• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

XDm magazine wiggle

This is a discussion on XDm magazine wiggle within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; I had magazine wiggle in my xdm .45ACP. This is what i did to solve the wiggle and the associated rattle noise along with it. ...

Old 08-03-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 75900
XDm magazine wiggle

I had magazine wiggle in my xdm .45ACP. This is what i did to solve the wiggle and the associated rattle noise along with it. Its definitly not high tech but it works and doesnt seem to hurt the function of operation. I used a small piece of the soft side of velcro on the lower side near the floorplate. If anyone has any better solutions i would welcome some input.

Old 06-14-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 93668
Most gun companies, when releasing a new handgun chambered in 9mm will also release another version of the pistol in .40 S&W because the guns are so similar in dimension that it is easy to produce both guns on the same production line with minimal tool adjustment. This proved true for Springfield Armory as well when the released their XDm-40 3.9 in .40 S&W at the same time as the 9mm version of the pistol........
Old 06-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #3
XDTalk 1K Member

Wow, I made this post a year ago... lol. Although i do agree with how these firearms are manufactured, I was looking for a better solution to the wiggle i get with XDm 45acp 4.5 version of this fine handgun.... A year later, i am still using the Velcro with no problems, but still open to ideas for better fitment. It has been a while since I have been on XDTalk, so I will look around again to see if anyone else has a better idea... Thanks for the reply and reminding me about this great site.... Hope everyone has a great day...
Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Jub
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 92783
I have the 3.8 xdm in 9mm. When i use the 19 rnd mag eith extender the mag wiggles. When i use the 1319term rnd mag no wiggle.
Jub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #5
XDTalk 1K Member

I have only the 14rd mags for mine (.45). Its not really that big of deal since i don't use this as my daily carry, but still, the rattle can be noticed when holstered... I am amazed that with all my other xd-xdm-xds models that this is the only one that does it.... anyhow, thanks for the reply..
Old 06-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 90482
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbiber469 View Post
Most gun companies, when releasing a new handgun chambered in 9mm will also release another version of the pistol in .40 S&W because the guns are so similar in dimension that it is easy to produce both guns on the same production line with minimal tool adjustment. This proved true for Springfield Armory as well when the released their XDm-40 3.9 in .40 S&W at the same time as the 9mm version of the pistol........
Thanks for the history lesson.
blackspike2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 33132
Quote:

You have a rare 3.9 barrel xdm? Priceless!

don
dglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #8
XDTalk 1K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dglock View Post
You have a rare 3.9 barrel xdm? Priceless!

don

Lol, I saw this also but figured it was just a typo....
Old 06-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #9
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 84748
Quote:
Beib, is that you?

XD(M)c .40 Bi-tone

If Beer & Women are not the right answers, maybe you should reevaluate your questions
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).

In God & XDm We Trust.
Enjoi829 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

mag, magazine, wiggle

Search tags for this page
fix the wiggle in the xd extended magazine
fn magazine wiggle

how to fix the wiggle room on xdm extended magazine?

my handgun mag wiggles
wiggle magazine
xd magazine wiggle
xdm compact wiggle
xdm magazine
xdm magazine fall
xdm magazine loose
xdm magazine width
xdm magazine wiggle
Click on a term to search for related topics.