• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!

This is a discussion on XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!! within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Obscura Driving home from Galveston tonight I was thinking about my FTE problems. Could it be grip related? I shoot using the ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!

Old 07-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
Driving home from Galveston tonight I was thinking about my FTE problems. Could it be grip related? I shoot using the "thumbs forward" grip and in my zeal to get as high as possible on the bore axis, I may have been riding the slide with my left thumb.

When I got home I checked my grip and yep I had my left index finger in front of the trigger guard, against the frame, and my left thumb and area below the thumb are both pressing up against the bottom of the slide. (The smooth area below the line the runs from the front of the slide to the back.)

What if I was applying enough pressure to cause it to short stroke? To find out I loaded up with Snap-Caps and short stroked.

Hmm, where have we seen this before?

I'll need to go to the range to confirm but I think it may have been me and not the Tula.
Not saying that isn't your problem, but I shoot the very same way. In fact, both my left and right thumbs ride the slide. I shot mine 115 rounds yesterday, and the only issue I had came from my primary thumb keeping the slide lock from locking the slide back on the last round. No failure to ejects or failure to lock up full battery.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:41 PM   #32
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48684
I use the spot molded into the grip for the thumb with a thumbs forward grip as well. It sounds almost identical to your grip, Medic.

I have trained myself to stay below the slide lock though. I also use my left index finger to hold the outside of the trigger guard. Really like the grip.

Never used Tula ammo though...
Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #33
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71138
Ive had that issue with Tul-Ammo before. It was in my Taurus PT145. Mine was mostly Failure to feeds, but had Failure to Ejects as well. Just don't like it. It just seems like the gun is dirtier after 50rds of that than it is after 50 rounds of anything else. Especially the mags. Its like it leaves some kind of residue all over the mags. My XD's will eat anything though, but I stick to Federal, Winchester, or Remington for practice ammo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown
The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.
My Toys:
Springfield XD9 Service Model
Springfield XD45 Compact
Springfield XDs 45ACP (EDC)
Sig Sauer P226 MK25
Colt Match Competition HBAR II
MSAR STG-556
A few more that arent listed....
Devin.Morris.007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74375
Quote:
Originally Posted by clj94104 View Post
I use the spot molded into the grip for the thumb with a thumbs forward grip as well. It sounds almost identical to your grip, Medic.

I have trained myself to stay below the slide lock though. I also use my left index finger to hold the outside of the trigger guard. Really like the grip.

Never used Tula ammo though...
I've tried using the thumb groove molded in the grip, but it's just too low for the way I shoot. Here's my grip, right wrong or indifferent. I do know I have experienced issues with my thumb preventing the slide from locking back on the last round with this grip, but that's the only issue I've had.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #35
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
I've tried using the thumb groove molded in the grip, but it's just too low for the way I shoot. Here's my grip, right wrong or indifferent. I do know I have experienced issues with my thumb preventing the slide from locking back on the last round with this grip, but that's the only issue I've had.

It took a lot of training with my XDs to get my thumb to go in the groove. That is a good grip IMO though as long as you can try and keep off the slide release. Very similar to mine other than the thumb placement and I wrap my left index finger around the trigger guard.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #36
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 67698
Reading about various issues with the XDs makes me really appreciate my reliable, trusty XD9sc. I don't plan on swapping it out anytime soon.

XD9 Subcompact
XD9 Service
XD9 Tactical
Ruger 10/22
Browning Buckmark
DoubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #37
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 76465
I have had a dozen light strikes in my XDS in 100 rds wtf
MNpolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #38
XDTalk Member

Member #: 76070
There are a few other threads about light strikes. I recommend you start there.
huklebry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #39
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
I'll need to go to the range to confirm but I think it may have been me and not the Tula.
I have since returned to the range and experienced the same error with brass cased Freedom Munitions 230 grain FMJ, the new stuff, not re-manufactured.
Obscura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
CCH
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 76015
Obscura,

If you make it out to Impact Zone for the TXDPSA match on the 28th bring it along if you haven't sent it back to SA by then. There will probably be a couple other ones out there and we can compare.

CCH

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

fte, tula, xdm, xds

Search tags for this page
is shooting steal case ammo bad for my xdm 9mm
monarch steel 9mm ammo in xds
springfield xds failure to eject
sr-556 steel case ammo
steel case ammo and xds 9mm
steel casings xds 9mm
taurus 9mm not ejecting shells

tul ammo safe t use sig 2022

will springfiels xds cycle steel casings
xd9 short stroke
xds 9mm with steel ammo
xds failur to eject
xds failure to eject

xds gear

xds steel cased ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.