• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

xdm trigger not "sensitive enough"

This is a discussion on xdm trigger not "sensitive enough" within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by donkin i have an xdm-45 and to me, it feels that there is too much play in the trigger and too long ...

Old 12-25-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkin View Post
i have an xdm-45 and to me, it feels that there is too much play in the trigger and too long of a reset.

does anyone else feel this way?

id prefer a hair trigger, one that has a shorter reset / shorter trigger pull.

the reason i say this is because if i want to fire multiple rounds quickly, ive noticed sometimes i dont let the trigger go all the way forward before pulling it and then i have to let it reset.
You have to release the trigger on any semi-auto to reset the trigger!

What is a hair trigger in your mind? Most definitions would be a very light trigger pull, possibly dangerous.

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #12
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 70670
How many rounds have you fired through the pistol? I'd give it at least 1000 before changing the trigger.

I bought myself the PRP drop in kit for Christmas. Here is a good YouTube video showing the install.
KTXdm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 37977
Google Teddy Jacobsen Pistolsmith....
chuckybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #14
XDTalk Member

Member #: 62427
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybrown View Post
Google Teddy Jacobsen Pistolsmith....
X2

Teddy worked on a Sig P229 for me. He took the DA pull from 15lbs down to 8 and the SA from 5 to 4.

He's the best trigger man in the country. My life says so.

He's not too fond of the XD but will gladly work on them. He's a Glock fan with his reasons.
Ryan_in_Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 20418
Quote:
i have an xdm-45 and to me, it feels that there is too much play in the trigger and too long of a reset.

the reason i say this is because if i want to fire multiple rounds quickly, ive noticed sometimes i dont let the trigger go all the way forward before pulling it and then i have to let it reset.
I apologize in advance and welcome you to the forum..

BUT;

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............

I've been bitching about the sloppy & spongy XD/XDm triggers for 2 years...
I've bought and sold 4 XD pistols for that very reason.
See guys, it ain't just me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKC View Post
I never felt that way because I do a lot of dry fire practice to get used to the pull and reset.

No problems rapid fire.

But a lot of guys get trigger kits. The PRP drop in kit seems to be a favorite around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
Sounds like you would love a PRP triggger kit. I love the drop-in kit! If you just want it more sensitive, have it watch a couple days worth of Christmas movies with my wife
donkin the only way to make that trigger acceptable is to install a PRP kit in it.
I put one in my XD45 compact and although it improved the trigger 110%, I still sold it..

PRP~ Perfecting Your XD/XDM!

donkin if the PRP kit doesn't help, then come over to the dark side Brother...
Our trigger improvements cost a fraction of the PRP kits and they are easier to do....

"Scheiße nicht gegeben"......Deer Slayer
1lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #16
XDTalk 2K Member

Member #: 30502
Quote:

I owned an XD TAC in .40 S&W previously so I knew what to expect. I didn't install a PRP in the TAC because the reach to the trigger was short and the grip was a little small for my hand. I waited until the XDm came out in .45 ACP and ordered the 4.5 sight unseen and ordered a trigger kit from a PRP at the same time. I don't have any take-up to mention, a crisp clean 4# pull with no overtravel. If you want less than 4# get the "Ultimate Match" kit. Most guys claim that their triggers are in the 3 -3.5# range which is pretty light. especially for a combat pistol. I don't feel uncomfortable with mine at 4#, but you should remember to keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you're ready to fire anyway. For a combat trigger, I'd order the "Ultimate Easy fit". It's essentially the same kit I have except mine is the older "Match Easy Fit" that was replaced by the "Ultimate Easy Fit". The only difference is that my overtravel stop is an internal part that fits in the frame. On the "Ultimate" kits, the overtravel stop is incorporated into the back of the trigger. You simply sand or file it down until the sear releases the striker. Some guys are the putting the frame into their freezer to get the trigger as cold as possible and then checking to ensure that the sear still releases the striker. If not, they sand down the stop a little more until it does so that it's good to go in any climate.

Lowlife is correct that it's cheaper to do a trigger job on a Glock. But I've never felt one that had as good a trigger as I have on my XDm. And with the Glock there is no provision to stop overtravel. When executed properly, you'll have a truly excellent trigger with no take-up to speak of, a clean crisp break with no overtravel. It's the best trigger I've ever felt on a combat pistol until you start talking about 1911s that cost twice as much, i.e. Dan Wesson.

The truth about OSS data and wound ballistics:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

Get the complete picture here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
57K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
XDTalk 500 Member

Member #: 18957
1lowlife, did you sell 4 XD models (not XDM) because of the trigger? I had 7 XDs but the XDM factory trigger is a really nice improvement and feel no modifications are necessary, although I understand some do. If you like the Glock trigger, then you should defiantly like the XDS trigger.

Nakanokalronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #18
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 63745
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowlife View Post
I apologize in advance and welcome you to the forum..
BUT;
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............

I've been bitching about the sloppy & spongy XD/XDm triggers for 2 years...
I've bought and sold 4 XD pistols for that very reason.
See guys, it ain't just me...

donkin the only way to make that trigger acceptable is to install a PRP kit in it.
I put one in my XD45 compact and although it improved the trigger 110%, I still sold it..

PRP~ Perfecting Your XD/XDM!
The xdm trigger is acceptable but the xd trigger is just horrible for sure. PRP trigger kit for my .45c xd was the first thing I did. Now
Old 03-06-2014, 10:28 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 67584
I have an XD with a PRP kit installed. I also just bought a second hand xdm 45 4.5" and it has quite possibly the worst trigger I've ever felt on any gun and I've shot a few. I planned on installing a prp kit in this one too but I keep reading about how it's supposed to be improved over the xd and all I have to say to that is horsesh!t. Whoever is spreading that crap doesn't know what they're talking about or they're still trying to justify the extra expense over the XD.
jwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:39 PM   #20
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 39205
PRP ultimate match kit made my XD into a different gun. I recommend it for exactly what you wrote.
other forums I like: rugerforum.net canadiangunnutz.com
XD9 service and XDs45, a few other brands around here someplace (wink)
CdnInAz is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

reset, trigger

Search tags for this page
glock drop in trigger
how fo you file down the trigger on a colt 45 to make a hair trigger
how much to put a hair trigger on my xdm
how sensitive is the trigger on the springfield xdm
prp drop in trigger kit xdm troubleshooting when trigger does not pull
sloppy xdm .45 trigger
ultimate match trigger kit rapid fire
wayne allen root xcr
where do u find trigger kits in katy texas
xdm .45 rapid fire problems
xdm hair trigger
xdm in movies

xdm trigger

xdm trigger kit
xdm trigger pull too long
xmd trigger
Click on a term to search for related topics.