• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Full Size XDs...?

This is a discussion on Full Size XDs...? within the XD-S Discussion Room forums, part of the XD Talk category; I'd think there's something to be said for a slightly larger, single stack .45. Make it roughly the same size as a CCO and I'm ...

Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 44190
I'd think there's something to be said for a slightly larger, single stack .45. Make it roughly the same size as a CCO and I'm all over it! Seriously, a 4.25" barrel would be smokin' hot!
Remove Ads
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #12
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 31126
I actually like the idea of a longer slide/barrel on the XDs. Of all the dimensions, it's the grip length followed by the thickness that have the greatest impact on conceal-ability.

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government ~ Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined. ~George Washington

We are a free people living under a republic of our own construction. We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. ~Kevin D. Williamson

NRA
katokahn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 42843
i could picture SA doing this, they have a new model pistol so why not exploit it and build as many variations as they possibly can, they do it with every other xd made to date. i wouldnt buy it but someone will
Old 01-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 27123
You know what would be really cool? If they made a full size XDs, but made it just a little bit wider so it could be a doublestack!

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding it's way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".--Isaac Asimov
Cuda66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 44190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
You know what would be really cool? If they made a full size XDs, but made it just a little bit wider so it could be a doublestack!

...Brilliant!

Wait, wut?
Old 01-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #16
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 64837
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacob View Post
Maybe this would be more suited as a single stack xdm, rather than a full size xds
Then it would be an XDs (hint, the s stands for slim...as in single stack). The XDs IS an XDm but in single stack.
brennahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #17
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 4980
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry72 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been covered in any of the other threads or not. I know everyone is asking about the availability in other calibers, but what about SA offering this in a full size model? I have small hands and I love my single stacks. I have already committed to buying of of these XDs, but I sure would love a full size model to go along with my Range Officer and my P220. Just a thought.
I'd bet at the very least they will release an extended magazine a la the XD-Sub.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
: Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?
cjive134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 48374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post

It would never sell - way to heavy!
XDster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #19
XDTalk 10K Member

Member #: 7918
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
Then it would be an XDs (hint, the s stands for slim...as in single stack). The XDs IS an XDm but in single stack.
No, the XDs is it's own animal, internals are different from both XD and XDm.
Uzi, Sterling MK6, GSG-5.
Bersa Thunder 45, CZ75-SP01 Tactical, CZ75 Compact 40, DW CBOB 10mm,USP Custom Combat40, SA-1911,
XD-9 Service, XD-9SC Black, XD-9SC Bi-Tone, XD-40 Service Bi-tone, XD-45C Dark Earth, XD-45C Tactical Black,
Sig P228x2, Sig P220, Sig Mosquito, Steyr M9, Walther P-22, Beretta 92FS Inox
Kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #20
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 66571
Quote:
Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
The xds is different and thinner all over. I'm saying take the xdm, same slide parts everything, slim down the handle to a single stack. I think it would be better dimensions and better ballanced than oversized gun that's less than an inch thick, I think it would shoot a lot better as well.
cjacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-S Discussion Room

Search tags for this page
1911 mag in xds
1911 magazine in xds
1911 magazines in xds
can i use 1911 mags in my xds

full size xds

full size xds 45

springfield xds full size

will 1911 magazine fit xds
will 1911 magazines fit springfield xds
xd-s dimensions
xds 1911 mag
xds 1911 mags

xds dimensions

xds full size

xds full size 45

xds fullsize

Click on a term to search for related topics.