• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Xds light strikes

This is a discussion on Xds light strikes within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; What happened to the guns that got sent to the factory, are they still there or did they get fixed and sent back with a ...

Old 08-16-2012, 09:09 PM   #61
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 59382
What happened to the guns that got sent to the factory, are they still there or did they get fixed and sent back with a technical excuse/reason?
johnnyh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #62
XDTalk Member

Member #: 76971
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFrancis View Post
Back to the range tonight for outing #3 with the XDS. It was cleaned and well lubed and I had cleaned out the striker channel. Put about 200 rounds of FMJ and 20 rounds of assorted defense loads down range. Had 3 light strikes with the FMJ - one Georgia Arms and two Blazer Brass. All defense loads were fine, continuing the general pattern of the first two range session. Aside from these few but irritating light strikes (off-center, BTW) I continue to be amazed at how controllable and accurate this little gun is.
I'm amazed, too. Amazed at how unreliable the XDS has been.
BigCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #63
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 67622
Mine has been perfect sense day one. I don't shoot Blaser aluminum rounds through it. Have had a issue in every gun I've shot using that stuff. Had one revolver where the empties were stuck in the cylinder and had to use wood dowl and tape them out. Shoot a lot of Federal and have no problems with it.

Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians
nwmarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #64
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 39205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCal View Post
really? Do you own one? Just curious. Mine has not been unreliable - the opposite - great so far.
other forums I like: rugerforum.net canadiangunnutz.com
XD9 service and XDs45, a few other brands around here someplace (wink)
CdnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #65
XDTalk Member

Member #: 76971
No, I don't own one. I own two. One works. One doesn't. The bi-tone may have made me bi-curious and now I'm limp wristing.
BigCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #66
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 66064
Quote:
No, I don't own one. I own two. One works. One doesn't. The bi-tone may have made me bi-curious and now I'm limp wristing.
Man anything mass produced can have problems. My wife's 2012 Ford had to go to the dealer for some warranty work the other day, but I wouldn't say it's unreliable....

I just don't see why you say you're amazed of how unreliable the XDS if you have one that runs great.

Just curious how many rounds do you have through it? Mine has been 600 w/o any issues.
richeyo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:37 PM   #67
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 71939
Sometimes people seem to forget about guns like the LCP , Bodyguard's , (and still having issues) Gen4 19's ...

LCP'/Bodyguards has a lot of kinks when released ... They are now some of the highest selling guns and most reliable...

It's been a few years and Gen4 Glock 19's are still ejecting flaming hot brass at people's faces ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

M&P Shield 9mm , Truglo TFO Night Sights , Apex Hard Sear , Safety Delete , First GK Nano Series Black Chrome Slide Finish in the World.

Latest Build : PSA M4 16" CMV CL 1/7 Upper , Spikes ST-15 Spider Lower ) , PSA LPK , Daniel Defense BCG , Spikes CH.
Minkman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #68
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 27142
Quote:
They see me trollin'...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

"SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM"
ThumperMX113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #69
XDTalk Member

Member #: 77482
Quote:
That is so funny. I have started a post on limp wristing and have a bi tone as well. My serial number is 510xxx and i have not had any problems but have only shot 60 rounds thru my pistol. I will say i have never had to completely pull apart a pistol completely. If mine did not fire from the factory i would send it back. My observation is this. A forum that is accessed by everyone can make something seem like it is a huge problem. Somewhere there is a post that is trying to track how many guns have problems and the series to see if there is a pattern. I think someone needs to tally the problems with total number of guns per series of serial numbers. This is just way to confusing when people go back and forth.. If it is new and does not work send it back. This is my first SA and i was considering buying another but all this FTF talk scares me for now. Maybe since my gun fires well so far i should not read any posts. I do think that if you have a problem please put the serial number which seems to be relavent.

That Bi Tone joke was a funny one. Had me rolling

Page 26 says other than field stripping no further disassembly should be necessary. Unless you are a gun smith or SA i would send it back as many times as necessary. There are lemon laws that would require the buy back of your pistol if it was the same problem over and over again(more than 3 i think). This i am guessing at with guns but i am sure it would still apply.
dcgadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #70
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78113
Took mine to the range for the first time today, had two light strikes and the slide only locked back once out of 10 magazines. I was shooting blazer brass and hornady tap ammo. Emailed SA, see what they say.
nickanto is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
light for springfield xds
light primer strike springfield xds
removing xds striker plate
springfield xds light primer strike
springfield xds light primer strikes
springfield xds light strike
springfield xds light strikes
will xds striker rust
xds 45 light primer strikes
xds light

xds light primer strike

xds light primer strike solutions

xds light primer strikes

xds light strike

xds light strikes

Click on a term to search for related topics.