• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

New XD(m) purchase... Need some advice.

This is a discussion on New XD(m) purchase... Need some advice. within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Originally Posted by GameOver620 Thanks for the advice! I am leaning toward the bi-tone 4.5" 9mm. Should all new purchases of xdm's whether it be ...

Old 05-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
XDTalk Supporter

Member #: 67471
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I am leaning toward the bi-tone 4.5" 9mm.

Should all new purchases of xdm's whether it be online or at show come with the case and accessories like it shows on the Springfield website?
Yes. Slight changes depending on model... At least two mags and other accesories. The compact has one each of the 13 round and 19 round. The 5.25 comes with 3 of the 19 round mags.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74147
Welcome from Alabama! I just posted the same thing several weeks ago. I went to the gun show to purchase an XDm 3.8 9mm Compact in all black. I did a good bit of google price shopping and went ot the gun show. Was not impressed at the gun show with the prices, but I finally met a nice LGS owner who was displaying at the show. I told him I was buying a gun today and he had what I wanted at his LGS, so I went there from the show. After a little more haggling, I purchased my XDm 3.8 9mm Compact in all Black for $569 + tax. Do your homework on pricing... I was thrown numbers from $679 at the show, which was crazy high pricing! Also, if you pay in cash... you save a few % for credit card fees!!
Good Luck!!
CCRAYJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #13
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74154
I think you are looking at the right gun for your purposes for the same reason as previously stated in others posts.

My LGS(Central Ohio) currently has 4.5" XD(m)9s on sale for $539+tax add $50 for bitone.

When I buy anything I prefer to support local businesses.If prices are in line.I have found gun shows and the internet to offer no better prices than my LGSs.Especially if they are independents and not big box stores.Now I have had to say "I can order one from XYZ for this price.Can you beat it?".Quite often they are negotiable just like a gun show.They know what they are going for and any good business knows they have to be competitive(they also know when a gunshow is coming to town).Just be honest about the best deal you can find and that you are looking to buy today. You may be surprised at the results.They also know they have a local reputation to worry about.I like being able to go back and ask questions if need be after the sale too.

Enjoy the gunshow but consider your best deal may be just down the street.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:42 AM   #14
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 74349
Welcome from Wyoming, I just bought the Xdm 9mm 4.5 in Bitone and have not yet shot it, but I'm glad I spent the few extra dollars to get it in Bitone!
NeverEnoughGuns27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:15 AM   #15
XDTalk 3K Member

Member #: 74142
I'd agree you are looking at the right gun if you aren't going to carry at all. I just picked up a plain XD 9mm at my local shop. I had to haggle with them on price and ended up paying $20 more than it would have cost me online. But then I didn't have to wait a week or two and I supported local business (which I do anyway with ammo)
Old 06-01-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 74463
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT A SHOW. I looked for this gun for a long time. I went to shows, stores, etc. Shows typically wanted mid 600's. Academy wanted 599$. I looked and looked online.......499$ at Sportsmanoutdoor superstore.com AND They dont charge tax. Just a 25$ shipping handling fee. I emailed a local ffl dealer and they had a charge of 25$. Ordered it monday and it got to the shop on Thursday.
SPRINGFIELD HS XDM 9MM 4.5 BLACK @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore:
ccmartin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 74710
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmartin2 View Post
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AT A SHOW. I looked for this gun for a long time. I went to shows, stores, etc. Shows typically wanted mid 600's. Academy wanted 599$. I looked and looked online.......499$ at Sportsmanoutdoor superstore.com AND They dont charge tax. Just a 25$ shipping handling fee. I emailed a local ffl dealer and they had a charge of 25$. Ordered it monday and it got to the shop on Thursday.
SPRINGFIELD HS XDM 9MM 4.5 BLACK @ Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore:
New member, first post here (been reading a bit here).

Just wanted to say thanks for the tip on SOSS. I just ordered the XDm 9mm 4.5 (black). I've been looking around for some sort of deal, but to no avail. Just happened to stumble across this post.

Soon I'll be the proud owner of a brand new XDm 9mm! It'll be the first 'new' firearm in my collection.
dk.easterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
XDTalk Member

Member #: 74088
Get extra mags and skip the lights. Handheld light is almost always better IMO, since you can point the light without having to point the gun. I don't want to be expecting an intruder and find a family member in my sights! Lasers are okay, I guess, but the ones that attach in front of the trigger guard mostly just make it hard to find a holster. But if you don't plan to carry, I wouldn't worry about that. Lasers, to me, are more of a crutch when you're learning to shoot. I'd stick to the iron sights for practice and plinking. Lasers were developed for fast target acquisition. That's no replacement for good aim, proper grip and trigger control.

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. Good women want us to BREW beer.
(from Married with Children, but I added the last line)

A fine beer may be judged with only one sip, but it's better to be thoroughly sure.

All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.
fellow Kentuckian Daniel Boone

XDm 40 3.8 compact

Last edited by beakman; 06-05-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typo. again. stupid fingers....
beakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #19
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 69159
Have an XDM 4.5 9mm Love the thing. Paid, little over 600 after all said and done. Can I drop in a .40 barrel, spring and guide rod into the frame and convert up like that?

If not, I would have liked to have started with the 40 and been able to convert it down to 9mm. I guess I haven't really looked into that one too much yet.

What say ye? Can I drop in a .40 into my 9mm?!
WidowMaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #20
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 56303

Last edited by Bandog; 10-11-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Bandog is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

advice, gun show, xd(m)

Search tags for this page
9mm 4.5 bi-tone
academy springfield xdm 9mm 4.5 bitone pistol
gun show price 4.5 xdm 9mm silver black
hs xdm 9mm 4.5 bi-tone
hs xdm 9mm 4.5 black
hs xdm 9mm 5.25 competition

hs xdm 9mm 5.25 competition bi-tone

springfield hs xdm 9mm 4.5 bi-tone price
springfield xdm 9mm 4.5 bitone for sale
springfield xdm 9mm 4.5 bitone prices
springfield xdm 9mm gunshow price
which xd to buy
why are xdm 9mm 4.5 hard to find
xdm 9 competition laser rod for sale
xdm 9mm competition bitone
xdm 9mm competition bitone or black
Click on a term to search for related topics.