• Gallery
  • Social Groups
  • Search
  • Today's Posts
  • Mark Forums Read
  • Register
  • Advertise

Another polished gun!

This is a discussion on Another polished gun! within the XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M) forums, part of the XD Talk category; Would love to do this , probably send mine in after the holidays...

Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #81
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 80599
Would love to do this , probably send mine in after the holidays
Thumperc25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Remove Ads
Old 12-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #82
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 73617
Thank you for contacting me savage run. It came out looking excellent on your gun, I'm glad you're happy with the finished product.

Guys, if any of you all are interested please feel free to contact me. I'm not a company, so I don't have a bunch of parts thus my turnaround time is usually just working on it for about 2 days. I guarantee for you to be happy with my work or send it back, and I will correct any issue that you are unhappy with. I feel my prices are very reasonable as well. Please pm me and I'll get it through my email if you are interested. Any bi tone gun can have the same polished finish as you have seen in the pics. I have also done a few older stainless 6 shooters that I wish I had pics of but don't unfortunately. Any stainless gun or part I can do.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:45 PM   #83
XDTalk 100 Member

Another recent customers barrel. This one wasn't meant to be super shiny. The gun was still very tight and so he wanted the barrel to be polished to loosen it up a bit which it did.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #84
XDTalk Member

Member #: 82563
Looks awesome. You have a great attention to detail which I noticed looking through this thread. Keep it up!
Mack21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #85
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack21 View Post
Looks awesome. You have a great attention to detail which I noticed looking through this thread. Keep it up!
Thanks man. I just try to keep customers happy with my work.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #86
XDTalk Newbie

Member #: 86809
That looks fantastic! Makes me wish I'd bought the bi tone instead of flat black. I wouldn't want to shoot it too often because my fingers would smudge that baby.
Fossinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #87
XDTalk Member

Member #: 86797
Wow that is pretty!
Rucku5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 AM   #88
XDTalk 100 Member

Member #: 65132
Have you considered using Renaissance Wax to protect the finish? With repeated applications, the wax works down into the pores of the metal.

The British museum uses it to protect their ancient armor and swords from rust. I have successfully used it on a two-handed Broadsword I received as a gift. Not a speck of rust on it.

You do beautiful work.

[NRA Life Member] [TSRA Life Member] [CHL]
DLBConductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #89
XDTalk 100 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBConductor View Post
Have you considered using Renaissance Wax to protect the finish? With repeated applications, the wax works down into the pores of the metal.

The British museum uses it to protect their ancient armor and swords from rust. I have successfully used it on a two-handed Broadsword I received as a gift. Not a speck of rust on it.

You do beautiful work.
Thank you for your compliment

Honestly, if it's a stainless steel slide, most of the time it wouldn't be around enough moisture to cause any rust issues plus stainless steel will rust, but not nearly as easily as a standard steel. Most people keep their guns very clean, especially if they went through the cost and trouble of having it polished. Wax is typically slick (maybe not the kind you are speaking of), which would obviously cause an issue with operating the gun.

If it's the barrel, I would think/hope that most people keep them oiled well enough that rust wouldn't be an issue anyway and it gets so hot it would likely melt any sort of wax away.

In fairness though... I know nothing about this particular wax either, and it might stand up to everything better.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #90
XDTalk 100 Member

Ok guys, I have a deal going on right now with my polishing. Prices are as follows... (you pay shipping to me) so all prices include return shipping through USPS. I DO NOT use FedEx or UPS, as they tend to beat their boxes up quite a bit. If you really want to use one or the other, you will pay the added cost to ship if there is one.

All slides must be bi-tone! If you choose to get your barrel done at the same time, the price is much cheaper.

5.5" 55.00. Barrel 15.00 extra. 70.00 shipped back to you. Turn around time will be apporximately 1-1.5 weeks.

3.8 and 4" 60.00 (barrel included)

3.0" 50.00 (barrel included)

All of my work I guarantee you to be happy with or send it back and i'll correct it free of charge.

Note: I do not do polish the top, front, nor back of the slide for reflection purposes causing potential issues.

If interested, please PM me, as I am not on the site very frequently. I will get it through my email.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! » XD Talk » XD-M Discussion Room - XD(M)

Search tags for this page

how to polish aluminum gun parts

polish slide xdm
polish xdm slide

polished

polished guide rod xdm

polished gun

polished guns

polished pistols

polished xd slide

polishing aluminum gun frame
renaissance
where can i get my gun polished
where can i get my gun polished in washington
xdm 3.8 polished slide
xdm 9mm polished guide rod
xdm bitone rust
Click on a term to search for related topics.