• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!

This is a discussion on XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!! within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Got my XDS two days ago , range today ... Had 8 of these double feeds , and 1 failure for slide to lock back. ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!

Old 07-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #41
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 71939
Got my XDS two days ago , range today ... Had 8 of these double feeds , and 1 failure for slide to lock back.

It's now in the mail being overnighted to SA.

XS503
Old 08-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #42
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 63337
Sorry, but methinks this whole Russian steel case ammo thing is bunk.
I've shot many thousands of rounds of Tulammo in the following pistols:
Smith M&P 9mm and M&P 45, Springfield XDm 40, Sig 226 40, Sig 2022 Pro 9mm, Ruger P95 9mm, Taurus PT1911 45, Glock 26 9mm, and some others. Never the first failure to eject, feed, etc., and no, it's really no dirtier than the Federal stuff I used to shoot. My chambers don't turn gooey or sooty, and accuracy is excellent if I do my part.
I did have 2 failures to fire in a box of Monarch steel 9mm (made in Serbia),
but I've had the same thing happen in a box of Federal ammo....the Tula has been exceptional. I think most of this is becoming internet "Urban Legend".
The Russkies can't build a decent car, but they sure as hell can make guns and ammo!

PS - my Russian 1951 Tula SKS eats it like candy, but that's to be expected...they're related!
tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #43
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
I agree, pure bunk. My XDS was failing to eject everything, not just Tula. It hasn't happened since being fixed. Hope the problem is gone for good.
Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #44
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75784
I've had my share of light strikes, but 50 rounds of Tula went right through mine! Nice to know the cheapest practice ammo functions. Now I need to try Federal HSTs. I hope they work as well!
tommyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #45
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 52656
tommyo:

That's all I'll run in my carry guns, and I'm happy to say it works great in the XDS.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Thunder71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #46
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78660
Quote:
Originally Posted by richeyo2 View Post
I've never had that problem w/my AR's running Tula.
That laquer caused my Glock 26 to malfunction a few years ago. It was the last time I allowed that crap to go in any of my guns. It was range ammo. They would only allow shooters to use their ammo and that was all they had. Thankfully a new range has since opened closer to my home. (St Lucie Shooting Center)
theotherjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #47
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75117
first, get rid of that crap ammo. Steel case really? Your not firing a loose tolerance AK here. You are firing a high tolerance presicion machine. if you can't afford to by good ammo than you shouldn't have purchased the big bad 45.

You need good ammo, excellent firecontrol, keeping it clean and lubed for this minicannon to function properly.

Are there issues with this gun? sure, but I have not read a forum yet that didn't find issues with any minicannon made.

Best way to test you gun to see if the issue is the gun, ammo or improper handling is to use a test firing rig that does everthing but reload the mag for you And be sure to use ammo from various manufactures. All brass case of course.

Or take it to a gunsmith to test as any gunsmith worth his or her salt will have a setup to test fire guns without having to actual hold them.

And don't use one of these damm stands that acts like a vise. The rig has to be able to allow the gun to recoil normally, just as if it were in your hand.

Now if you don't want to go through the expense of buying a real test rig or having a gunsmith look at the weapon, then use a bag or two of lead shot to stablize the weapon or an off the self shooters rest (Same thing but with cleaning material in it instead of lead shot). That way you can concentrate on keeping your arms and wrist locked and trigger control. Don't forget follow through on the trigger of the the cannon goes BANG!.
SirGunsALot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #48
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75117
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner View Post
I've shot many thousands of rounds of Tulammo in the following pistols:
Smith M&P 9mm and M&P 45, Springfield XDm 40, Sig 226 40, Sig 2022 Pro 9mm, Ruger P95 9mm, Taurus PT1911 45, Glock 26 9mm, and some others. Never the first failure to eject, feed, etc., and no, it's really no dirtier than the Federal stuff I used to shoot. My chambers don't turn gooey or sooty, and accuracy is excellent if I do my part.
I did have 2 failures to fire in a box of Monarch steel 9mm (made in Serbia),
but I've had the same thing happen in a box of Federal ammo....the Tula has been exceptional. I think most of this is becoming internet "Urban Legend".
The Russkies can't build a decent car, but they sure as hell can make guns and ammo!

PS - my Russian 1951 Tula SKS eats it like candy, but that's to be expected...they're related!
Looks like your firing the ammo from mid to large frame semi-autos. That would explain why you have had no issue with steel case ammo along with what also looks like good firecontrol with your weapons.

But don't fool yourself into thinking that this low cost ammo is good stuff, becuase it is not. It's as low quality as you can get and still get it to go bang. The Eastern Block nations are not in the habbit of making expensive ammo or guns for that matter.

The issue here more then anything is that large caliber small frame semi-autos always have issues. It's the nature of the beast. If you get one these minicannons and it works great, then stick with the ammo that works, be sure to keep it cleaned and lubed and it the gun should serve you well for a lifetime.

Take a look at the SIG 250.
It is still advertised on their website for the full, mid and mini frame in 9, 40 and 45. But you cannot find a Sig 250 Mini frame 45? why, they couldn't overcome engineering issue with it. THere are rumers that some were released, but I can find no evidence to prove that.

So you see, mico 45cal is a tough beast to tame and not all manufactures see it worth their time or effort since 9 and 40s in mico sell just as well. SEE S&W Sheild as an example.

IMHO, go large bore with quality ammo for CCW. If it's just target practice, then cheap ammo will work too since it may well misfire or jam giving you valuable experiance in clearing malfunctions which is not a bad thing.
SirGunsALot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #49
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 71939
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyo View Post
I've had my share of light strikes, but 50 rounds of Tula went right through mine! Nice to know the cheapest practice ammo functions. Now I need to try Federal HSTs. I hope they work as well!
I just ordered a box of 50 (+P) ---

Can't wait for the mail tomorrow !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

fte, tula, xdm, xds

Search tags for this page
gun vise for presicion shooting
is shooting steal case ammo bad for my xdm 9mm
lock for xds case

monarch steel 9mm ammo in xds

springfield armory 9mm wont eject
springfield xds failure to eject
sr-556 steel case ammo
sr556 running steel case ammo

tul ammo safe t use sig 2022

tulammo in sig 2022
xds 9 millimeter and tula ammo
xds 9mm with steel ammo
xds failur to eject

xds failure to eject

xds mag ejects during firing
xds steel cased ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.