XD Talk

  • Home
  • Forum
  • Active Topics
  • Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Best 9mm Ammo

This is a discussion on Best 9mm Ammo within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by Cuda66 The 147gr Gold Dot will not feed reliably in one of my 9mm's. Ergo, you're wrong. I am not wrong! You ...


Reply
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #21
XDTalk 500 Member
 
kypix's Avatar
 
Member #: 65572
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ky
Posts: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
The 147gr Gold Dot will not feed reliably in one of my 9mm's.

Ergo, you're wrong.


I am not wrong! You must have a defective pistol.



kypix
kypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 08-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
XDTalk Member
 
RedRaider's Avatar
 
Member #: 55165
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ropesville, Texas
Posts: 78
I use Federal HST 147 gr.
__________________
_________________________
Shane

Texas Concealed Handgun License
XDm 3.8 compact 9mm
XDm 3.8 compact .45
LRB/PSA 16" midlength AR15
LRB/Spikes 16" midlength dark earth AR15
Mossberg 500, 00buckshot
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #23
XDTalk 5K Member

 
Ridge's Avatar
 
Member #: 67471
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,703
I think the Freedom Munitions is great for the range and's it's cheaper than Federal. Just got some of their "Blaster ammo" for even less and it runs great through my XDM 9. A carry Spear Gold Dots just cuz everyone says their the best. Never killed anyone with it though LOL

Freedom munitions smells good and tastes even better
__________________
“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” ― Dalai Lama XIV
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
XDTalk 1K Member
 
Member #: 70670
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS_XDM View Post
Federal smells the best I have never tested any of your other requests.
The smell test......that's a new one.
KTXdm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:10 PM   #25
XDTalk 1K Member
 
stuz92's Avatar
 
Member #: 48119
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Shenadoah Valley
Posts: 1,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS_XDM View Post
Federal smells the best I have never tested any of your other requests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTXdm9 View Post
The smell test......that's a new one.
Have we found the new gimmick in the ammo market, ammo that leaves you smelling of a fresh field on a warm spring day. Wouldn't want to smell bad after a trip to the range, you come home from shooting and your wife thinks you've been with the hot neighbor down the street.
__________________
"Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

We defend our President with guns We defend our Congressmen with guns We defend our Governors with guns We defend banks with guns We defend our courts with guns,We defend our children with a sign that says THIS IS A GUN FREE ZONE and then call someone with a gun if there's an emergency!
stuz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #26
XDTalk 1K Member
 
TCS_XDM's Avatar
 
Member #: 72933
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,732
I hand load rounds with sensual musk incense ground into the powder.

I also hand load party rounds filled with glitter and confetti.
__________________
SIG 226 9mm Stock
XDM 5.25 everything you can add
Ruger SR556 w/EO Tech
1911 custom built was at some point Springfield
Henry 22LR Lever Action (favorite)
TCS_XDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #27
XDTalk 20K Member
 
Helpdesk9's Avatar
 
Member #: 63819
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCS_XDM View Post
I hand load rounds with sensual musk incense ground into the powder.

I also hand load party rounds filled with glitter and confetti.
You selling those?

Veni, vidi, edi
__________________
------------------------------------------------

Credere, sed verificare





To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 post(s).
Helpdesk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #28
XDTalk 15K Member
 
agalindo's Avatar
 
Member #: 3721
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Alpine Texas
Posts: 16,131
XRBR the best there is.

Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The exact process is like, totally secret and proprietary.

Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.

My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.

The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10 Warthog, and painted a scary face on each and every round.
__________________
Quote:
My name is Mike Franks. I figure I got one more fight left inside me. You want it?
Mike Franks NCIS
Quote:
Battlestar Galactica Book Of Pythia
"All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again."
Quote:
People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. River Tam Serenity
agalindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #29
XDTalk 1K Member
 
Member #: 70670
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 1,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by agalindo View Post
XRBR the best there is.

Xtreme Rabid Badger Rounds signal a paradigm shift in home defense and anti-terrorism ammunition. Utilizing the same state of the art technology that puts foam dinosaurs in those plastic capsules that dissolve in hot water, I've been able to enhance what would be otherwise boring hollowpoint ammunition with a rabid badger core. The exact process is like, totally secret and proprietary.

Upon striking the body of your target, a rabid badger is unleashed through a process that involves a lot of really hard to understand math and physics calculations, and possibly some magic. The resulting stopping power goes beyond devastating, and is actually completely unable to be measured. In every ballistic test conducted, the badger ate the gelatin block, and then quickly turned on the testers.

My cores use very expensive laboratory grade badgers that are 99.9% pure, and 100% insane with rabies.

The shock of a rabid badger bursting from a teammate's body and then going totally nuts adds a psychological warfare element unmatched by any other ammunition maker in the industry today. To further enhance this, I took a cue from the A-10 Warthog, and painted a scary face on each and every round.
Awesome, do they come in black???
KTXdm9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #30
XDTalk 5K Member
 
KentB's Avatar
 
Member #: 75787
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 5,374
My Sig 228 shoots anything I feed it.
Not sure why some of you are bashing Hornady Critical Defense, unless its because of the 115 weight.
I've been trying the new Critical Duty, 135, and have no problems with it either.
That being said, I carry Gold dot 147 when I'm not using my 45.
Might switch to Critical Duty if it performs well in the LE world.
__________________
“Fear Me, for I Will Fight Back!”

NRA Life Member
KentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

9mm, ammo, self defense, xdm


Search tags for this page
9mm ammo
,

9mm ammo review

,
9mm ammunition reviews
,

best 9mm ammo

,
best 9mm ammo for practice
,
best 9mm ammo for self defense
,
best 9mm ammo review
,
best 9mm ammo reviews
,
best 9mm jhp ammo
,
best 9mm practice ammo
,
best ammo brand
,
best ammunition to run threwa xdm 9mm
,
mke 9mm ammo review
,
s&b 9mm ammo reviews
,
summit ammo review
,
summit ammo reviews
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/xd-m-discussion-room-xd-m/208444-best-9mm-ammo.html
Posted By For Type Date
Thread whats the best 9mm range ammo? | Glock Talk | BoardReader This thread Refback 01-27-2013 01:41 AM