• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

This is a discussion on Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by SAIKEN I have a 504, fired 300+. Not one hiccup. Nice! I hope the same holds true for my 504....

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

Old 07-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #41
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27606
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIKEN View Post
I have a 504, fired 300+. Not one hiccup.
Nice! I hope the same holds true for my 504.
XD-9ServiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #42
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 37745
Xs501xxx about 600 through it without a hiccup.

Edit

Mix of wwb, and umc bulk
jmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:18 PM   #43
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27606
Wow. Another solid 501. This doesn't help things but according to SA the numbers are NOT nessesarly related to the time of production. eg: a 501 could be newer than a 505 but older than another 501.
XD-9ServiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #44
XDTalk Member

Member #: 71891
XS501xxx 300 rounds no issues shoots where you aim it.

Kimber Crimson Carry ll 45 ACP
SA XDM 3.8 compact .40
SA XDS 45 ACP
Glock 26
SW Bodyguard 380
SW Model 49 38 SPL
Ruger P-89 9mm
Ruger Super Red Hawk .44 Mag

tspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #45
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73901
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatnerglass View Post
I don't have time to deal w/ it now. But a call to SA is in order. Damn it! Has anyone shipped a firearm w/ a loaded mag, empty chamber? That makes me very nervous.
UPS will ship it. I had to send my Ruger SR22 back to Ruger and they emailed me a next day air shipping label for UPS. They told me to send the unloaded gun and magazine in the pouch that was included with the gun. So I took it to UPS and they shipped it and I got it back in 2 weeks.
rroche10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #46
XDTalk 20K Member

Member #: 75159
XS502 350rds, Zero issues!

NRA Endowment Member, Florida Carry Member, FRA Member
KCCO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

STITCS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
RetiredFCC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #47
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40479
Quote:
Originally Posted by rroche10

UPS will ship it. I had to send my Ruger SR22 back to Ruger and they emailed me a next day air shipping label for UPS. They told me to send the unloaded gun and magazine in the pouch that was included with the gun. So I took it to UPS and they shipped it and I got it back in 2 weeks.
Make sure you emphasize UNLOADED. He had a firearm with a magazine in the gun that was loaded. This is not legal to send thru the mail by any carrier.
Accius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:04 PM   #48
XDTalk Member

Member #: 75134
501xxx Probably a hundred rounds of WWB from Walmart....absolutely no issues and right as rain! I love it!
B52GRobins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #49
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoeman View Post
Interesting graph ! It will be really interesting once there is a larger sample. Thanks for putting in the effort !
Thanks, but the nod has to go to Obscura. His idea to post S/Ns and issues. I'm just following up his idea with starting the thread and collecting data.
saluki6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:01 PM   #50
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatnerglass View Post
Well, ****! I took out my striker to look at it. It's all good. When I went to put it back together, correctly(!), things somehow got weird.

I put the barrel in, then the recoil spring, put the slide back on, inserted a mag, hit the slide release and it won't go in to battery. And the mag release button is not working!! It has no tension. I can't get the full mag out, nor the slide to go in to battery.

WTF???

I don't have time to deal w/ it now. But a call to SA is in order. Damn it! Has anyone shipped a firearm w/ a loaded mag, empty chamber? That makes me very nervous.
Shatner! I'm pretty sure your magazine plate that sits on the follower is slipping past the slide stop lever! Keep racking the slide back and forth then press the mag release. Even though there is no tension. Press mag release and pull down on the mag to remove. Now, re-insert again and look "VERY CLOSE" where the follower plate(part number45) makes contact with the slide stop lever. It sounds like it is barely making contact and "slipping" past the lever letting the follower raise into the chamber preventing battery. The lever should rest just a little on the plate's corner edge. It should c"cut the corner off" so to speak. If it doesnt make enough contact to catch, it can shift, and slip. Hope this makes sense. I've seen your problem with other guns through the years in my "un professional" gunsmithing.
Just a suggestion that this may be what is happening. It can either be the mag is just a tad out of spec, or the lever is just a bit out of spec. one of the two!!

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.

Last edited by 3shot; 07-12-2012 at 12:03 PM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
new xds serial numbers
serial numbers springfield xds manufacture date
springfield xds serial number
springfield xds serial number begins with s not xs
springfield xds serial number s311

springfield xds serial numbers

where do i find the serial number on a xds .45
why does my xds serial number start with s instead of xs

xds

xds round count

xds serial # s3911203
xds serial number
xds serial number begins s
xds serial number begins s xdtalk

xds serial numbers

xds striker wear a timing issues?
Click on a term to search for related topics.