• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Best 9mm Ammo

This is a discussion on Best 9mm Ammo within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by dk.easterly Great link with a lot of good info. Thanks for posting. Try this one too which goes more in depth. http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm...

Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #41
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 41665
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk.easterly View Post
Great link with a lot of good info.

Thanks for posting.
Try this one too which goes more in depth.
http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_De..._FAQ/index.htm

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
AKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #42
XDTalk 5K Member

Member #: 38362
Quote:
Originally Posted by agalindo
XRBR the best there is.

Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The exact process is like, totally secret and proprietary.

Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.

My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.

The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10 Warthog, and painted a scary face on each and every round.

Now I understand the problem. I bought XFBR's! eXtra Fuzzy Bunny Rounds. Not so scary when the round turns into a big ol fuzzy bunny and hops off after giving the bad guy a nose nuzzle.

Tactical black cat - sleeps in doorways

A right unused become a privilege for the ruling class.

john_bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #43
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73617
Those ranger t's are a nasty hp from what I've seen. The sgd are Aldo highly rated ... good list up there
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #44
XDTalk Member

Member #: 50657
best are

Federal HST 124gn +P

or

Winchester Ranger T's 124gn +P
Winchester PDX Bonded 124gn +P

Basically the winchester's are the same.

According to the Doc the bonded rounds are the best all around round to pentetrate and expand.
countrygunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #45
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygunner View Post
Federal HST 124gn +P

or

Winchester Ranger T's 124gn +P
Winchester PDX Bonded 124gn +P

Basically the winchester's are the same.

According to the Doc the bonded rounds are the best all around round to pentetrate and expand.
Those are good rounds. But the standard 147 gr perform better. Plus they have less recoil and muzzle flash. Which translates to faster follow up shots.

Slower heavier bullets have better penetration.

Read the article I posted. It was done by one of the top researchers on ballistics.

When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty.

-Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Old 08-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #46
AKC
XDTalk 5K Member

Also Winchester recommends their 147gr in short barrels.

-Benjamin Franklin

Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #47
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78630
I use Winchester white box for range/plinking and Hornady critical for SD
Nightman9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:31 PM   #48
XDTalk 1K Member

Member #: 52639
range - federal, american eagle or speer lawman.
SD - speer gold dot 147gr.
sig 1911 .22 od sold
rock island 1911 9mm
w0ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #49
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 78900
I've had issues with the Hornady critical defense rounds feeding but the critical duty runs great. It feeds just as well as the Speer gold dot in both the XDm and my P95. I gotta admit with the P95, I could fill the mag with pudding and it would probably manage to cycle and shoot it.
MrDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
XDTalk Member

Member #: 78131
Range is either winn white box or federal fmj's and carry are the Winchester pdx1's which are the old ranger-t or black talon's if I'm not mistaken.
Browning Gold Hunter 3.5 inch 12 gauge
1940 ish Springfield Armory .22 rifle

I train because one day YOUR life may depend on it.
roseacarpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

9mm, ammo, self defense, xdm

Search tags for this page
9mm ammo

9mm ammo review

9mm ammunition reviews

best 9mm ammo

best 9mm ammo for practice
best 9mm ammo review
best 9mm ammo reviews
best 9mm jhp ammo
best 9mm practice ammo
best ammo brand
best ammo for m
mke 9mm ammo review
summit ammo review
summit ammo reviews
summit ammunition review
Click on a term to search for related topics.