• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

This is a discussion on Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; 505 here, no issues. 200ish rounds so far. Mix of 230gr FMj (Federal) and Winchester ranger T's 230gr +P My slide comes back from teh ...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

Old 07-02-2012, 10:40 AM   #21
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 57321
505 here, no issues. 200ish rounds so far. Mix of 230gr FMj (Federal) and Winchester ranger T's 230gr +P

My slide comes back from teh James today. Gonna burn up 100 more FMJ's this weekend with it!
BradXDM45c is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #22
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27606
Just also called my LGR. I've personally put 100 rounds through their rental XDs (and I know has a ton more than that) an it was flawless. Theirs is a 501xxx
XD-9ServiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki6589 View Post
Exactly why I am trying to collect this data. To get a snapshot of where (which S/Ns) the FTFs are occurring and how many (severity).
Hey buddy, pump the brakes. I get what you are doing an why. I think it is a bad ass idea. I'm just helping where I can with data and analysis.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #24
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugabdawg View Post
Should I get past the 200 round break in point before contacting SA or contact them now?
I contacted SA at 190 rounds. No sense in doing any more damage, plus the FTFs were frequent enough to not be a "fluke".
saluki6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #25
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69163
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9ServiceB View Post
Hey buddy, pump the brakes. I get what you are doing an why. I think it is a bad ass idea. I'm just helping where I can with data and analysis.
Sorry if you mistook my response. Just thought I might not have explained what I was trying to do as well as I thought I did previously.

BTW...I don't pump the brakes. I have ABS. lol
saluki6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
XDTalk Member

Member #: 40479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugabdawg
Should I get past the 200 round break in point before contacting SA or contact them now?
Break in period should not be an issue according to SA. I'd call them if you haven't already. I know they are monitoring the boards so I know they will see this thread if they haven't already. This has got to be making them nervous.
Accius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #27
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accius View Post
Break in period should not be an issue according to SA. I'd call them if you haven't already. I know they are monitoring the boards so I know they will see this thread if they haven't already. This has got to be making them nervous.
The "vibe" I got from them just a bit ago was that the issues being presented are small in number overall and inevitable with mass production. Not saying that attitude can't change. But I've always known SA to be straight up and honest about things going on in house. Unlike *cough* smith and wesson where they act like they hate their job and don't give two sh!ts about your issues. I really hope these are one offs.

I went through this with the shield (different issues). Shipped it off only to have new issues when I got it back. So I feel for the guys with problems but I'm trying to talk myself into thinking mine will be ok (can't shoot it til tomorrow).
Old 07-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #28
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 53056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugabdawg View Post
If you've got off-center strikes, you should probably contact them. I don't think those are going to smooth out.
Obscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #29
XDTalk 100 Member

off center firing pin strike - 1911Forum

Interesting thread. These guys attribute the high strikes to the barrel fitment. They aren't having FTF's however. So a new question I have is, why do they have similarly high strikes but no FTF's? Are they unrelated?
Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #30
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 75360
XS502 - 100 rounds of 230 grain FMJ Winchester White box and 200 rounds of 230 grain FMJ Federal. No shooting issues to report.

I saw someone mentioned the mags and wondered if this may be a cause. Only issue I have had with mags is with the 7 round mag. The slide cycles following the last round being fired from both of my 7 round mags. I haven't had this problem with the 5 round mags. Still has not created a problem with this firearm. All rounds have fired as expected.

Also show same wear on firing pin and some on the slide spring. The scaring on the slide spring is consistent all the way around. See attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues-xds-firing-pin-wear-edited.jpg   Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues-xds-slide-spring-wear-2.jpg  
Ratrod54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
springfield xds serial number
springfield xds serial number begins with s not xs
springfield xds serial number s311

springfield xds serial numbers

why does my xds serial number start with s instead of xs

xds

xds 9 roundcount

xds round count

xds serial number
xds serial number begins s
xds serial number starts with s

xds serial numbers

Click on a term to search for related topics.