• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

This is a discussion on Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Interesting graph ! It will be really interesting once there is a larger sample. Thanks for putting in the effort !...

Breadcrumb Image XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room » Post Your XDS Serial # (XS+First Three Only), Round Count and Issues/No Issues

Old 07-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74830
Interesting graph ! It will be really interesting once there is a larger sample. Thanks for putting in the effort !
Potatoeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 07-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 27606
There are 2 with 505 issues. Ugabdawg said he had 505 issues on the other thread. I'm freaking out. I just got my 504 and haven't fired it yet. It doesn't seem as though they got better or worse as s/n goes up. And even within the same it's not guaranteed. There are dozens of problem free owners here, CHIME IN PLEASE.

I wonder if it's the mags due to these inconsistencies. SA is known for great quality. But their mags (which are outsourced) have been problematic in the past. If it isn't feeding the round correctly that could lead to the high strike which could then lead to damage on the striker being a harder part of the round not intended to be hit.
XD-9ServiceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #13
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69163
Quote:
Originally Posted by XD-9ServiceB View Post
There are 2 with 505 issues. One said it on another thread. I'm freaking out. I just got my 504 and haven't fired it yet. It doesn't seem as though they got better or worse as s/n goes up. And even within the same it's not guaranteed.

I wonder if it's the mags due to these inconsistencies. SA is known for great quality. But their mags (which are outsourced) have been problematic in the past. If it isn't feeding the round correctly that could lead to the high strike which could then lead to damage on the striker being a harder part of the round not intended to be hit.
Extremely small, statistically insignificant sample size so far. No way to recognize or determine a trend by S/N at this time. Need more reports/data.

On your comment about the mags causing the issue...that would be the best of all scenarios, but it still wouldn't explain my firing pin damage.
saluki6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki6589 View Post
Extremely small, statistically insignificant sample size so far. No way to recognize or determine a trend by S/N at this time. Need more reports/data.

On your comment about the mags causing the issue...that would be the best of all scenarios, but it still wouldn't explain my firing pin damage.
Sure it does. The striker pin is designed to hit center mass on the primer. Further to the outside of the primer will naturally become harder with more rim support. If it hits that edge enough times it "could" cause damage. Imagine a car hitting a wall as opposed to a giant pillow.

The ledge that is chiped on your striker is very deliberate in design. I can't see SA not properly checking tolerances on that part. It has to be something else not lining up improperly and the misses are causing the damage.

In my experience bad mags can lead to a ton of issues. And that is SA's known weak link.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #15
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73901
XS501 - roughly 1000 rounds. No issues. Runs like a champ.
rroche10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75557
Mine was the other XS505xxx reported it the other thread. Purchased from the same lot that saluki purchased and I have the same exact issues. FTF on about 5-6 rounds out of about 50-55 federal champion 230. Usually one a magazine. Noticed same damage in same spot as saluki's. I dont understand what it is hitting to cause this damage.
Ugabdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Sure it does. The striker pin is designed to hit center mass on the primer. Further to the outside of the primer will naturally become harder with more rim support. If it hits that edge enough times it "could" cause damage. Imagine a car hitting a wall as opposed to a giant pillow.
What I was stating is that given the small current data set, there is no way at this time to determine if a trend related to FTFs, not the cause. Currently, I am only attempting to track FTFs as they relate to XDS S/Ns to see if there may be a pattern that indicates an issue related to a particular S/N or group of S/Ns.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75557
Should I get past the 200 round break in point before contacting SA or contact them now?
Ugabdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

I actually just tried calling to see if they had seen any of these yet and knew the cause and needed repair. They had no record of any 504's being checked in for repair. She didn't have any 505's for that matter either. She also talked to 3 techs and only one had seen an XDs and it was for a cosmetic issue.

This feels like a big issue bc there are half a dozen with problems here. But I wonder how wide spread it is.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
I actually just tried calling to see if they had seen any of these yet and knew the cause and needed repair. They had no record of any 504's being checked in for repair. She didn't have any 505's for that matter either. She also talked to 3 techs and only one had seen an XDs and it was for a cosmetic issue.

This feels like a big issue bc there are half a dozen with problems here. But I wonder how wide spread it is.
Exactly why I am trying to collect this data. To get a snapshot of where (which S/Ns) the FTFs are occurring and how many (severity).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
springfield xds serial number

springfield xds serial numbers

why does my xds serial number start with s instead of xs

xds

xds 45 round count
xds 45 serial numbers bad

xds round count

xds serial number
xds serial number begins s
xds serial number begins s xdtalk
xds serial number no x
xds serial number starts with s
xds serial numbers
xds striker wear a timing issues?
xds9 serial numbers
Click on a term to search for related topics.