• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

concealed carry

This is a discussion on concealed carry within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; We recently purchased a XDS 3.3 45acp for my wife and a XDM 3.8 compact 45acpfor myself. Love both guns and I should have my ...

Old 01-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85341
We recently purchased a XDS 3.3 45acp for my wife and a XDM 3.8 compact 45acpfor myself. Love both guns and I should have my CC permit next week (wife already got hers).
SpectreH is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 01-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #22
XDTalk Member

Member #: 85328
Quote:
Originally Posted by painkiller0007 View Post
Love my 3.8 .45 compact it hides lovely but I do have padding

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
thanks!

XDm 45ACP Compact 3.8
CZ52 7.62x25
Smith & Wessen .38
Rossi .38 special snub
Winchester 1300 Defender Speed Pump
Winchester 1400 MK II
303 British Enfield Long Branch MK I(1944)w/Simmons 3-9x40
Mosin Nagant 7.62x54(1939)
(All in working order)
kdmimagery.zenfolio.com
KDM76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #23
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 75542
I bought an XDm .45 compact about a year ago. It was also my first handgun purchase, and I love the gun. I'm 5'8", and I carry with an IWB holster. I don't have any problems printing, even when I tuck-in my shirt.
Thavik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #24
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85175
Choosing caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thavik View Post
I bought an XDm .45 compact about a year ago. It was also my first handgun purchase, and I love the gun. I'm 5'8", and I carry with an IWB holster. I don't have any problems printing, even when I tuck-in my shirt.
What made you choose the .45 over the other calibers?

I'd like .45 too for CCW, but if I use it for a range course or anything else besides CCW sending quantities of lead through it, a 9mm will be a lot more economical. Kinda leaning that way now for my 1st gun, maybe going with a .45 later.

Just wondering what your thought process was in choosing the .45 for #1. If it is purely CCW I can see that.
BACyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 80249
I also have the .45 3.8 compact and carry it daily. I holster it in a Crossbreed super tuck with the combat cut and it's very comfortable. I like having the extra 13 round mag just in case on the opposite side.

The gun comes with a 13 round mag but I ordered an extra two 13 round mags from Springfield just to be able to take them to the range. I like the feel and the accuracy of the 3.8 compact.

Good luck........

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
bigred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #26
XDTalk Member

Member #: 66486
I DID NOT LIKE THE .45 s AND WENT WITH THE .45 3.8" AND AFTER REPLACING THE TRIGGER WITH PRP LOVE IT IN THE VERSA CARRY IN FL. IN SHORTS AND A TEE
fletchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #27
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 85175
Carry position

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEaK_aCcIdEnT View Post
You should be fine with the 3.8 compact. I'm 5'7" 135 lbs. I cc a xd45 compact all day long. Never an issue. I wear a IWB holster in the 5 o'clock position.

Your choice will be a good one! Nothing against the XDs either. I want one those for a backup!
Intrigued by your choice of carrying at 5 o'clock. Is it still comfortable if you leave it there when you are driving in the car, esp if you are going a few hours' drive?

It seems like that would be a good spot for a RH draw and would still maybe be accessible with your seat belt on. Thanks!
BACyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #28
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78878
Have both the XDm 3.8 compact and the XDS. Both will CC fine with a good belt and holster.

The edge for easier concealment goes to the XDS, but if you want a few more rounds then the XDm compact is it. Just add a bit more width and some additional weight of the gun and spare larger magazine with going with a XDm compact over the XDS.

You mentioned needing something for bear and mountain lion protection while hiking. When in the mountains, like riding ATVs or on a backcountry camping trip, it's the 44 mag revolver with some hot 240gr SWC handloads that gets the nod. Of course it isn't the handiest choice for CC with it's 6.5" barrel.

In my opinion the .45 does not have quite the energy for those beasts, but it would certainly be better than a sharp stick. Maybe something more like a 10mm or a 44 mag in a mountain gun kind of snubby size might be more apropos if you can only get one and need it to do a bit of everything.
B2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #29
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACyclone View Post
Intrigued by your choice of carrying at 5 o'clock. Is it still comfortable if you leave it there when you are driving in the car, esp if you are going a few hours' drive?

It seems like that would be a good spot for a RH draw and would still maybe be accessible with your seat belt on. Thanks!
It is decently accessible for me while I'm driving. It can be hit or miss with long drives. I have taken many trips that involved 4 hours of driving at a time. If you are the type of person that can't stand a wallet in your back pocket for a long drive, then this would he the same nagging annoyance.

If I have to drive more than 5 hours, I tend to take it out and keep it between myself and the center console covered up.
FrEaK_aCcIdEnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #30
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 63259
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACyclone View Post

I carry a 4.5" XDm at about 4:30 in a Galco KingTuk (similar to CBST). I have bolstered seats and this is the most comfortable position while driving. I've also found that it hides the grip much better than any other position. I would like to pick up a 3.8" compact before the spring though.
Dillon xl650 w/ case feeder
CCW, IDPA, USPSA, NRA
SmokedBMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page

best 1911 for concealed carry

best 45 acp to carry concealed 2013
best 9mm for ccw 2013 forums
best ccw 45 caliber pistol in 2013
best concealed 9mm 2013

best concealed carry 9mm

best concealed carry 9mm 2013

best concealed carry gun

best concealed carry holster for xd 9 for truck drivers

best concealed carry pistol

best concealed carry xd talk

concealed carry holster cz 52
which 45 acp gor ccw 2013 forums
xdm 40 compact tacloc holster
xds 3.3 vs xdm 3.8
Click on a term to search for related topics.