XD Talk

  • Home
  • Forum
  • Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Xds light strikes

This is a discussion on Xds light strikes within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I test shot a range gun before my purchase. I had two failure to fire in 50 rounds I threw them back in the mag ...


Reply
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #81
XDTalk 100 Member
 
Azazel's Avatar
 
Member #: 80564
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: southern Arizona
Posts: 482
I test shot a range gun before my purchase. I had two failure to fire in 50 rounds I threw them back in the mag and they fired the 2nd time. No idea what the insides looked like, but I was using the cheapest target ammo they had. I assumed the rounds were the culprit. Ive only put about 60 rounds through mine so far, but no issues with firing.
Azazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 10-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #82
XDTalk 100 Member
 
Member #: 76500
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmycrackcorn View Post
My striker looks like yours. Almost 700 rounds and no problems at all. I think the striker wear is normal.

Sent from my crappy phone.
This.
__________________
"The biggest problem with internet quotes is that it's hard to tell if they are legitimate or not." - Thomas Jefferson
TheXDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #83
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 81949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
I joined mainly to share my experience w/ XDS.

Purchased roughly 2 months ago, took it home, stripped, cleaned as I would any other standard type handgun, & off to range. No issues w/ WWB, Blazer, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger HP, etc. Roughly 125 rounds total.

Back home, clean, lube, etc.. Back to range a week/2-weeks later, light primer strikes plaguing me like crazy, up to 2 per mag (std. and extended).

Back home, some google-fu and strip, clean, take out striker, clean channel, lube as instructed.. Back to range (again, week or so later), same issues. Gripped it as tight as I could, light strikes got better, but still 1 or 2 every couple mags.

Called SA, they told me about lube, grip, etc.. Did all of that, this time took a friend from Police Force (carries a Glock 36 as back up, similar). Same issues, and he had a worse time than I. Had to listen to Glock is great all the way home from range.

So, called SA, they promptly sent me FedEx email, sent it off. They called < week, said they lubed it and had no issues at all, and were sending it back. Sigh.

Anyway, love the gun, will try it again, but I don't trust it at all as EDC. Nothing but love for their 1911 pistols, but I've personally had issues with XD and now XDs (no issues from other poly firearms, PPQ, M&P, H&K, etc.).

Moving forward, not sure. Will wait till I get firearm back, see what paperwork says, then go from there.
bmbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #84
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 72498
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbutch View Post
I joined mainly to share my experience w/ XDS.

Purchased roughly 2 months ago, took it home, stripped, cleaned as I would any other standard type handgun, & off to range. No issues w/ WWB, Blazer, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger HP, etc. Roughly 125 rounds total.

Back home, clean, lube, etc.. Back to range a week/2-weeks later, light primer strikes plaguing me like crazy, up to 2 per mag (std. and extended).

Back home, some google-fu and strip, clean, take out striker, clean channel, lube as instructed.. Back to range (again, week or so later), same issues. Gripped it as tight as I could, light strikes got better, but still 1 or 2 every couple mags.

Called SA, they told me about lube, grip, etc.. Did all of that, this time took a friend from Police Force (carries a Glock 36 as back up, similar). Same issues, and he had a worse time than I. Had to listen to Glock is great all the way home from range.

So, called SA, they promptly sent me FedEx email, sent it off. They called < week, said they lubed it and had no issues at all, and were sending it back. Sigh.

Anyway, love the gun, will try it again, but I don't trust it at all as EDC. Nothing but love for their 1911 pistols, but I've personally had issues with XD and now XDs (no issues from other poly firearms, PPQ, M&P, H&K, etc.).

Moving forward, not sure. Will wait till I get firearm back, see what paperwork says, then go from there.
Thanks for the input. Further reinforcement that this apparently isn't user error.
Dogcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
XDTalk 100 Member
 
Member #: 39133
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbutch View Post
I joined mainly to share my experience w/ XDS.

Purchased roughly 2 months ago, took it home, stripped, cleaned as I would any other standard type handgun, & off to range. No issues w/ WWB, Blazer, Federal HST, Winchester Ranger HP, etc. Roughly 125 rounds total.

Back home, clean, lube, etc.. Back to range a week/2-weeks later, light primer strikes plaguing me like crazy, up to 2 per mag (std. and extended).

Back home, some google-fu and strip, clean, take out striker, clean channel, lube as instructed.. Back to range (again, week or so later), same issues. Gripped it as tight as I could, light strikes got better, but still 1 or 2 every couple mags.

Called SA, they told me about lube, grip, etc.. Did all of that, this time took a friend from Police Force (carries a Glock 36 as back up, similar). Same issues, and he had a worse time than I. Had to listen to Glock is great all the way home from range.

So, called SA, they promptly sent me FedEx email, sent it off. They called < week, said they lubed it and had no issues at all, and were sending it back. Sigh.

Anyway, love the gun, will try it again, but I don't trust it at all as EDC. Nothing but love for their 1911 pistols, but I've personally had issues with XD and now XDs (no issues from other poly firearms, PPQ, M&P, H&K, etc.).

Moving forward, not sure. Will wait till I get firearm back, see what paperwork says, then go from there.
Sucks that you got the dreaded "no problems found," let us know how it goes. I've gotten "no problems found" twice now from SA and am nearing the end of my patience. I'm holding onto the gun until I get a chance to shoot someone else's XD-S to see how it goes, but until then, it's pretty much going to be a safe queen.
kf6tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 AM   #86
XDTalk 500 Member
 
Member #: 33778
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 515
After I hit 250-300 rounds with this gun. All my problems magically disappeared?
(knock on wood)

I now shoot factory bulk ammo, reloads, hornady xtp's....no problems, no light strikes and it is extremely accurate! Maybe there's some truth to a "break in"?
TRUST8383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:26 AM   #87
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 81949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
After I hit 250-300 rounds with this gun. All my problems magically disappeared?
(knock on wood)

I now shoot factory bulk ammo, reloads, hornady xtp's....no problems, no light strikes and it is extremely accurate! Maybe there's some truth to a "break in"?
Taking 1/2 day off work tomorrow to head to range and try out a new BCM 14.5" toy. Hopefully XDS will be back today, and I can give it another go. I've got to be close to the 250 round or so count. This time, I'll take various ammo types (WWB, Aguila, Blazer Brass, Fiocchi) and test out a bit. Oddly, all of that has been fed thru HK45C and M&P45 full size w/ 0-failures.

Really hope the issues are worked out or magically disappear, I really like this firearm for EDC, but only if I can trust it. Will def. update on this board.
bmbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #88
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 81949
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6
Firearm returned, stated nothing wrong, lubed properly, test fired with no issues.

The thing is soaked with lube, if it needs to be that lubed, it's no good for EDC for me.

Currently listed on local / state forum w/ full disclosure of issues I encountered. Obviously my grip / lube practices are no good for this firearm.

Still love my Springfield 1911 (Range Officer), flawless & sweet shooter.

Blessings & Happy Shooting.
bmbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #89
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 72498
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbutch View Post
Firearm returned, stated nothing wrong, lubed properly, test fired with no issues.

The thing is soaked with lube, if it needs to be that lubed, it's no good for EDC for me.

Currently listed on local / state forum w/ full disclosure of issues I encountered. Obviously my grip / lube practices are no good for this firearm.

Still love my Springfield 1911 (Range Officer), flawless & sweet shooter.

Blessings & Happy Shooting.
Thanks for the update. Doing the same. Funny how every other sub compact pistol out there works for me. Maybe SF should put out an instructional video on how to shoot the pistol.
Dogcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #90
XDTalk Newbie
 
Member #: 83449
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1
Light Strikes

I don't have any visible damage, but I do have a lot of light strikes. The problem is completely intermittent. I can shoot an entire 50 round box of factory ammo (I have tried every brand, and every brand has at least 1-6 light strikes out of each box of 50). Then, the 2nd box of 50 I will get a light strike in the next box. It may be the 60th, or it may be the 90th.

I talked to Springfield about it and they said the same 'wet lube' comment I have heard before. The wet lube reduced the number of light strikes, but they still happened within a box of 50 rounds.

I can shoot it one-handed without a problem, and have only had the light strikes when firing two-handed (in other words, I'm not limp wristing it).

I just got it back from Springfield after sending it back, and their comment was that they disassembled it, found nothing wrong, relubed and test fired. No light strikes. Lovely, but if you shoot a box or two of ammo, it does. I have shot over 400 rounds and have had around 6 light strikes out of the last 100. The best it did in 100 rounds was 2 light strikes, one in each box.

I'm about to shoot it now, and will check before every shot to make sure it goes into full battery.
douglanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room


Search tags for this page
light for springfield xds
,
light primer strike springfield xds
,
removing xds striker plate
,
springfield xds light primer strike
,
springfield xds light primer strikes
,
springfield xds light strike
,
springfield xds light strikes
,
will xds striker rust
,
xds 45 light primer strikes
,
xds light
,

xds light primer strike

,
xds light primer strike solutions
,

xds light primer strikes

,
xds light strike
,

xds light strikes

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On