• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Love my XDm 3.8 .45!

This is a discussion on Love my XDm 3.8 .45! within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Hey all! I started browsing this forum after I picked up my XDm compact .45 so I figured I would join. Had some time last ...

Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86362
Love my XDm 3.8 .45!

Hey all!

I started browsing this forum after I picked up my XDm compact .45 so I figured I would join. Had some time last weekend to put 50 rounds through it and I love it! Waiting on my CCP to come in the mail and looking for a nice holster so I can carry this bad boy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Chewy1576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 80249
Welcome to the forum from Western PA. I have the same .45 in bi-tone and love it. I carry it everyday in a Crossbreed Supertuck Delux, Combat cut IWB holster. Very comfortable....

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
bigred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
XDTalk Member

I'm from UT by the way. I was thinking of carrying OWB but can't find any holsters I like. I want a leather pancake style but I can't find any locally and would like to try one before I spend money on one. Guess I can just use the plastic one that came with the gun for now.

Old 01-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
Congrats and welcome to the forum from Texas! Some anti-XD/XDm people here will tell you that the factory holster is a cheap POS. Just ignore them. Nothing wrong with the factory holster and the tension adjustment allows for very secure carry. Seems like some people think they should have got a free $100 concealment holster with their pistol. I wear the factory holster when I'm at the range and it works just fine.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Get the complete picture here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
57K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
XDTalk Member

Member #: 82916
I have about 300 rounds through mine, love it, no issues at all. Waiting on my CHL to arrive.
MitchTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 84633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy1576 View Post
Hey all!

I started browsing this forum after I picked up my XDm compact .45 so I figured I would join. Had some time last weekend to put 50 rounds through it and I love it! Waiting on my CCP to come in the mail and looking for a nice holster so I can carry this bad boy.

I too have the xdm 45 sub..just picked up a dm bullard bodyguard owb. It's not a pancake, but has a very aggressive cant, sits high and has leather to protect the top of the slide from your body....which I like a lot...kinda pricey,(bout 85+ ship) but I would recommend.
johnnyblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #7
XDTalk Member

I have tried on the XDm holster and I think it will be fine for a while. My father in law does leatherwork and he bought a Beretta PX4 Storm Sub when I bought my XD so I'm hoping he will put together a custom one or something.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
XDTalk Member

Member #: 82563
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred1 View Post
Welcome to the forum from Western PA. I have the same .45 in bi-tone and love it. I carry it everyday in a Crossbreed Supertuck Delux, Combat cut IWB holster. Very comfortable....
That sure is a pretty setup.

Chewy, if youre looking for a light to mount, LApolicegear has a deal on TLR1s for 99. I picked one up last week. I think it's a good deal considering the strobe feature boosts the standard price dramatically.
Mack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #9
XDTalk Member

Member #: 84720
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57K View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum from Texas! Some anti-XD/XDm people here will tell you that the factory holster is a cheap POS. Just ignore them. Nothing wrong with the factory holster and the tension adjustment allows for very secure carry. Seems like some people think they should have got a free $100 concealment holster with their pistol. I wear the factory holster when I'm at the range and it works just fine.
The only gripe I have with the factory holster is if you have it at the 3 or 4 o'clock position, and are wearing jeans with those little metal nobbie things at the corner of your pockets, the slide will rub against them and mar up your nice finish. For this reason, I don't use the factory holsters unless I'm at the range NOT wearing jeans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ciollika is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page
concealed holster xdm 40
crossbreed combat cut xdmc
crossbreed holster supertuck with combat cut

crossbreed supertuck combat cut xdm

is the xdm factory holster secure?
iwb holster xdm 3.8
iwh xdm 45 holster
love my xdm
xdm 3.8 .40 iwb holster

xdm 3.8 45

xdm 3.8 carry
xdm 3.8 crossbreed holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.