• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDS 9mm & .40 confirmed... Kind of

This is a discussion on XDS 9mm & .40 confirmed... Kind of within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; Even though it seems somewhat obvious that they will make the XDs in 9mm and 40, and maybe they even said so, I have seen ...

Old 02-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 64376
XDS 9mm & .40 confirmed... Kind of

Even though it seems somewhat obvious that they will make the XDs in 9mm and 40, and maybe they even said so, I have seen a lot of questions (myself included) as to whether or not they plan to make them. I wrote them to tell the how pleased I was with my 5.25 and also asked the question "so how about an XDs in 9mm?".

Ask... and you shall receive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penne Bormann pbormann@springfield-armory.com
11:28 AM (7 hours ago)

to me
Hello Derek,
Thank you for email and we are glad you are happy with your XDM 5.25!

We hope to be shipping the new XD(s) in March! The website is xdspistol.com
Eventually we hope to have the XD(s) in 9M and .40 cal but it is not available at this time.
Weight of the new XD(S): 21.5 ounces

XD(S) suggested Retail pricing and part numbers:

Black: $599 XDS93345B

Bitone: $669 XDS93345S

Thank you and have a great day!
Penne Bormann
Customer Service Rep.
1-800-680-6866, Ext 8972
Springfield Armory
Email: penne@springfield-armory.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Eventually we hope to" is marketing speak for "Yeah, we will, but were not going to flood the market with new product and rob ourselves of another chance at some magazine covers"
I say by August or September.
lifelesslived17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 66571
I don't think there was any question about IF, its only when. They flat out said, there are enough 9mm and .40 pocket pistols out there, they didn't just wanna be another "pps" they wanted to have "the" .45 to set this model apart from the start, so they did the .45 FIRST. They did say first in the interviews, implying more to come.

with all the complaints about the capacity of the .45, I can only imagine how much everyone will complain about a 6+1 9mm, I know I wouldn't carry that pea shooter.
cjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #3
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 64376
I figured as much, but I have seen enough posts of people asking that I figured it might help to see it here, in writing, from Springfield.

I hardly call 7 rounds a pea shooter. Though I realize the trend is that more is better, people got by for a long time with the same or less. I myself am a little guy, so a half inch or so saved here or there is a HUGE difference and worth a couple less rounds if it means I'll have the gun when I need it.
lifelesslived17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 51212
They have already stated the 40 and 9 would be out after the .45
GodfatherJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:34 PM   #5
XDTalk 4K Member

Member #: 35632
Thanks for confirming and your post.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:30 AM   #6
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelesslived17 View Post
I

I hardly call 7 rounds a pea shooter. Though I realize the trend is that more is better, people got by for a long time with the same or less.
And they missed a lot of targets and died.
I am happy with my 6+1 Kahr CM-9, would I like more rounds? Sure, but every gun is a compromise of size vs capability depending on it's tasked mission.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42843
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacob View Post
I don't think there was any question about IF, its only when. They flat out said, there are enough 9mm and .40 pocket pistols out there, they didn't just wanna be another "pps" they wanted to have "the" .45 to set this model apart from the start, so they did the .45 FIRST. They did say first in the interviews, implying more to come.

with all the complaints about the capacity of the .45, I can only imagine how much everyone will complain about a 6+1 9mm, I know I wouldn't carry that pea shooter.
you wouldn't carry that pea shooter??? do some research, jacketed hollow points as of 2012 in 9mm penetrate just as far as .45acp and expand very aggressively. if you get hit with one of those pea shooters it'll kill. I'll carry that pea shooter daily plus it'll hold more than the .45acp with considerably less recoil for faster follow up shots..... to each his own but don't knock it.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #8
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaboom View Post
And they missed a lot of targets and died.
I am happy with my 6+1 Kahr CM-9, would I like more rounds? Sure, but every gun is a compromise of size vs capability depending on it's tasked mission.
The khar is smaller right? Better for pocket carry? In that case I'd consider the khar one of those "better than nothing" guns when capacity is not an option. I haven't held a new xds obviously,
But the size seems to still be a iwb gun, not pocket, and i still think its not far enough off from the xdsc to carry it instead. xds, good small option for .45, xd9sc, great small option for 9mm. I just don't know that the xds gives me a better option than the xd9sc if both were 9mm.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #9
XDTalk 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDturbo View Post
you wouldn't carry that pea shooter??? do some research, jacketed hollow points as of 2012 in 9mm penetrate just as far as .45acp and expand very aggressively. if you get hit with one of those pea shooters it'll kill. I'll carry that pea shooter daily plus it'll hold more than the .45acp with considerably less recoil for faster follow up shots..... to each his own but don't knock it.
It might hold 1, maybe 2 more rounds max
Old 02-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacob View Post
The khar is smaller right? Better for pocket carry? In that case I'd consider the khar one of those "better than nothing" guns when capacity is not an option. I haven't held a new xds obviously,
But the size seems to still be a iwb gun, not pocket, and i still think its not far enough off from the xdsc to carry it instead. xds, good small option for .45, xd9sc, great small option for 9mm. I just don't know that the xds gives me a better option than the xd9sc if both were 9mm.
My point was 6+1 was acceptable regardless of caliber IF the gun fits your needs. I NEED a pocket gun, the Kahr CM-9 is the only one small and light enough for me to pocket all day. The Kahr PM-45 is pushing the weight limit and the XDs-45 will likely exceed it for ME. YMMV and I will still buy the XDs at some point because I LIKE it, not NEED it.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
release date for springfield xds 40
springfield armory xds 40 release
springfield armory xds 40 release date
springfield xds .40 release date
springfield xds 4.0 release date

springfield xds 40

springfield xds 40 release date

springfield xds in 40 s&w
xdm 40 cal release date
xds .40 release date
xds 4.0 release date

xds 40

xds 40 cal
xds 40 caliber

xds 40 release date

xds in 40
Click on a term to search for related topics.