker.....what is that dent??? Must be a design flaw, but wait, not on a Glock!

Note: I added the Yellow Circle. This was not on the original picture implying that it is a Glock issue.
Attached Thumbnails
SA Has Given Feedback On XDS Issues-capture.jpg  
Old 07-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 40341
At first I wanted this gun but now I dont
texasKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73486
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9ServiceB View Post
...The off center strikes are due to the gun not going properly into battery. This is due to improper lube.

...Striker pin damage. From what they have seen, everything is normal.

... Due to the fact that it is a floating striker, that part does indeed rub and vibrate against the striker safety. The wear is almost immediate, but COMPLETELY NORMAL.
In my opinion, an absolute bull sh-t answer from Springfield but thanks for reporting it. Oh! Everything is just fine and perfect! LOL

I will absolutely not buy the XDS. If I had purchased it, I would be rushing to sell it.

I am so alarmed by the answer about the striker wear being normal that I might not buy anything from Springfield going forward. Their answer doesn't begin to explain why some XDS' show wear and other do not after being fired at nearly the same round count.
Stratajema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasKA View Post
At first I wanted this gun but now I dont
That makes zero sense in relation to the information on this thread. Oh well, it's your loss. Go buy a Shield, hahahaha.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratajema View Post
In my opinion, an absolute bull sh-t answer from Springfield but thanks for reporting it. I won't be buying the XDS. If I had purchased it, I would be rushing to sell it.
How is it a BS answer? I give BS answers for a living and I also come from over a decade in the car world which lives in company BS. I know how to sniff them out.

We have been speculating that the strikes have to be due to battery. This is what is confirmed. When SA gets a xds in with reported 16+ FTF's in 200 rounds, then they lube it up and put 150 rounds through it with no problems, how else would you explain it? As a company that is the only explanation they can think of since they can not duplicate the issue. If they could why would they lie about it?

The striker is indeed normal. I would like for one person to show me a picture where they have no indentation there. That part of the striker WILL hit the safety. No one said it was molded that way, it is indeed hitting and wearing down some. But it isnt a concern. SA designed it so they will break in to a perfect fit. How is that a BS answer? If they designed it that way?

I even showed you the glocks pin. Google it for yourself if you don't believe it's normal with that style striker.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57321
I wonder if tha'ts why I haven't had any failure to fires, I clean after every shooting, and probably over lube it lol
BradXDM45c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74830
Yes, thanks for looking, but that is bullcrapp. My xds was just about dripping with lube from the factory. If that's the answer, I'm selling my xds.
Potatoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #9
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48684
"Oh my god I have to lube my firearm generously more than likely only during the break in period. Can't have that, I'm gonna sell it!" I'll take it buddy. Since its so ****** give it to me for $200. I'll even pay the shipping to take it off your hands as fast as possible.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
Yes, thanks for looking, but that is bullcrapp. My xds was just about dripping with lube from the factory. If that's the answer, I'm selling my xds.
Again. They didn't say that lube was the definitive reason. They just said that they put over 1000 rounds into the guns sent in reporting the issue and it was not duplicated. So they went to general troubleshooting, why would the user have this issue but we don't? Lube? Grip? They aren't completely sure. All they do know is that it's due to battery not being complete and that they can't duplicate the issue. I see no reason for them I lie about this. If it was an issue, they would want to fix it. This isn't a defective toy we are talking about. It's a deadly weapon. If there is a flaw or issue, they are obligated to disclose and fix.

Almost forgot to add that "dripping" in lube can be just as bad as dry when it comes to malfunctions. You have to find the middle ground.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
can the xds issue reoccur after the recall fix
glock firing pin damage
major problems springfield xds
springfield xd s recall fix
springfield xds battery issues
springfield xds extractor problems
springfield xds fix
springfield xds issues

springfield xds problems

springfield xds problems with firing
xds battery fix
xds battery problem
xds extractor fix
xds issues
xds recall feedback
Click on a term to search for related topics.