• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

SA XDS Website Updated

This is a discussion on SA XDS Website Updated within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; This gun obviously isn't for you then. It does fill a void for an awful lot of people however. Apparently you'd fire more rounds than ...

Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 52656
This gun obviously isn't for you then. It does fill a void for an awful lot of people however.

Apparently you'd fire more rounds than most cops do in a shootout as well.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Thunder71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 03-16-2012, 05:23 AM   #12
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 71384
Hey fellow 1911 owners! I see you want more rounds for the 1911. I know that PARA came out with a 1911 that holds around 10-12 and it's still a single action.
Oldmantiburon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 67281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
4.4" high XDs vs 5"+ on UC II (measurement listed is height to barrel, not overall) That extra 5/8th inch would be handy to add another round in the mag.

also, UC II is listed as 7 rd cap... not 7+1 or 6+1 like just about everyone else on the planet advertises... so is 7 rds the actual magazine capacity or is it 6+1? Is this an attempt to pad it to make it appear better?

Weight: XDs 21.5 oz, UC II 25 oz.
Width: XDs 1", UC II 1.28"

about the only thing the UC II does better at is construction and 1 round extra (maybe 2, i donno)
The Ultra CDP II is 7+1.
ddetloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #14
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69163
I have seen a flurry of changing XD-S ads within the past 72 hours. The XD-S must be shipping very soon. Possibly next week? SA now has banner ads on GB. The banner on top (where the XDM in stores now...used to be) shows "March 2012". In terms of marketing (product roll outs) SA has seemed to be on the ball with getting product to market as advertised. Notice I qualified this with "seemed". SA has had their hiccups, but not to the extent of say...Ruger and the SR1911. Just for perspective...SA has to coordinate manufacture, import and then distribute. Ruger manufactures here and has excellent direct distribution channels.
saluki6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 44190
OK, this Kimber vs XDs is pretty off-topic but let me add this: You can almost buy two XDs for the price of one Kimber UC. That, and the warranty is better with Springfield Armory.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 64031
Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki6589 View Post
I have seen a flurry of changing XD-S ads within the past 72 hours. The XD-S must be shipping very soon. Possibly next week? SA now has banner ads on GB. The banner on top (where the XDM in stores now...used to be) shows "March 2012". In terms of marketing (product roll outs) SA has seemed to be on the ball with getting product to market as advertised. Notice I qualified this with "seemed". SA has had their hiccups, but not to the extent of say...Ruger and the SR1911. Just for perspective...SA has to coordinate manufacture, import and then distribute. Ruger manufactures here and has excellent direct distribution channels.

I believe the hiccups were avoided because SA kept quiet about the XDS in the beginning. This way people wouldn't get all bent if they happened to encounter a delay. Once they knew everything was in order they let the info out. But who knows really? Only they do right? LOL

"Breathe when you can. Shoot when you should"--Rob Leatham
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69163
Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
I believe the hiccups were avoided because SA kept quiet about the XDS in the beginning. This way people wouldn't get all bent if they happened to encounter a delay. Once they knew everything was in order they let the info out. But who knows really? Only they do right? LOL
"SA has seemed to be on the ball with getting product to market as advertised."

Kind of my point isn't it?
saluki6589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:11 AM   #18
XDTalk Member

Member #: 67961
Whatever...

All this banter about how this gun (that isn't even released yet) isn't better than
that gun...how the heck would you know? It isn't released yet..OK, now.. having gotten that off my chest...Hope this doesn't turn into a much longer wait, like some of the "Wonder nine" pocket pistols as of late...some of which still aren't plentiful...I wouldn't look for them real soon...although I'd love to be wrong, and walk into my LGS, and have my guy go "Hey, yo...get over here...here's your gun...just came in"...we should be so lucky...
rowabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #19
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
4.4" high XDs vs 5"+ on UC II (measurement listed is height to barrel, not overall) That extra 5/8th inch would be handy to add another round in the mag.

also, UC II is listed as 7 rd cap... not 7+1 or 6+1 like just about everyone else on the planet advertises... so is 7 rds the actual magazine capacity or is it 6+1? Is this an attempt to pad it to make it appear better?

Weight: XDs 21.5 oz, UC II 25 oz.
Width: XDs 1", UC II 1.28"

about the only thing the UC II does better at is construction and 1 round extra (maybe 2, i donno)
I wasn't trying to turn this into a defender sized 1911 vs. whatever thread sorry if I started it so let me finish that by saying this.

If the XDs was the same size as a Defender sized 1911 and carried the 7+1 that a defender sized 1911 does I'd possibly buy one. IMO its foollish to believe that 5+1 is enough in the gun heck I don't even know if 7+1 + a spare mag is enough hence why I went to the XDm instead of the 1911 for my EDC.

Anyways maybe the 9mm will have at least 8 rounds on board and I will pick one of those up IF its small enough for pocket carry. IMO this gun is an answer looking for a problem!
"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory." Jeff Cooper

aaron1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 28402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
This gun obviously isn't for you then. It does fill a void for an awful lot of people however.

Apparently you'd fire more rounds than most cops do in a shootout as well.

Sent using Tapatalk on Android
You have read that that 2-3 shots was based on loose statistics right?

If I wanted to bet my life on statistics I'd never even bother carrying because odds are I'll never get in a gun fight either!

Not trying to be a dick sorry if it comes off that way I'm just saying I don't think 6 rounds are enough for ME to be comfortable. I think that SA makes a great gun but their conceal carry models should hold more rounds IE they should make more Glock 19 sized guns and less Glock 26 sized guns!
"The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory." Jeff Cooper

aaron1984 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

xds, xds 45acp

Search tags for this page
american rifleman springfield xds ballistics
american rifleman xds
american rifleman xds review
best price on springfield xd 45
info stats on springfield.45 xds
kimber 45 compact compared to sa xds
price for the .45 xds

sa xds

value of springfield xds .45 cal
www.american rifleman.org/xd-s
xds duotone
xds site
xds specific website
xds vs cdp ultra
xds vs ultra carry

xds website

Click on a term to search for related topics.