• Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!

This is a discussion on XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!! within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Cuda66 Except, of course, it isn't actually steel on steel. Again, there is a polymer coating on the case that actually comes ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » XDS Range Report - EJECT EJECT EJECT!!!!

Old 07-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #21
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
Except, of course, it isn't actually steel on steel.

Again, there is a polymer coating on the case that actually comes in contact with the chamber, etc.

Of course, this doesn't sound as good as OMG! THE STEEL CASINGS WILL WRECK YOUR GUN! on teh interwebz.
Regardless of what material the extractor is actually touching. The case is still steel and will have much less give than brass. I have an old MG with a chrome lug. I use a brass hammer because it is softer. A steel hammer covered in brass would NOT work. Sure it's brass touching the chrome, but the core is still steel.

I think that the FTE's are due to dirty ammo. The external extractor on the XDs is very reliant on being clean.
XD-9ServiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #22
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
Bottom line is I've run thousands of rounds of Tula in my XDM with zero issues and my XDS won't eat it. I wish it did.
Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #23
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 64083
^ I feel the same. I have not bought mine yet just because I want them to work out the "issues" before I spend my money.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:33 PM   #24
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
I've had goofy stuff happen on occasion with Tula. Still shoot it, especially when I'm in a location where I won't be able to police the spent cases. 9/10 it's perfect. But there have been 2 boxes that were problematic. It's cheap stuff, so i don't get excited.

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #25
XDTalk 4K Member

New Theory: grip related user error

Driving home from Galveston tonight I was thinking about my FTE problems. Could it be grip related? I shoot using the "thumbs forward" grip and in my zeal to get as high as possible on the bore axis, I may have been riding the slide with my left thumb.

When I got home I checked my grip and yep I had my left index finger in front of the trigger guard, against the frame, and my left thumb and area below the thumb are both pressing up against the bottom of the slide. (The smooth area below the line the runs from the front of the slide to the back.)

What if I was applying enough pressure to cause it to short stroke? To find out I loaded up with Snap-Caps and short stroked.

Hmm, where have we seen this before?

I'll need to go to the range to confirm but I think it may have been me and not the Tula.
Old 07-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #26
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 25664
The polymer coating on the steel cases can and does come off and build up in the chamber. It's the same kind of coating like the 5.7x28mm brass uses. I clean my chambers from time to time with a carb/brake cleaner.

Doesn't seem to be the issue here .
Old 07-06-2012, 02:59 AM   #27
M27
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75999
To the OP

Does it do it with brass cased ammo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki6589 View Post
Tula has a lacquer on the case doesn't it? Could it be what the AR's see...when the chamber gets hot the lacquer creates a "glue", combined with the carbon, causes the casing to stick?
Have you personally experienced this? Or personally know someone who has?

I have a friend who shoots 1000's of rounds of wolf a year through his AR and never had the "glue" issue.

What he does complain of is carbon build up. The steel doesn't expand to create a seal so carbon flows back into the chamber and builds up in the chamber and around the bolt.
M27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #28
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 73486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
Driving home from Galveston tonight I was thinking about my FTE problems. Could it be grip related? I shoot using the "thumbs forward" grip and in my zeal to get as high as possible on the bore axis, I may have been riding the slide with my left thumb.

When I got home I checked my grip and yep I had my left index finger in front of the trigger guard, against the frame, and my left thumb and area below the thumb are both pressing up against the bottom of the slide. (The smooth area below the line the runs from the front of the slide to the back.)

What if I was applying enough pressure to cause it to short stroke? To find out I loaded up with Snap-Caps and short stroked.

I'll need to go to the range to confirm but I think it may have been me and not the Tula.
Some have reported that the trigger bar is rubbing against the slide. If that is happening with your gun then maybe it is slowing down the action of the slide.
Stratajema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #29
XDTalk 4K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratajema View Post
Some have reported that the trigger bar is rubbing against the slide. If that is happening with your gun then maybe it is slowing down the action of the slide.
Nope. Slide moves nice and smooth. I'm certain it was my hand.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #30
XDTalk 4K Member

I've been back to the range and debunked the short stroke theory. Being very careful about my grip I had another dozen FTEs when shooting Tula.

I shot 250 rounds of Freedom Munitions today and had two FTEs. After the second one, I cleaned the extractor with a rag and the problem went away. Every time it has happened has been after the first 40 or 50 rounds. Could it have been a dirty extractor all along?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

fte, tula, xdm, xds

Search tags for this page
gun vise for presicion shooting
is shooting steal case ammo bad for my xdm 9mm
lock for xds case

monarch steel 9mm ammo in xds

springfield armory 9mm wont eject
springfield xds failure to eject
sr-556 steel case ammo

tul ammo safe t use sig 2022

tulammo in sig 2022
xd9 short stroke
xds 9 millimeter and tula ammo
xds 9mm with steel ammo
xds failur to eject

xds failure to eject

xds mag ejects during firing
xds steel cased ammo
Click on a term to search for related topics.