• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Best 9mm Ammo

This is a discussion on Best 9mm Ammo within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Thank you for these posts....

Old 09-17-2012, 07:18 PM   #51
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78205
Thank you for these posts.
cowboypriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 11-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #52
XDTalk Member

Member #: 81204
Shoot anything cheap including Russian. It's dirty and stinks, but hits the targets (if they are big enough!) Corbon or Underwood for HD/SD
Steven57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #53
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 55851
I am still in the "BREAK-IN" preiod of my 9mm, 5.25. So far, I have ran 100- WWB,FMJ,200-UMC-FMJ, 100-Hornady Critical Duty. No failures at all. I carry 2 mags of the Duty, And the third being the FMJ Target ammo, 58 total.
HAWKEYE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #54
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 36899
I like the Federal champion. never had a bad round.
high_lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #55
XDTalk Member

Member #: 81689
In defense of CD/ZM

In defense of Hornady's Critical Defense/Zombie Max ammo, I have a real world experience with its killing power...
Just 2 weeks ago during deer season, I shot a decent fork. From my shooting rail, I put the crosshairs directly behind the shoulder and pulled the trigger. The deer dropped and I drank a celebratory cup of coffee while I calmed the nerves enough to safely exit the tree. While I waited, I noticed the deer kicking, this is nothing uncommon and thought nothing of it.
As I approached the deer, I realized it was not dead, Not even close. The deer did not even appear to have been shot. It was semi paralyzed, though mobile enough rear up on its haunches and attempt to charge at me. In reality, this deer was no physical threat to me, but just the same, I do not like seeing animals suffer. I pulled out my XDM, and put one round of Zombie Max (it was a birthday present) behind the shoulder from about 15 yards. The animal growled once and died.
When I field dressed the deer, I found that the Z-Max had blown through a rib, taken out the right lung, a chunk of the heart and the green polymer tip, along with pieces of jacket, were lodged in what was left of the left lung.
As a 180lb deer is probably a decent stand in for a 200lb human, I do have to say it did the trick, just as promised.
It turns out I had necked the deer, but hadn't fully hit the spine... I have since rezero'd the Tikka and I'm back to driving tacks.

As for Target Ammo, I've always liked Speer Lawman... Its clean, it doesn't stink...
Rtwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #56
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 17343
The problem with XRBR ammunition is the body is 60% water. Being rabid makes the badgers hydrophobic. Therefore over half your rounds will refuse to hit a villain forcing you to carry much more ammo.
pavementends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #57
XDTalk Member

Member #: 87058
Quote:
Originally Posted by agalindo View Post
XRBR the best there is.

Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The exact process is like, totally secret and proprietary.

Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.

My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.

The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10 Warthog, and painted a scary face on each and every round.
just died laughing. my god.
givuhcky22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #58
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 88175
I just bought a box of hornaday 135gr critical duty for SD. I hope this performs better than what the critical defense does. I didn't know any better when I bought it but the duty seems better than the defense.

I have used Independence 115gr and Remington UMC 115gr at the range. No failures yet but I haven't shot the critical duty yet. Should I not use them?
RichV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM   #59
XDTalk Member

Member #: 72778
For self defense rounds, use the same round that your police department uses. If its good enough for use by police to defend themselves and others, it's good enough for your use. In my case, our PD uses Speer Gold Dot.
Jl808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

9mm, ammo, self defense, xdm

Search tags for this page
9mm ammo

9mm ammo review

9mm ammunition reviews

best 9mm ammo

best 9mm ammo for practice
best 9mm ammo review
best 9mm ammo reviews
best 9mm jhp ammo
best 9mm practice ammo
best ammo brand
best ammo for m
mke 9mm ammo review
summit ammo review
summit ammo reviews
summit ammunition review
Click on a term to search for related topics.