• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Xds light strikes

This is a discussion on Xds light strikes within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Could someone post a photo showing the location of the striker channel with the gun field stripped, with a pen or something pointing at the ...

Old 06-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
XDTalk Member

Member #: 63371
Could someone post a photo showing the location of the striker channel with the gun field stripped, with a pen or something pointing at the channel? I've read you're not supposed to lube the striker channel (I only use CLP to clean my XD SC and Tetra grease on the rails), but I guess I need to know exactly where not to spray the CLP. Thanks!
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 06-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #12
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 69307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara View Post
Could someone post a photo showing the location of the striker channel with the gun field stripped, with a pen or something pointing at the channel? I've read you're not supposed to lube the striker channel (I only use CLP to clean my XD SC and Tetra grease on the rails), but I guess I need to know exactly where not to spray the CLP. Thanks!
Do not get oil in the hole in the breech face (where the firing pin protrudes).

I am not where I can photo document it at the time, but removal is simple. Look in your XD-S owner's manual on pg 33. Is as follows:
Remove slide. You have to remove the striker locking plate part # 25.
To do this you must press in the little tab on the top of the locking plate part # 27 (It's the little square you see in the top of the plate). While pressing this tab in, slide the plate down and there you have it. There is a little tension, but the striker spring won't come flying out.
Now you can THOROUGHLY clean the striker channel . You will see the black oily fouling paste that has accumilated from firing. Especially if the factory grease was never removed prior to first firing the pistol! Re-assymbly is reverse of above. A "LIGHT" oily film is acceptable in the channel. And I mean very light!! You dont want it to rust.

Quote:
As for being OT...thread drift is the rule around here. Embrace it.

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
3shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #13
XDTalk Member

That was quick! Okay, so in my book part #25 is the Striker Safety Lever. So I field strip the gun, first removing the locking plate (#27), then the striker safety lever (#25), and then I take out the striker (#31)? Will the spring (#34) come out too? And the channel is where the striker and spring came from?

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but have never gone further than field stripping my XD and would hate to render it inoperable...
Old 06-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #14
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 21744
The channel is Melonite coated. No more likely to rust than the rest of the slide. Bone dry gets my vote.
We have elected an American President who forgets to salute during the National Anthem, requests that Christian Crosses be covered during his visits to college campuses, and bows his head when in front of Arabic Royalty. We deserve what is coming.
FHBrumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
That was quick! Okay, so in my book part #25 is the Striker Safety Lever. So I field strip the gun, first removing the locking plate (#27), then the striker safety lever (#25), and then I take out the striker (#31)? Will the spring (#34) come out too? And the channel is where the striker and spring came from?

I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but have never gone further than field stripping my XD and would hate to render it inoperable...
Not sure what you just posted .
Your numbers do not add up

Quote:

Quote:
I was anti-glock for a long time. I have always been a contrarian and just didn't want to be one of THEM.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
XDTalk Member

I just found a video that shows the disassembly:
I'm guess the channel you can look into at 3:44 is the striker channel, right?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #17
XDTalk 3K Member

Tara, My post was for the XD-S! Not XD. We are in the XD-S forum

Please move your post's to correct forum. Not being a smart @ZZ, just need to keep the thread on tract to avoid confusion!

Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #18
XDTalk Member

Sorry, I guess I should have posted my question there, but I thought the striker channel would be the same for both guns... Just proves that I am an "XD Talk Newbie"!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
XDTalk 3K Member

Quote:
Sorry, I guess I should have posted my question there, but I thought the striker channel would be the same for both guns... Just proves that I am an "XD Talk Newbie"!
No problem . XD-S, and XD are totaly different internals

We are all here to learn something new everyday.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
XDTalk Member

Member #: 70089
Just got back from the range and was making sure some SD ammo can cycle and shoot properly from the XD-S, I shot 100 rounds of GD 230gr and Ranger T 230gr. I did not have any cycle problems I did have 1 light strike on a Ranger T.
chammons is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
light for springfield xds
removing xds striker plate
springfield xds light primer strikes
springfield xds light strike
springfield xds light strikes
xds 45 3.3 reviews on light strikes
xds 45 light primer strikes
xds light

xds light primer strike

xds light primer strikes

xds light strike

xds light strikes

Click on a term to search for related topics.