• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

This is a discussion on Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; SN#501.... I have fired around 280 rds and so far no issues. I pulled out my pin to give it a inspection and noticed that ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

Old 07-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #31
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74441
SN#501.... I have fired around 280 rds and so far no issues. I pulled out my pin to give it a inspection and noticed that I do have some wear in the same location. Rounds fired where 230g PMC FMJ and 230g Federal whitebox FMJ also 10rds of Hornady 185g Critical Defense JHP.
Attached Thumbnails
Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues-firing-pin.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #32
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 27142
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shot View Post
XS501 200+ rounds. No issues. Runs like a champ!
Mine is also 501 but haven't shot it enough to know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM"
ThumperMX113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #33
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 67425
Well, ****! I took out my striker to look at it. It's all good. When I went to put it back together, correctly(!), things somehow got weird.

I put the barrel in, then the recoil spring, put the slide back on, inserted a mag, hit the slide release and it won't go in to battery. And the mag release button is not working!! It has no tension. I can't get the full mag out, nor the slide to go in to battery.

WTF???

I don't have time to deal w/ it now. But a call to SA is in order. Damn it! Has anyone shipped a firearm w/ a loaded mag, empty chamber? That makes me very nervous.
shatnerglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #34
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 75282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne82dJM View Post
SN#501.... I have fired around 280 rds and so far no issues. I pulled out my pin to give it a inspection and noticed that I do have some wear in the same location. Rounds fired where 230g PMC FMJ and 230g Federal whitebox FMJ also 10rds of Hornady 185g Critical Defense JHP.
Mine looks exactly like yours and has wear in the same location. My Sn is 501 and have shot 300 rounds of 230gr federal 100 round value packs.
Savage Mark ii FV-SR .22
Savage Mark ii Youth .22
Benelli Nova H2O pump tactical with open rifle sights
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #35
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74441
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
Mine looks exactly like yours and has wear in the same location. My Sn is 501 and have shot 300 rounds of 230gr federal 100 round value packs.
Any issues with your 300 rds?
Old 07-02-2012, 12:44 PM   #36
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75461
503. Winchester White box FMJ - VERY first round FTF.
About 140 rounds of the FMJ, and Fiocchi jhp through the gun since then, NO FTF issues.
rhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #37
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40479
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatnerglass View Post

I don't have time to deal w/ it now. But a call to SA is in order. Damn it! Has anyone shipped a firearm w/ a loaded mag, empty chamber? That makes me very nervous.
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't advise sending it out that way... as a matter of fact it's more than likely illegal. I would suggest safely disassembling the gun, (and if not possible, calling your local gun shop, explaining the situation and seeing if they can take care of getting the magazine out for you)

General Note: Please abide by the rules of your state in regard to carrying a loaded firearm in a case without a carry permit. (not saying you don't have a carry permit, if you do it will be much easier)

In PA... An open carry state, you cannot carry ammo with the weapon in the same case unless you have a CCW... (makes a whole lot of sense right?)
Accius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #38
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 74749
I have a 504, fired 300+. Not one hiccup.
SAIKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #39
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 67425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accius View Post
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't advise sending it out that way... as a matter of fact it's more than likely illegal. I would suggest safely disassembling the gun, (and if not possible, calling your local gun shop, explaining the situation and seeing if they can take care of getting the magazine out for you)

General Note: Please abide by the rules of your state in regard to carrying a loaded firearm in a case without a carry permit. (not saying you don't have a carry permit, if you do it will be much easier)

In PA... An open carry state, you cannot carry ammo with the weapon in the same case unless you have a CCW... (makes a whole lot of sense right?)
I do have a CHL. And that is precisely why I asked; I wasn't sure on the legality of that.

I managed to get the mag out. Had to use a punch and hammer very carefully between the grip and the magazine base plate. Didn't cause any damage.

Now everything is working fine. Freaking WEIRD!
shatnerglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #40
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 16502
XDS 502XXX 1 FTF light strike on Winchester white box 100 rounds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

US Army 2005 - 2014
Kimber Series I Compact Aluminum - My Carry

NRA Life Member
SAF Defenders Club Life Membership
AZCDL Life Membership

IN HELPDESK WE TRUST #2

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!"

Capt. John Parker, Lexington militia
ArmyGuy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
new xds serial numbers
serial numbers springfield xds manufacture date
springfield xds serial number
springfield xds serial number begins with s not xs
springfield xds serial number s311

springfield xds serial numbers

where do i find the serial number on a xds .45
why does my xds serial number start with s instead of xs

xds

xds round count

xds serial # s3911203
xds serial number
xds serial number begins s
xds serial number begins s xdtalk

xds serial numbers

xds striker wear a timing issues?
Click on a term to search for related topics.